Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to/in your JEEP today???

11K views 117 replies 21 participants last post by  DirtyRabbit 
#1 ·
Lets get this Great Lakes Thread rollin'!!!!!
I'm about to swing by the autoparts store and get a new Steering Stabilizer and also going to try to fix my non op wipers...
:cheers2:
Beer ME!!!

#81 ·
That pic is awesome. Ill run those tires past my nephew, and see what he wants to do.

#84 ·
.. I replaced gauge cluster bulbs and now have a working 4wd light on the dash!! Woooohooo!!

Gonna try and figure out where the leaks is on my windshield.. I hope its just one leak but I doubt it as the drivers side front and rear get soaked with water when it rains. I wasn't loking forward to it but I think I may rip out the carpeting in Agnes.
Hafta make sure the floor boards are not rotting through, fix leaks, and prob Herculine the interior. NOT a big fan of the shag carpet.
Anyone here have experience with lining their interior? What did you use and how awesome of a time did you have doing it?

#87 ·
There was no way when I went there that I was going to attempt the hill in the second pic. Both the hills side by side seem to steep....

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

#89 ·
Jegs emailed today, I won't be getting my cam kit for another week:brickwall
I guess that gives me another week to decide wether or not I should do the work myself.

I also ordered a Carb spacer, Edelbrock valve covers and air house assembly... can't wait to get the surgery started!

#97 ·
Waiting on a case of Comp cam break-in oil, edelbrock intake gasket, manifold bolts today. Once those are in the work begins.
Also on the way, 4 new Skyjacker Nitro Softride shocks and a crt performance TFI kit.
Can't wait to have all this done so I can then start my carpet removal/monstaliner application and remove old and install new custom headliner...:D

Just Empty Every Pocket

#99 ·
My regular mechanic. Called him up and he said they were a bit slow. He said 2-3 days tops and he said he would do it all for $500. However, I didn't mention the shock because that's something I can def tackle myself. He is a long time family friend and has been the family mechanic for about 30 years.

Also, the tfi kit I'll also do myself because it won't be in until friday or sat. Headliner will also be done by me. Thinking either actual wood paneling or a country plaid pattern for that.

#103 ·
little offroading in my Wk same spot i went with my Yj in Chicago.

A far away pic of my yj and wk and roommates yj

Attachments

#105 ·
Hahaha Yes it is Saul i would have, i was nervous of screwing something up when i am by myself. I will pm me your number usually i switch up between rides when i go there,but my wk loved being there more than my yj though. I think the train was yelling at me you can hear it in the video which is why i left so early hahha. i am allowed to be on that land but i don't know about off roading on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.