Stolen Jeep in Chicago - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Illinois Jeep Forum > Stolen Jeep in Chicago

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 02-19-2013, 10:00 PM   #16
fsts2k

2002 with a 5 speed manual. It had a B&M short shifter. The stickers were pretty unique; there was a ProComp sticker on the upper passenger window that was a total B!tch to get off... I have to believe that one is still there since I could not get it off with hours of work.

Other unique things were the passenger door was fairly heavily scratched, it had a sticker on the front bumper that said "Jeeps are Build, not Bought", and there was a dent on the passenger front fender, just to the right of the marker light toward the center of the car. There was a K&N cold air intake and the drivers side of the hood (vertical part toward the hood edge) had a bunch of deep scratches from sticker removal.

Might you have seen it out in Chicago again?

Thanks for the help

fsts2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 10:06 PM   #17
Ripper3494
1994 YJ Wrangler 

i cant imagine what i would do if i ever caught someone ****ing with my jeep. especially if i saw parts of it being sold.
1997 ZJ limited - BONE stock
2003 tj - 4in skyjacker, 33" mickey thompsons
my on board alternator/welder write up
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/alternator-welder-write-up-1301614/[/url]
my tj 1/2 doors on a yj write up
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/tj-uppers-yj-half-doors-hard-top-installation-1417686/[/url]
RC vs BDS
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/rough-country-vs-bds-1461555/[/url]
Ripper3494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 10:53 PM   #18
Saul32
1988 FSJ Wagoneer 

saw the Jeep again about a week ago but I seriously don't know if its yours. If you want to drive over there with someone that knows tha area shoot me a text
773 757 7413
Unread 03-10-2013, 09:29 AM   #19
fsts2k

Thanks for the offer, I stopped over that way yesterday and found what I think you were referring to. It was right off 25th. Pic attached. unfortunately while close, it was not the jeep. It had a hard top, fenders were not the same, bumpers were different, and more importantly the color was different. So the search continues...

Thanks for all the help!
photo.jpg  
Unread 03-10-2013, 08:26 PM   #20
Saul32
1988 FSJ Wagoneer 

The one I saw had a winch. I hope you find it soon
Unread 03-11-2013, 05:28 PM   #21
fsts2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul32 View Post
The one I saw had a winch. I hope you find it soon

Hmm... sounds like I need to head back down there. Will shoot you a text when I get some free time to see if you have ideas where to go.

Thanks!
Unread 03-13-2013, 06:09 PM   #22
hockeyjeep38
2004 TJ Wrangler 

keep us updated! im still on the look out! but im in new lenox. i do know the previous over of the jee fsts2k. great jeep, hope she turns up
KC slimlites, windshield mounted
Warn front bumper, LoD rear bumper/tire carrier
hockeyjeep38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 11:49 AM   #23
fsts2k

Update! Found... but a stripped out mess, wheels off, engine pulled, trans is out, etc... most of the parts seem to be there still Cops arrested guy

Trying to get a plan to get it out of the garage it is shoehorned in.. wild

It was found near 35th place and rockwell.. right near where Saul said he saw it
Unread 06-14-2013, 11:55 AM   #24
jhigday

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Very cool that you found it. Hope it can be repaired
Unread 06-14-2013, 10:26 PM   #25
fsts2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhigday View Post
Very cool that you found it. Hope it can be repaired

Thanks, spend most of the afternoon digging the Jeep and associated parts out of the garage. The main pieces appear to be there (engine, trans, winch, bumpers, rims & tires, etc) but many of the smaller ancillary pieces are gone (skid plates, doors, radio, etc). It appears that the thief was in the process of trying to either sell parts or move them onto his own Jeep. The good news is that it appears the thief was somewhat competent and thus the connections appear to be there with no cutting or ripping out pieces. This should help greatly during rebuild.

The police were fantastic including coming back in the afternoon with me to provide support as we collected the components. It is going to be quite a rebuild but the goal is to put it back together mostly as it was; hopefully only a 6-8 month project.

I will need to purchase parts and with this being my now second Jeep I will be trying to find used parts. Will post up a Google doc over the coming weeks identifying things needed and hopefully I can buy from folks in the area that have spares.

I will get a build thread going once I have more time to inventory and determine the best path forward.
Unread 06-16-2013, 09:42 AM   #26
mschi772
Web Wheeler

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Yay! I've been doing aquatic work for the Chicago parks and have been on the lookout. Glad you found it.
mschi772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 01:02 PM   #27
overland-wk
2006 WK 

Wow thats about 5mins from my house. I live right by 32nd and carpenter
Bumsmodified98xj
overland-wk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2013, 01:07 PM   #28
fsts2k

Rebuild started:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/r...ld-up-1846265/

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.