Stolen Jeep in Chicago - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Illinois Jeep Forum > Stolen Jeep in Chicago

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 08-21-2012, 08:37 AM   #1
fsts2k

Stolen Jeep in Chicago

All,

If any of you are in Chicago and a gun metal TJ with WARN front and rear bumpers, KC fog lights, winch, black American Racing rims, bushwhacker flares and a beefy rear swing away tire carrier it might be my jeep. It was stolen from my house down in River West yesterday at some point. I have filed a police report hoping it will show up.

Thanks

*****Update, Jeep was found by Chicago PD in private garage. Car was mostly stripped but majority of parts were in the garage. Rebuild starting*****

jeep_small.jpg  

Last edited by fsts2k; 09-28-2012 at 11:39 AM..
fsts2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2012, 08:48 AM   #2
GIJOE1914
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Wow. I noticing alot of jeeps getting stolen near the downtown area. May be its time for me to install an alarm....ill keep a look out. I work in the west loop
GIJOE1914 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2012, 08:55 AM   #3
fsts2k

At this point I think I would install a master cut off switch and an automated shotgun alarm
Unread 08-21-2012, 10:06 PM   #4
Rugby_3
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Sorry to hear about your Jeep. I do have an alarm on my that has a master cut off when armed, which is key. I will keep an eye out for it. Hopefully they find it complete.
Rugby_3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2012, 03:27 AM   #5
bojang
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I might have seen it yesterday. Up in the North Center(Damon and Diversey) area. I remember it was blue and had the fender flares. Don't remember the winch or lights.

Freedom from nags, cranks, government, do-gooders, control-freaks and idiots is all that I ask for.

Never trust a lumpy fart.
bojang is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2012, 07:34 PM   #6
fsts2k

Thanks! Do you remember if it was parked or driving around? I can do a bit more recon up that way. I have two repo companies looking for it as well as some friends with the Chicago PD.
Unread 08-27-2012, 09:56 PM   #7
fsts2k

Just drove around for 1-2 hours, no dice. I saw a Jeep that looked very similar in size but was black and had silver rims. Do you remember where about you saw it? I drove all of Wolcott, most of the sketch areas around there, and wound my way around. While I saw a lot of Jeeps, mine did not appear. This article gives me potential insight into what could have happened, it would make sense since there was nobody parked in front of me nor was there broken glass.

http://chicago.everyblock.com/announ...-card-4685114/

Please let me know if you see it again.

Thanks
Kevin
Unread 08-28-2012, 03:55 AM   #8
bojang
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I want to say I saw it driving north on Damen, somewhere around Belmont/Addison.
Do you have a plate number in case I see it again? Not that they would still have them on it but if they are stupid enough to be driving it around.....
It seems like somedays I see 5 lifted jeeps, and none for weeks, this was one of those days where everytime I looked there was another one, so I don't really remember it if it was yours. But I do remember the color, it had the same flares, and black rims. He was driving, so I don't know the tires. There was no winch or lights that I recall. The guy driving it I think looked like a white guy with a dark tan. Didn't get a look at the passenger.

Freedom from nags, cranks, government, do-gooders, control-freaks and idiots is all that I ask for.

Never trust a lumpy fart.
bojang is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2012, 06:54 AM   #9
fsts2k

Thanks for keeping an eye out

Plate number is N778892

VIN: 1J4FA49S12P733889

Last edited by fsts2k; 09-06-2012 at 01:09 PM..
Unread 09-11-2012, 04:33 PM   #10
fsts2k

I think I may have missed my doors being sold on CL.. there seems to be some folks selling Wrangler doors on there for pretty cheap. I found an old post (Google cache) from the same person the day after my Jeep was stolen and a post from a few days ago. Called yesterday and he said he just sold a pair of dark blue ones the day prior. Sent me pictures of Red doors (anyone missing their red doors) for $375.

Keeping an eye out for other parts and have been driving around looking for it. Spent a few hours driving around Chicago and Pulaski last night to no avail.

Lot of folks seem to be finding them a week after they were stolen at the pound with their top, doors, tires/wheels, and electronics stolen out of them.

Kevin
Unread 09-11-2012, 04:37 PM   #11
Ripper3494
1994 YJ Wrangler 

not likely out in my area but ill keep a look out when i go to the city this weekend
1997 ZJ limited - BONE stock
2003 tj - 4in skyjacker, 33" mickey thompsons
my on board alternator/welder write up
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/alternator-welder-write-up-1301614/[/url]
my tj 1/2 doors on a yj write up
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/tj-uppers-yj-half-doors-hard-top-installation-1417686/[/url]
RC vs BDS
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/rough-country-vs-bds-1461555/[/url]
Ripper3494 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2012, 08:42 AM   #12
fsts2k

Still gone... hoping folks can keep a look out for the parts. I have a sinking feeling it is gone forever at this point.

Kevin
Unread 02-08-2013, 01:54 PM   #13
Saul32
1988 FSJ Wagoneer 

any News on your Jeep??
Unread 02-15-2013, 07:12 PM   #14
fsts2k

No news on the jeep.. Cops stopped calling me a while ago and while I continue to search it seems lost.
Unread 02-19-2013, 08:16 PM   #15
Saul32
1988 FSJ Wagoneer 

what year? trans?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.