Redbird October 22nd - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Illinois Jeep Forum > Redbird October 22nd

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-21-2011, 09:10 PM   #1
Nickit1981
2007 JK Wrangler 

Redbird October 22nd

So the 8th wasn't going to work out for a lot of the guys I normally wheel with.. so we are going to hit up Redbird on October 22nd. Anyone is welcome to join.

Nickit1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2011, 09:35 PM   #2
Chase08
1999 WJ 

Nick, I'm still fresh to the site and all was skimming through some things, what is the redbird? I'm in Illinois and always lookn for new people to wheel and hang with
Chase08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2011, 06:56 AM   #3
XJ_Renegade
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase08 View Post
Nick, I'm still fresh to the site and all was skimming through some things, what is the redbird? I'm in Illinois and always lookn for new people to wheel and hang with
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&gs...2&ved=0CA8Q_BI

http://www.redbirdsra.com/index.php?...tpage&Itemid=1

Unfortunately my leaf springs are more used up than my brother's ex wife, so I can't do any wheeling until early spring.
[COLOR=White] White Jeep Club Member #108 [/COLOR]
[COLOR=Blue]R.I.P. Troy Edwards[/COLOR]

My Build Thread: [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/99-xj-project-arctic-wolf-1126101/"]Project [color="white"]Arctic Wolf[/color][/URL]
XJ_Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2011, 04:29 PM   #4
Nickit1981
2007 JK Wrangler 

yeah.. we are actually doing a night run and camping out as well that night.. so if anyone wants to join.. come on down.
Unread 10-24-2011, 09:57 PM   #5
SaharryMoe
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickit1981 View Post
yeah.. we are actually doing a night run and camping out as well that night.. so if anyone wants to join.. come on down.
How did it go at Redbird Nick?
SaharryMoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2011, 08:06 AM   #6
Nickit1981
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaharryMoe

How did it go at Redbird Nick?
It was fun.. really slick.. I slid sideways into a tree and added some personality to my Jeep. I managed to almost roll My Jeep on an easy trail at night..And gave my winch a workout pulling people out..including my buddy in his cummins diesel ram. The camp ground across from the park is turning out awesome. We will be back next year for sure. Doing the Badlands on the 5th.. the the cliffs on the 12th I think next.
Unread 10-27-2011, 04:53 PM   #7
SaharryMoe
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickit1981 View Post
It was fun.. really slick.. I slid sideways into a tree and added some personality to my Jeep. I managed to almost roll My Jeep on an easy trail at night..And gave my winch a workout pulling people out..including my buddy in his cummins diesel ram. The camp ground across from the park is turning out awesome. We will be back next year for sure. Doing the Badlands on the 5th.. the the cliffs on the 12th I think next.
Sounds awesome! Hope the body damage was not too extensive.
Unread 10-27-2011, 05:26 PM   #8
Nickit1981
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaharryMoe View Post
Sounds awesome! Hope the body damage was not too extensive.
not too bad.. the tree pushed my door handle in and it slightly bent my door. the door handle wasnt working at first but i pushed on it a litlte harder and it started working fine. I got a stripe down the entire length of the door thats about 1/4" wide. not something i can just buff out.. its going to require paint.. but ive been meaning to teach myself how to repair that bad of scratches.. nows as good of time to learn as any..
Unread 10-28-2011, 05:02 PM   #9
1murderedjeep
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Pics or it didn't happen!!! Btw good thing you didn't mess up the opening mechanism.
1murderedjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2011, 05:23 PM   #10
Nickit1981
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1murderedjeep View Post
Pics or it didn't happen!!! Btw good thing you didn't mess up the opening mechanism.
ha.. no problem.. ill take a pic of the stratch tomorrow when im trying to hide it after i wash the rest of the mud off.. already went through a 15 minute car wash. heres a pic of me slowly sliding off a ledge. got this just in time before we got a strap hooked up to my slider to keep me from going any further.
Unread 10-28-2011, 05:24 PM   #11
Nickit1981
2007 JK Wrangler 

i had absolutely no traction there. and my buddies were standing on the rails to keep the weight on this side of the jeep.
Unread 10-28-2011, 06:05 PM   #12
1murderedjeep
1995 YJ Wrangler 

nice!!! night runs seem like fun always wanted to be going through a forest with all lights on. It would be creepy at the cliffs, they should have a halloween thing on the main trail where people jump out and scare you. kinda like a haunted hay ride.
1murderedjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2011, 07:23 PM   #13
Nickit1981
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1murderedjeep View Post
nice!!! night runs seem like fun always wanted to be going through a forest with all lights on. It would be creepy at the cliffs, they should have a halloween thing on the main trail where people jump out and scare you. kinda like a haunted hay ride.
yeah.. thats what they did at redbird.. except.. they need more volunteers.. only had like 3 spots where people would jump out at ya and pound on your windows. we need a night run at the cliffs 2 months ago and had a blast! the thing is.. when youre doing a night run in the forest.. you DONT use all of your lights.. you end up blinding the people around you. you basically use your fogs.. and low watt rock lights under your vehicle. i will definitely do more night runs next spring.
Unread 10-29-2011, 09:51 AM   #14
SaharryMoe
1998 TJ Wrangler 

It looks like you just ran someone over in that pic lol... Lets see the scratch....

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.