Northwest Suburbs - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Illinois Jeep Forum > Northwest Suburbs

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 08-22-2011, 07:24 PM   #1
Cherokee98girl
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Northwest Suburbs

I'm out in the suburbs in St. Charles and was wondering if there are any good places to go mudding that isn't a park with paid admission

Cherokee98girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2011, 07:25 PM   #2
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee98girl View Post
I'm out in the suburbs in St. Charles and was wondering if there are any good places to go mudding that isn't a park with paid admission
Just the mall.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2011, 07:44 PM   #3
1murderedjeep
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I live in glendale heights but there is nothing really around me i always am looking for construction sites. found one the other day on glen ellyn road between north ave and armytrail road with some big mud hole but it was just off the main road. I was so tempted but cops always seem to run by there and i had no top or doors on.
1murderedjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2011, 09:52 PM   #4
Cherokee98girl
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Same case out in Schaumburg, There is construction site off of springinsguth that has a very shallow rentention pond on one side and a huge pile of mud but my boyfriend who was passenger told me it would be a bad idea since cops are all over there.
Unread 08-23-2011, 01:56 AM   #5
bojang
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I hope you guys get arrested.

Freedom from nags, cranks, government, do-gooders, control-freaks and idiots is all that I ask for.

Never trust a lumpy fart.
bojang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2011, 05:35 AM   #6
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

It's also a bad idea to talk about illegal wheeling here on JF.....don't do it, it gives us all a bad name. The Cliffs is not that far from you, doesn't cost that much, and is a good time.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 08-23-2011, 06:20 AM   #7
goodyear35
1976 CJ7 

People like you give the rest of us a bad rep. I hope the cops impound your rig.
goodyear35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2011, 07:39 AM   #8
1murderedjeep
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
It's also a bad idea to talk about illegal wheeling here on JF.....don't do it, it gives us all a bad name. The Cliffs is not that far from you, doesn't cost that much, and is a good time.
yes i agree the cliffs are a blast and doesnt cost to much but a hour and a half is a long drive. i just want somthing where i can mess around for an hour when i cant make it out to the cliffs. BTW i do not wheel on construction sites that are all graded out where i can mess up there work. Actually i have never been to one do to that fact.
Unread 08-23-2011, 09:26 AM   #9
Cherokee98girl
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I have never nor would I ever go on a construction site, I have friends that are construction workers and I know better than that. I just meant like one of my good friends has a buddy with a farm that has a great place to mud in the back buy I dont believe he has the farm any longer so if there was some place like that in the area.
Unread 08-24-2011, 01:12 AM   #10
bojang
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1murderedjeep View Post
hour and a half is a long drive
:rofl ::hahaha :: rolleyes:

Freedom from nags, cranks, government, do-gooders, control-freaks and idiots is all that I ask for.

Never trust a lumpy fart.
bojang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2011, 06:46 AM   #11
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojang View Post
I hear ya....3.5 hours one way, to the Badlands, usually several times a year, means I spend just as much time getting to and from the wheeling spots as I do wheeling. I even drove two days to wheel for three, in Moab. Nothing is close. I wish I could afford to by a couple of hundred wooded acres close to home.

Unread 08-24-2011, 11:34 AM   #12
Filthy-Beast
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee98girl View Post

Hi and Welcome! Your best bets are the Cliff's and the Badlands. The Cliff's are close and the BadLands is worth the drive!

For Sale: 2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks

97 TJ: daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
98 TJ: Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
06 LJ Rubicon: mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
13 JKU Rubicon: Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2011, 04:30 PM   #13
Nickit1981
2007 JK Wrangler 

like ive been telling everyone in 2 weeks over labor day weekend there is a big car show that we are running a jeep event along side that is having a bunch of giveaways and we are wheeling at the cliffs the next day. if you participate in the car show you get discounted admission and camping at the cliffs. you should come down for it.
Nickit1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2011, 06:52 PM   #14
1murderedjeep
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickit1981
like ive been telling everyone in 2 weeks over labor day weekend there is a big car show that we are running a jeep event along side that is having a bunch of giveaways and we are wheeling at the cliffs the next day. if you participate in the car show you get discounted admission and camping at the cliffs. you should come down for it.
See ya there probably going Sunday. I can not wait haven't wheel in a while due to school and work. I'm camping at illini park how about you?
Unread 08-25-2011, 05:11 AM   #15
Nickit1981
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1murderedjeep View Post
See ya there probably going Sunday. I can not wait haven't wheel in a while due to school and work. I'm camping at illini park how about you?
Youre not coming for the car/Jeep show on saturday night? We have over 1000 bucks worth of stuff to give away and all you have to do to qualify is enter your jeep in the car show for 10 bucks! Looks like there should be a decent turn out for Jeeps. We are actually camping out AT the Cliffs. If you enter the car show you will get discounted admission to the Cliffs and discounted camping prices.
Nickit1981 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.