need a wheelin buddy - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Illinois Jeep Forum > need a wheelin buddy

THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 05-31-2008, 08:38 PM   #1
YJ_95
1995 YJ Wrangler 

need a wheelin buddy

i live in frankfort Illinois. If there is anyone who lives near by and would like to go wheelin someday that would be cool.

YJ_95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2008, 07:01 AM   #2
jmelgin
2008 JK Wrangler 

I would be interested in joining you - plus I've got another buddy here in Frankfort that might join as well. We're newbies but willing!
jmelgin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2008, 07:05 AM   #3
Luckyduck
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Try craigslist, LOL But seriously I found a wheeling buddy that way. I put a wanted ad on for a light bar and a jeeper got back to me and he goes wheeling. He just sent me an e-mail this morn saying that he was going wheeling in CT wondering if I was in.

CentralMass4wd.com

1993 Ranger 2wd - dd
1999 wranger 2.5 - it gets used for something
1978 international scout - being built
1998 Cherokee sport 4.0 auto
1957 CJ5 - restoring back to stock http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...54#post5168554
Bikes:2000 Ducati Monster 900: 2001 CBR 600 F4i: 1980 CB 900
my build http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/my-build-thread-those-us-low-budgets-550786/
Luckyduck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2008, 07:23 AM   #4
schatenjager
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I'm up in Bolingbrook but my father in law lives just down the street from Minne Minose Golf Course...I've been looking for some places to take my mostly unmodified YJ...
Unread 06-01-2008, 08:09 AM   #5
YJ_95
1995 YJ Wrangler 

cool, im not lookin to do anything serious maybe just some trails and little bit of mud. Do you guys know of any trails around here. I saw one kind of by the first midwest bank amphetheatere. It kind of goes along the highway but im not sure if its legal.
Unread 06-01-2008, 04:18 PM   #6
jmelgin
2008 JK Wrangler 

I've been out to The Cliffs, an offroad park, west of Joliet. It's about an hour drive from Frankfort. Has lots of wooded trails, some kind of narrow, a little mud, and a stream to play in. Our typical routine is to hit the trails for a few hours, then head off to the local biker bar for a round or two.

[B]'08 WK Grand Cherokee Overland CRD[/B] - Steel Blue

[B]'05 KJ Liberty[/B] - Black
jmelgin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2008, 08:57 PM   #7
YJ_95
1995 YJ Wrangler 

i wanna try and get out to the cliffs this summer now that school is out. what all do you need to be able to go there?
Unread 06-01-2008, 09:09 PM   #8
aaronc88
1993 YJ Wrangler 

i live in bridgeview, IL and i am up for some wheeling. Badlands is about 3 hours aways and cliffs is about 1hr away. Just got back from the cliffs today and today was one of the more dry days and we still had to use our winches and straps to get around. But all that u need to go to the clifs is money for park fee,trail flag, a basic set of tools, tow points, tire gauge, and a couple other jeeps with you and itd be nice if at least one had a winch.
Other nice things to have
tools, spare parts, winch, tow straps, cb, boots, extra clothes

jeep
aaronc88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2008, 09:45 PM   #9
YJ_95
1995 YJ Wrangler 

k well maybe someday this summer we can all set up a trip to the cliffs or badlands for a day or two. that would be cool. we could have a little convoy of jeeps.
Unread 06-01-2008, 10:37 PM   #10
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

You guys should totally check out Jeeps Gone Wild. They make monthly trips to the Badlands and are real laid back and fun to wheel with. They are local to Illinois. I've been out with them a few times now and have had a blast each time. I strongly recommend checking them out. I can't wait for the next event that I am attending July 5th and 6th. Camp-out with two days of wheelin! You guys should come along. It's a blast.

www.Jeepsgonewild.org

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2008, 12:15 AM   #11
YJ_95
1995 YJ Wrangler 

how far are the badlands from la porte indiana? im goin out there this weekend and possibly could check badlands out.
Unread 06-02-2008, 02:10 AM   #12
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

The badlands are in Attica, about 2 hours to the west of me. I don't know where la porte is to tell you how far it is, but it's definitely worth checking out.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2008, 12:04 PM   #13
YJ_95
1995 YJ Wrangler 

its right by michigan city.
Unread 06-02-2008, 06:53 PM   #14
Katesdad

2.5 to 3 hours south its a haul.
Katesdad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2008, 07:58 PM   #15
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katesdad View Post
2.5 to 3 hours south its a haul.
But it's worth it.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.