In need of a trailer (boat trailer or flatbed) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Illinois Jeep Forum > In need of a trailer (boat trailer or flatbed)

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-25-2012, 04:58 PM   #1
crazyskier537
1998 XJ Cherokee 

In need of a trailer (boat trailer or flatbed)

Hey all! I'm in the Chicago area and need to transport a radio tower that is 20feet long and weighs about 200 lbs. Thought about throwing it on top of the XJ, but it's a bit too heavy. Going to Dixon, IL from Northern Chicago. Only need it for about half a day on Monday to drive it to Dixon, and half a day the following Monday to bring the tower back. Would be great if the trailer was at least 15' long (eg. 18 foot equipment trailer or boat trailer). Tow vehicle would be my XJ with towing package (trans cooler etc.), so the lighter the better.

Would have used my friend's 18 footer, but his lights are no longer in working condition. Thanks in advance!

Pics of 18 footer I towed below.

2012-07-25-10.20.14.jpg   2012-07-25-10.21.42.jpg  
crazyskier537 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2012, 11:39 AM   #2
crazyskier537
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Bump. Noone has a boat or flatbed trailer? Willing to compensate...
Unread 07-29-2012, 11:44 AM   #3
HurricaneRZA
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Sorry I cant help you out with a trailer... What happened to his lights? that's usually a pretty quick fix depending on what happened. May be easier to fix them than to borrow a trailer if you're in a pinch.
[QUOTE=doublins;15539665]I always get people coming over and saying things like "I wish I knew how to do that," etc- but they don't realize- at some point I didn't know how to do it either- I had to figure it out.[/QUOTE]
HurricaneRZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2012, 01:25 PM   #4
crazyskier537
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Thought about fixing them but it would cost quite a bit of money. Half the lights are punched out and a bunch of marker lights are missing. Brakes don't work on it, and since it weighs like 4,000 pounds I would like to have them working. Thought about just slapping on some temporary lights from my small trailer and running all new wires to a harness, but then I still have the problem with the brakes.
Unread 07-29-2012, 01:37 PM   #5
HurricaneRZA
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah I was going to say go get a light kit from autozone to throw on and just run the wires... When you're done either give em to your buddy or return them to the store... As for the brakes... Yeah you may have a problem there...
[QUOTE=doublins;15539665]I always get people coming over and saying things like "I wish I knew how to do that," etc- but they don't realize- at some point I didn't know how to do it either- I had to figure it out.[/QUOTE]
HurricaneRZA is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.