Need tires (235/75/15) and a spot for light off roading - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Illinois Jeep Forum > Need tires (235/75/15) and a spot for light off roading

** FALL SALE on all Jeep Optic Armor Windshields **Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-Gear

Unread 09-03-2013, 04:04 PM   #1
willcherokeexj
2014 JK Wrangler 

Need tires (235/75/15) and a spot for light off roading

Looking for a set of 4(5) AT tires with a good amount of tread in tire size 235/75/15.

I am also looking for a spot to drive off the pavement for a bit, nothing intense. I just want to drive around some fields or through a small patch of forest.
I am located in Lockport, IL and I would be so happy if someone knew someone around here or knew of some land where the owner is okay with jeepers driving on it. I am a relatively stock XJ(DD) and it couldn't take the cliffs or bad lands.
I don't want to tear up any fields, I just want to coast around some offroad dirt roads or trails. I know there is a few I've seen around Lockport where jeepers have offroaded but I do not know if they were doing so legally.

One is off bruce road and oak ave, and another off the 355 exit on 159th street.

I know there are trails there but do not know who the owners are.

Any trails or tires would be appreciated.

2014 JK - Willy's Wheeler Edition
willcherokeexj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2013, 07:52 AM   #2
bigeasy523

You can take a stock xj to the cliffs no problem. Its your best bet at having the most fun, and it's completely legal, which is hard to find around here. Let me know if you are ever interested in going. Always looking for more people to wheel with
bigeasy523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2013, 04:55 PM   #3
Rollbar12
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds like a blast,I dated a girl up in Lockport,those roads I have seen before. Never went down them cause like you I didnt know if it was legal. I have a pretty stock TJ and heard the Cliffs have places for us too. Wouldnt mind heading down there.
Rollbar12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2013, 11:06 PM   #4
TheEddie

Hey guys, check out Crossroads Jeep Club on facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/232084310227655/

We are having a Newbie Run (open to jeeps of any size!)

October 13th at the Cliffs.

Send a request to the club and the admin will add you so you can see the event listing.

Hope to see you guys there!

Past Jeeps: 01 TJ, 97 TJ, 98 XJ, 2000 WJ
TheEddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2013, 10:37 AM   #5
Rollbar12
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks Eddie! I will do that. 13th is our First Beard competition for my local beard club so I might not be able to go then. But I am interested in a club.
Unread 09-29-2013, 06:10 PM   #6
TheEddie

No problem! Beard competition? Sounds interesting!

Past Jeeps: 01 TJ, 97 TJ, 98 XJ, 2000 WJ
TheEddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2013, 02:44 PM   #7
Rollbar12
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Yes Sir! Already joined the facebook page, if you are interested in the beard comp or any info check out Chicago Beardsmen on Facebook. Going to be at Jerry's in Wicker Park.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.