Lift install in central illinois... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Illinois Jeep Forum > Lift install in central illinois...

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-Gear

Unread 02-13-2008, 01:27 PM   #1
Eraz3r
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Lift install in central illinois...

Hey all,
I live in central illinois and I'm looking for someplace that can install a lift kit on my TJ. Anyone know of any reputable shops that do that kind of work around the area? I'm in bloomington/normal and im willing to drive a bit to get it done, any recommendations are helpful.

thanks guys!

- Luke

Eraz3r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2008, 11:32 AM   #2
CHRRRIS
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Matt at Attitude Performance in Arlington Heights can do the install... Extreme Jeep in McHenry is a Jeep dealership that does custom work such as installs, but charge about $85/hr..

What kind of lift do you have to be installed? I'd really recommend installing it yourself, or with a couple fellow Jeepers. I had mine installed by someone else and now I regret it. Not because of the money, but becasue I wish I could have learned a thing or two about my Jeep's suspension.

My club, (link in sig) were going to get ttogether to install an OME 2.5" lift on one of our member's 4-door JK's next weekend, but something came up where he won't be available..

Maybe someone on here that lives a little closer to you can help you out, or if you would like to ask my club, join our site and ask in the technical portion, I'm sure the guy's with the right tools won't mind, just gotta speak up.

Good luck with whichever direction you go.

Current - '98 Black Z28 with some goodies
Previous - '97 Gun Metal Blue TJ

Northern Illinois Extreme Jeep Club
www.ExtremeJeepClub.com
CHRRRIS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2008, 06:02 PM   #3
wranglerguy77
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Tj

Bring your Jeep up to Peoria. The Uftring Automall does lifts on jeeps. They do just about anything you want. They can give ya quote on what it will cost to do the install and the techs are certified to do them too. But if you are doing just a basic lift do the work yourself. I did mine. Grant it its a pain in the rear when you do for the first time, but its not too bad.
wranglerguy77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2008, 10:01 AM   #4
Elwood
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Johnson's Off Road in Danville Illinois does good work. A friend of mine has lifted 2 Jeeps by him and he is very pleased.
Unread 03-04-2008, 09:17 PM   #5
Eraz3r
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for all the suggestions!! I talked a local shop into it and got er done... seems now that the transfer linkage is rattling so I will have to take a look at that...

Let it be said, the rough country 4" lift is rough... until you put on 33" tires on 15 inch wheels. Then its perfect. :-)
Eraz3r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.