Jeeps Going Wild: Moab 2013 - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Illinois Jeep Forum > Jeeps Going Wild: Moab 2013

THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 03-11-2013, 04:21 PM   #61
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRay View Post
Ok I just got off the phone with KOA and yea they do still have some left for those dates. I'm getting my taxes done next Tuesday so I'm going to wait until next week to make a solid decision on this trip. I'm hoping I don't owe again this year as I would like to get some parts on the JK before heading out on the trail with it.
Thankfully Uncle Sam didn't get me as hard as he did last year. I can't wait to get back out there.

I want to do some more trails:

Seven Mile Rim
Elephant Hill
Golden Spike
well....anything I can safely do....after all I'll need to drive it home.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2013, 08:10 AM   #62
5cents
2008 JK Wrangler 

I'm going to Disney that week or I would have been in. And yes I'm still alive.
5cents is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2013, 07:47 PM   #63
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
I'm going to Disney that week or I would have been in. And yes I'm still alive.
Good to hear....you missed a good one at The Badlands today.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 03-17-2013, 06:58 PM   #64
5cents
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post

Good to hear....you missed a good one at The Badlands today.
Ironically I was in NW Indiana this weekend. Wasn't driving the jeep though. Rented a Chrysler 300 with the 5.7 hemi in it for an extended test drive. I see one in my future. Still keeping the Jeep though.
5cents is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2013, 05:36 AM   #65
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

New tires are ordered, one step closer to being there.

Unread 03-20-2013, 01:15 PM   #66
riverrunner
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Just following your posts about lodging and camping in Moab. I have been there a few times and have camped cheaply each time. There is BLM campsites along the Colorado River that go for 11 bucks a night or close to it. The sites are at various spots outside of town. Vault toilets only. You can go to the intown camp grounds and rent a shower for 6 bucks. Maybe camping will help take some of ouch of the furnace issue. Enjoy your trip! I will be there myself at the end of April
riverrunner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2013, 07:43 PM   #67
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverrunner View Post
Just following your posts about lodging and camping in Moab. I have been there a few times and have camped cheaply each time. There is BLM campsites along the Colorado River that go for 11 bucks a night or close to it. The sites are at various spots outside of town. Vault toilets only. You can go to the intown camp grounds and rent a shower for 6 bucks. Maybe camping will help take some of ouch of the furnace issue. Enjoy your trip! I will be there myself at the end of April
I contemplated some of those camp sites, saw them in 2011, but in the end, a roof, bed and bathroom sound really nice.

Now that I have new tires, I'm so ready to go.

Unread 03-21-2013, 08:17 AM   #68
riverrunner
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I contemplated some of those camp sites, saw them in 2011, but in the end, a roof, bed and bathroom sound really nice.

Now that I have new tires, I'm so ready to go.
When I go to Moab, Im there to run the rivers in the area. However, this trip I would like to spend a day doing a trail somewhere in the area. Any recommendations on mild trail? I run a stock TJ on 31s so hangin with buggies is way out of my skill level
Unread 03-21-2013, 09:12 AM   #69
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
When I go to Moab, Im there to run the rivers in the area. However, this trip I would like to spend a day doing a trail somewhere in the area. Any recommendations on mild trail? I run a stock TJ on 31s so hangin with buggies is way out of my skill level
Onion Creek has some great views, can probably be done in 2wd.

Top Of the World has an awesome view at the top. Requires 4wd, but I'm sure a stock TJ can do it with out issue.

Fins and Things and Hells Revenge can be done in a stock Jeep too, there are obstacles for the big boys, but they are optional.

Unread 03-21-2013, 09:21 AM   #70
riverrunner
2003 TJ Wrangler 

thanks! Enjoy your trip
Unread 03-25-2013, 04:15 PM   #71
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
thanks! Enjoy your trip
Thanks....you too.

I can't wait.....but I guess I have too.

Unread 03-26-2013, 07:39 AM   #72
riverrunner
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks....you too.

I can't wait.....but I guess I have too.
Cant wait either! We will start our road trip west on the 18th of April. Its long haul...but reward is worth it
Unread 03-26-2013, 01:15 PM   #73
BRay

Made our reservations at KOA so we are in.
Unread 03-26-2013, 02:10 PM   #74
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRay View Post
Made our reservations at KOA so we are in.
Awesome!! We need to get some goodies mounted on that there JK of yours before we go.

Unread 03-26-2013, 07:44 PM   #75
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I've been watching EJS 2013 vids, in anticipation of Moab in May.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.