Jeeps Going Wild: Moab 2013 - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Illinois Jeep Forum > Jeeps Going Wild: Moab 2013

Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!TJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 02-17-2013, 09:34 PM   #46
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobie View Post
I really wish I could make it this year. Maybe next year. The Jeep will definitely be ready then too.
Next year may be Black Bear Pass and Colorado wheeling.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2013, 09:17 PM   #47
Sobie
Bolt-on Maniac

Works for me. Either way its about the same drive. Google maps says a hair over 13 hours and 729 miles to Black Bear and just shy of 13 hours and 881 miles to Moab.
Unread 02-19-2013, 06:12 AM   #48
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobie View Post
Works for me. Either way its about the same drive. Google maps says a hair over 13 hours and 729 miles to Black Bear and just shy of 13 hours and 881 miles to Moab.
It's just a slight detour to do both. But you have to go when the weather is right. But I better not get ahead of myself, 2013 first.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 02-25-2013, 11:06 AM   #49
Sobie
Bolt-on Maniac

If I wasn't so "tied down" I could easily make weekend trips with those types of drive times. But rules dictate that I must be on leave to travel that far away, even if I'm off already anyways.
Unread 02-27-2013, 09:52 AM   #50
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

A big wrench showed up this morning, in the form of a broken furnace. I'm getting an estimate for a new one today at noon......the fate of Moab looks grim.

Unread 02-28-2013, 05:30 PM   #51
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

So, I got the sticker shock today..........$5,200 for the new furnace and a/c unit, ouch. That's a lot of mods, down the drain.....maybe even my Moab trip. It's not definite yet, but it's a nail.

Unread 03-01-2013, 07:34 PM   #52
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Sitting here reading "Guide To Moab UT, Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails" I haven't thrown in the towel yet.

Unread 03-02-2013, 05:42 PM   #53
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I told the wife I'm going on this trip, despite the new furnace. I've also talked her into moving out there when we retire.

Unread 03-08-2013, 12:36 PM   #54
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I got the bill for the new furnace.....ouch. Hopefully there's no more unexpected bills in my future, or my Moab dream will be dead.

Unread 03-10-2013, 08:33 PM   #55
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I got my taxes done today....I'm paying Uncle Sam much less than last year, so it doesn't appear my Moab trip is going to fade away.

Unread 03-10-2013, 09:57 PM   #56
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

With all the unexpected things that happened it looks like finding a room in Moab during the time I had hoped for may be impossible. We may have to wing it and go camping......yikes.

Unread 03-11-2013, 11:37 AM   #57
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

All troubles have faded. Moab 2013 is booked. We got a cabin at the KOA, sleeps 4. Going to check in on May 19 and leave may 25th. Woo-Hoo!

Unread 03-11-2013, 01:31 PM   #58
BRay

I have been considering this trip and was just talking about it yesterday with my better half. Did you get a standard cabin or a deluxe and did you get one with heat?
BRay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2013, 01:56 PM   #59
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

The cabin we got sleeps 4. It as a bathroom, queen bed, bunk beds, microwave, flat screen tv, a/c...probably won't need heat at the end of May. It was $721 for 3 people, for 6 nights. They said they have quite a few of them. Here's where I found them: http://www.moabkoa.com/

Unread 03-11-2013, 04:07 PM   #60
BRay

Ok I just got off the phone with KOA and yea they do still have some left for those dates. I'm getting my taxes done next Tuesday so I'm going to wait until next week to make a solid decision on this trip. I'm hoping I don't owe again this year as I would like to get some parts on the JK before heading out on the trail with it.
BRay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.