Jeeps Going Wild: Moab 2013 - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Illinois Jeep Forum > Jeeps Going Wild: Moab 2013

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 01-10-2013, 12:00 PM   #31
BRay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
There are a few guys interested, but nothing is set in stone yet.

If we go, and you want to go, feel free to tag along.

It's just too soon to say "I'm in", because of the variables that are involved.
Going to Moab is something I have wanted to do for several years. I will consider it, thank you. It would a good place to try out the factory skid plates on the new Rubi JK.

I spoke to my buddy today who has gone to Moab for several years and they always stay at this place outside of Moab that has camping cabins and is also a Shell gas station. He said its clean and queit and just 10 minutes from the town of Moab. Looks like a nice place and the rates look decent. Check the link of their website.

http://www.archviewresort.com/cabins.html

n

BRay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2013, 01:53 PM   #32
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRay View Post
It would a good place to try out the factory skid plates on the new Rubi JK.

I spoke to my buddy today who has gone to Moab for several years and they always stay at this place outside of Moab that has camping cabins and is also a Shell gas station. He said its clean and queit and just 10 minutes from the town of Moab. Looks like a nice place and the rates look decent. Check the link of their website.

http://www.archviewresort.com/cabins.html
We stopped there for gas last year.

I didn't know you pulled the trigger on a JK....what did you get? Did you sell/trade the TJ?

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2013, 04:17 PM   #33
BRay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
We stopped there for gas last year.

I didn't know you pulled the trigger on a JK....what did you get? Did you sell/trade the TJ?
So my better halfís nephew works at a large dealer and they ordered this 2012JK Rubi for a guy and the deal fell through. Well it's a 6 speed and everyone want auto's so they wanted to move it. Well I wanted the 6 speed with the lifetime warranty and they offered an amazing deal. 2012 Jeep JK 2 door Rubi, Red, 6 Speed with the 3.6 engine. The power of the new 3.6 engine is huge. The Sirrus radio is nice and this is the first Jeep I ever had with a hard top and soft top. Iíve owned a Scrambler a YJ the TJ I just sold and now this new JK, amazing how much they keep improving.

It was really hard to sell off the TJ off but I had this guy pestering me for about 6 months and he is very well off financially and just kept throwing money at me until I said yes. Plus in the end it was going to a good home. So when I found out I could get this new 2012 I took a deep breath and closed the deal on both. I really didn't want to sell the TJ and it was hard to let it go but once I got into the JK I realized itís still a Jeep and I actually like the additional width for the comfort factor. This JK is going to get built and itís going to get used for off road. That's why I asked about the Metalclocks in your other thread. Parts are stacking up in the garage for a spring time build.
Unread 01-10-2013, 04:53 PM   #34
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds cool, congrats.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 01-10-2013, 07:51 PM   #35
BRay

FunTreks has some of their guide books on sale so I just ordered the Moab guide book. Thanks.
Unread 01-11-2013, 04:03 PM   #36
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRay View Post
FunTreks has some of their guide books on sale so I just ordered the Moab guide book. Thanks.
I have the "Moab Bible".....it's pretty good to look at from time to time, just because.

Unread 01-22-2013, 11:35 PM   #37
Talos37
1987 XJ Cherokee 

so hows moab looking its January i defiantly wont make this trip one wife would b pissed and kids to young for a trip like that 2 my xj is so not ready for that hard core of wheeling hell i doubt as it sits that it could handle bad lands lol and 3 no cash, just wondering how this trip was panning out
Unread 01-23-2013, 04:46 AM   #38
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talos37 View Post
so hows moab looking its January i defiantly wont make this trip one wife would b pissed and kids to young for a trip like that 2 my xj is so not ready for that hard core of wheeling hell i doubt as it sits that it could handle bad lands lol and 3 no cash, just wondering how this trip was panning out
All I can say right now is I have scheduled the time off.....and my fingers are crossed.

Unread 01-23-2013, 05:20 AM   #39
Talos37
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks for the update hope it all works out and jgw has an awesome trip
Unread 01-30-2013, 05:34 AM   #40
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Things for Moab aren't looking real good right now, but I've still got the time off scheduled.

So long as I don't get any huge tax time surprises I should be good.

Unread 02-13-2013, 05:56 PM   #41
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'm a little more optimistic that this trip will happen this year.

Unread 02-14-2013, 08:40 AM   #42
Rook87
1997 ZJ 

My gf and I are goin out there. Just on our own so I was shootig for the week after EJS in hopes of having backup out there with the crowd.. ill wait an extra month to ride out in a group. Only thing is I sold my jeep so were takin my Dakota on 33 km2s.. idk just a thought
Rook87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2013, 06:51 PM   #43
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook87 View Post
My gf and I are goin out there. Just on our own so I was shootig for the week after EJS in hopes of having backup out there with the crowd.. ill wait an extra month to ride out in a group. Only thing is I sold my jeep so were takin my Dakota on 33 km2s.. idk just a thought
I'm not sure we'll have a group. At times, I'm not even sure it'll happen. As things get closer, we'll know for sure.....but a Dakota? There's still time to trade that off for a jeep you know.

Unread 02-15-2013, 06:21 AM   #44
Rook87
1997 ZJ 

Lol.. buying my first house right now so I wanted a few extra bucks so I sold it. I want a wrangler instead anyways so ill get around to it.. but right on ill just keep an eye out on this thread
Rook87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2013, 03:12 AM   #45
Sobie
Bolt-on Maniac

I really wish I could make it this year. Maybe next year. The Jeep will definitely be ready then too.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.