Interested in jeep club in Shorewood, Joliet, Plainfield area! - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Illinois Jeep Forum > Interested in jeep club in Shorewood, Joliet, Plainfield area!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 05-18-2012, 05:12 AM   #106
kwasiak
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkorn2003 View Post
I still don't see our club in the listing
I didn't see it either, I sent the folks at Jeep forum a message asking them how long it will take to get it posted. We'll see what they say!

Unread 05-18-2012, 05:14 AM   #107
kwasiak
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I just checked my E-mail, The folks at jeep forum said that the Clubs section is currently down, but they are working on getting it back up, They will let everyone know when this page is back up.
Unread 05-19-2012, 07:38 PM   #108
xracer329
2003 TJ Wrangler 

well me and the wife went for a ride today,nice day top off and somehow wound up by the cliffs i swear dont know how it happened.didnt have any recovery gear but stopped in anyway,took the bus stop to the number 3 and followed that around to the number 1. easy well i guess little harry in spots only had 4 hi so had to be carefull,2 jeeps stuck up to there doors they had know recovery gear either. it was a blast not many jeeps there lots of quads though.well needless to say the wife is hooked cant wait to go again wish it was a little better marked oh well its better than dragracing going fast is fun but going slow is so much better lol
xracer329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2012, 08:05 PM   #109
ChitwnGrnJP
2004 TJ Wrangler 

great! that's how all the great jeep memories seem to begin...you know, just cruising around and finding yourself in the right situation to explore a little bit.
Unread 05-21-2012, 07:07 AM   #110
kwasiak
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Was a great weekend for jeeping, wish i could of been there! I guess this makes xracer and Itsy our Cliffs experts! LOL.
Unread 05-21-2012, 06:22 PM   #111
xracer329
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwasiak View Post
Was a great weekend for jeeping, wish i could of been there! I guess this makes xracer and Itsy our Cliffs experts! LOL.
dont know about expert,was worried a few times i was on a wrong course. ordered the novak cable to fix my linkage should have it by the weekend for the install.went out bought a strap and fire extinguiser.so i can check that stuff off
Unread 05-22-2012, 07:55 AM   #112
itsybitsy
1977 CJ5 

I know for certain I'm no expert. Remember, I ended up going through trail carnage and burnt out my clutch.
All while my son was laughing at me as I trembled in fear of rolling over.

The only good thing was I made it through without having to be winched out.
itsybitsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2012, 12:52 PM   #113
kwasiak
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I'm sure if some of us older kids were there, we would have been laughing too! Not that we want you to roll the jeep! Just to see the affects of the pucker factor! And I know that feeling well! It is a rush!

Just talked to my buddy from the Indiana jeep club, he and some people are going to Attica this Saturday, If anyone wants’ to head out there I can give you’re his PH#. I don’t know if I’m going to make this weekend, still need to check the calendar.
Unread 05-22-2012, 03:48 PM   #114
xracer329
2003 TJ Wrangler 

i wish gonna wait till we do a group outing,yard work to do and jeep work if the parts come in
Unread 05-23-2012, 05:29 PM   #115
xracer329
2003 TJ Wrangler 

novak cable arrived today
Unread 05-24-2012, 11:50 AM   #116
kwasiak
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xracer329 View Post

It's like Christmas all over again when part arrives!
Unread 05-25-2012, 06:43 AM   #117
ChitwnGrnJP
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I drove the jeep to work today with the doors. Only downside...I lost my apple when I went around a curve haha
Unread 05-25-2012, 08:10 AM   #118
xracer329
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChitwnGrnJP View Post
I drove the jeep to work today with the doors. Only downside...I lost my apple when I went around a curve haha
Need to find an apple with a flat bottom
Unread 05-27-2012, 08:10 AM   #119
Ironhead
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xracer329 View Post
did you get it installed yet?

i've done two of them and i would def drop the skip plate, makes for a much easier removal of the stock garbage. and it really helps to have someone helping with the removal and reinstall of the body attachment point (sorry, not sure what else to call it, but those little rubber nut things suck)
Ironhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2012, 07:38 PM   #120
xracer329
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead_Jed View Post
did you get it installed yet?

i've done two of them and i would def drop the skip plate, makes for a much easier removal of the stock garbage. and it really helps to have someone helping with the removal and reinstall of the body attachment point (sorry, not sure what else to call it, but those little rubber nut things suck)
installed today,didnt drop the skid was worried about the blind nuts breakin free. those rubber nuts on the tunnel plate did suck 2 people almost 6 hours but when it was installed luckily it didnt need an adjustment was dead on.if i ever do it again skid will be dropped it was regreted.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.