Interested in jeep club in Shorewood, Joliet, Plainfield area! - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Illinois Jeep Forum > Interested in jeep club in Shorewood, Joliet, Plainfield area!

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 05-05-2012, 08:41 PM   #76
Griff1918
Web Wheeler
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Well you can add my email addy to the list.

Griff1918 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2012, 06:03 AM   #77
kwasiak
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Jeff88, thanks for the recap on the meeting, We had a real good turn out, seven people showed up yesterday. I was nice to meet everyone and see everyone's rigs. I will get the e-mail adresses out to everyone today. Didn't have time to do it yesterday. I'll post more later. See ya soon.
Unread 05-06-2012, 11:24 AM   #78
jschulz1720
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I'll PM it.
jschulz1720 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2012, 12:39 PM   #79
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

You guys might want to edit your post, take your email addresses down and send them via PM to kwasiak and not post them on the public forum, you are almost certain to get SPAM from doing that.

Please don't post mine up on the board!
Jeff88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2012, 06:26 PM   #80
Ironhead
2003 TJ Wrangler 

i'm spamming the hell out of jschulz as we speak. hahaha, jk. i'm more by 290/294 but i am always looking for guys in the area.

any trips planned? i'm hitting the badlands on Saturday
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2012, 01:38 PM   #81
kwasiak
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead_Jed View Post
i'm spamming the hell out of jschulz as we speak. hahaha, jk. i'm more by 290/294 but i am always looking for guys in the area.

any trips planned? i'm hitting the badlands on Saturday
Ironhead, love the name! At this time we do not have anything planned. we will try to get something going for next month.
Unread 05-08-2012, 02:04 PM   #82
johnnyko12
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I wouldn't mind meeting out some jeep ppl. Could be for wheelin or just checkin out some other jeeps and grabbing a beer.

I'm in Lockport and just got my first jeep. I kind of went all in on the first one so I didn't have to get pissed later and got a 10" suspension lifted, caged up animal right out the gate.
johnnyko12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2012, 02:10 PM   #83
ChitwnGrnJP
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyko12
I wouldn't mind meeting out some jeep ppl. Could be for wheelin or just checkin out some other jeeps and grabbing a beer.

I'm in Lockport and just got my first jeep. I kind of went all in on the first one so I didn't have to get pissed later and got a 10" suspension lifted, caged up animal right out the gate.
10 inches of lift!? you must have gotten an XJ or a ZJ. Sounds awesome man. We have another meeting we up for June 2nd at 2 pm. It will be at Marc's on 59 which is located off Rt 59 just south of Rt 52 in Shorewood. hope to see you there!
Unread 05-09-2012, 08:30 PM   #84
bkorn2003
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Is there any particular reason why we need any fees? I think the big advantage to clubs, and the primary focus when this thread started, is that it is a group of people in the same area with similar interests. Jeepin' is a great time as we all know. But it is even better when in the company of fellow Jeepers We can plan trips and enjoy each other's company w/o any hard commitments or expectations. This keeps it flexible for everyone's schedules w/o adding any inconvenience. It is just nice to know who is in the area with a jeep, who is taking an off-road trip, and who might need help or be willing to help with jeep upgrades. Sometimes it is difficult to get a group of people together for a trip. The club should make this much easier for all members so our Jeeps can have a better on road/off-road mileage ratio

Thoughts?
bkorn2003 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2012, 08:47 PM   #85
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkorn2003 View Post
Is there any particular reason why we need any fees? I think the big advantage to clubs, and the primary focus when this thread started, is that it is a group of people in the same area with similar interests. Jeepin' is a great time as we all know. But it is even better when in the company of fellow Jeepers We can plan trips and enjoy each other's company w/o any hard commitments or expectations. This keeps it flexible for everyone's schedules w/o adding any inconvenience. It is just nice to know who is in the area with a jeep, who is taking an off-road trip, and who might need help or be willing to help with jeep upgrades. Sometimes it is difficult to get a group of people together for a trip. The club should make this much easier for all members so our Jeeps can have a better on road/off-road mileage ratio

Thoughts?
I don't think there are going to be any fees, at least we didn't come up with any at the last meeting.
Unread 05-10-2012, 07:25 AM   #86
kwasiak
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff88 View Post
I don't think there are going to be any fees, at least we didn't come up with any at the last meeting.

Yes.. No fees... I tried to get our Club Name on the list under the "Clubs" section, but it hasn't showed up yet! So it either takes a while to show up, or we may end up getting about three listings once they do show up. We’ll see.
Unread 05-10-2012, 08:34 AM   #87
johnnyko12
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChitwnGrnJP View Post
10 inches of lift!? you must have gotten an XJ or a ZJ. Sounds awesome man. We have another meeting we up for June 2nd at 2 pm. It will be at Marc's on 59 which is located off Rt 59 just south of Rt 52 in Shorewood. hope to see you there!
It's a yj, previous owner said 4.5" skyjacker lift springs and a 5.5" SOA. Does that count as 10, new to describing jeeps Not sure if it's really 10 or not (where am I supopsed to measure?) all I know is it's hard to get up into and I can wave to semi truck drivers.
Unread 05-10-2012, 10:24 AM   #88
Griff1918
Web Wheeler
2003 TJ Wrangler 

What size shoes you have under that 10" of lift?
Griff1918 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2012, 11:25 AM   #89
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyko12 View Post
It's a yj, previous owner said 4.5" skyjacker lift springs and a 5.5" SOA. Does that count as 10, new to describing jeeps Not sure if it's really 10 or not (where am I supopsed to measure?) all I know is it's hard to get up into and I can wave to semi truck drivers.
Wow nice, got any pictures of it?
Unread 05-11-2012, 11:36 AM   #90
johnnyko12
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I have 35s on it now and an extra set of 40s in the garage. I'll grab a pic of it after work :-)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.