Interested in jeep club in Shorewood, Joliet, Plainfield area! - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Illinois Jeep Forum > Interested in jeep club in Shorewood, Joliet, Plainfield area!

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 04-20-2012, 05:50 AM   #61
kwasiak
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Hope to see everyone there, remember to bring your ideas for a club name, We have had several good ones already. We will be planning a trip also. See you there!

Unread 04-29-2012, 09:46 AM   #62
bkorn2003
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsybitsy View Post
"Crossroad Crawlers Jeep Club"..could be the name & the logo / design could be a line representing 80 with a line representing 55 with a Jeep crossing over both lines.
I like this name and idea.
bkorn2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2012, 06:30 PM   #63
ChitwnGrnJP
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I like Crossroad Crawlers too! I'm lookin forward to seein u guys on the 5th
Unread 04-29-2012, 08:44 PM   #64
kwasiak
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChitwnGrnJP View Post
I like Crossroad Crawlers too! I'm lookin forward to seein u guys on the 5th

I do like the Crossroads name, Crawlers i think refeers to more of a rock crawler rigs.
Unread 04-29-2012, 08:52 PM   #65
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwasiak View Post
I do like the Crossroads name, Crawlers i think refeers to more of a rock crawler rigs.
yeah, I'm not a big fan of the word Crawlers around here anyway...
Jeff88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 06:04 AM   #66
itsybitsy
1977 CJ5 

Well I agree, crawlers usually refers to rock crawling which Im not a fan of.

Crossroad Wheelers...

Crossroad Off Road Club...

Crossroads Jeep Club..... Keep the ideas coming.
itsybitsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 11:09 AM   #67
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Crossroads Off-Road certainly leaves the future options open to accept vehicles that are non-Jeep.

Why anyone would have one of those is beyond me!
Unread 05-01-2012, 11:34 AM   #68
itsybitsy
1977 CJ5 

I agree. I believe we need to prioritize a few guidelines and criteria for the club first. I.e. jeeps only , street legal, or whatever.....

Once we have this then the name will be easier to create . In addition, the name will have more meaning than just the location.
itsybitsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 12:45 PM   #69
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

While still staying true to the OPs vision of having a club that was cheap, and pretty easy-going. I agree with those things, but I think you are right, you have to sort of have a vision statement of some sort or it just becomes a bunch of people hanging out. That's cool with me too!

If I had a vote, I would vote Jeeps only, because that is what we are all interested in With that, it becomes at least a little bit exclusive.

There are probably a few things that would need to be done that aren't costly, but they set the ground rules for what lies ahead.

The only drawback to being completely loosely structured is that it becomes a group of people that just hang out, and slowly it could turn into just a group of people who hang out a couple times a year if that.

I am not speaking pro or con on either of these two set ups at all. I am sure we are all busy and don't have time to run a comprehensive club right now.

I for one can volunteer some time on whatever needs to be done. God knows, I waste a lot of time on JF reading much less important threads!
Unread 05-01-2012, 01:35 PM   #70
Griff1918
Web Wheeler
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I like the idea and i am game for how ever it goes
Griff1918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2012, 08:47 AM   #71
kwasiak
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I agree with all of you, itsy, Jeff88 & Griff1918, I would like a jeep only club, there are many 4x4 clubs around, and thats fine. but i would like a jeep (brand) only club. We can work out some club rules, talk about the club name, I do want to keep the cost down! No fees! So don't forget this Saturday, 2 P.M. @ Marks on 59 http://markson59.com/main.htm. If you are coming from R52 (Jefferson St) turn south on R59 go past the fire station and just past the car wash, Hope to see everyone there!
Unread 05-05-2012, 04:21 PM   #72
nickc144

Nice meeting you all and look forward to future gatherings! Thanks!
nickc144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2012, 05:55 PM   #73
Griff1918
Web Wheeler
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Wish i could of made it.
Griff1918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2012, 06:19 PM   #74
jschulz1720
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Me too. Had to move my Sister-in-Law today. Would've rather gone to the meet up. Keep us posted on the next one.

Would it be a good idea to post a summary of what was discussed at the meet up?
jschulz1720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2012, 06:34 PM   #75
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Let's see, at the risk of being named the secretary, I will try to recap what we discussed...

It was a good meeting and nice to meet people with some of the same interests.

1. We named the Club "Crossroads Jeep Club" and decided the club would be open to Jeep product owners only.
2. Set the date for the next meeting for June 2 @ 2 pm at Marks on 59.
3. Looked at everyone's Jeeps
4. Talked about ideas for trail outings, etc. (I don't think we named a sure thing date or place yet)
5. Talked about keeping the club costs down to a minimum, and being sure to be respectful of the land, etc.
6. I stated that I would work on a couple logo ideas and post them this week so everyone could add and subtract and critique them until we come up with one that works. (If anyone has any thoughts or desires about the logo, shoot me a PM)
7. We talked about other things, but those are secret items only for those in attendance today. (just kidding, but that is all I can really think of right now)
8. Oh, and we exchanged email addresses.

Can whoever has the final copy of the email list send the email the whole list to all of us? Thanks!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.