While still staying true to the OPs vision of having a club that was cheap, and pretty easy-going. I agree with those things, but I think you are right, you have to sort of have a vision statement of some sort or it just becomes a bunch of people hanging out. That's cool with me too!
If I had a vote, I would vote Jeeps only, because that is what we are all interested in With that, it becomes at least a little bit exclusive.
There are probably a few things that would need to be done that aren't costly, but they set the ground rules for what lies ahead.
The only drawback to being completely loosely structured is that it becomes a group of people that just hang out, and slowly it could turn into just a group of people who hang out a couple times a year if that.
I am not speaking pro or con on either of these two set ups at all. I am sure we are all busy and don't have time to run a comprehensive club right now.
I for one can volunteer some time on whatever needs to be done. God knows, I waste a lot of time on JF reading much less important threads!
I agree with all of you, itsy, Jeff88 & Griff1918, I would like a jeep only club, there are many 4x4 clubs around, and thats fine. but i would like a jeep (brand) only club. We can work out some club rules, talk about the club name, I do want to keep the cost down! No fees! So don't forget this Saturday, 2 P.M. @ Marks on 59 http://markson59.com/main.htm. If you are coming from R52 (Jefferson St) turn south on R59 go past the fire station and just past the car wash, Hope to see everyone there!
Let's see, at the risk of being named the secretary, I will try to recap what we discussed...
It was a good meeting and nice to meet people with some of the same interests.
1. We named the Club "Crossroads Jeep Club" and decided the club would be open to Jeep product owners only.
2. Set the date for the next meeting for June 2 @ 2 pm at Marks on 59.
3. Looked at everyone's Jeeps
4. Talked about ideas for trail outings, etc. (I don't think we named a sure thing date or place yet)
5. Talked about keeping the club costs down to a minimum, and being sure to be respectful of the land, etc.
6. I stated that I would work on a couple logo ideas and post them this week so everyone could add and subtract and critique them until we come up with one that works. (If anyone has any thoughts or desires about the logo, shoot me a PM)
7. We talked about other things, but those are secret items only for those in attendance today. (just kidding, but that is all I can really think of right now)
8. Oh, and we exchanged email addresses.
Can whoever has the final copy of the email list send the email the whole list to all of us? Thanks!