Interested in jeep club in Shorewood, Joliet, Plainfield area! - Page 17 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Illinois Jeep Forum > Interested in jeep club in Shorewood, Joliet, Plainfield area!

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 06-29-2012, 08:48 AM   #241
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

In order to make that change, I am thinking something like this...

Jeff88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2012, 09:01 AM   #242
kwasiak
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Looking good! I like the way it looks on the shirt also!
Unread 06-29-2012, 09:02 AM   #243
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

here is a another way to differentiate the interstate markings without encroaching on the X graphic

Unread 06-29-2012, 09:05 AM   #244
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschulz1720 View Post
Great job on everything so far. When we are done I can get the logo printed. Jeff88, I don't remeber if you had all the printing equipment. Brother-in-law owns a graphics business on the side. Has all the equipment 3 houses down from me. Also owes me some favors.
No, I don't have a vinyl plotter or anything like that, so that would be great.

There will be some experimentation when we send it for output, sizes, etc. I do have a guy that can print it, but it will cost per sticker, I am not sure what your brother in law has as far as equipment...

Either way, we can try him first and use my guy as a back up plan!

Unread 06-29-2012, 09:20 AM   #245
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

this is a really quick version (don't mind the rough, quick photoshopping skills) it demonstrates the openness that the logo takes on when it is on a black t shirt.

When we have this thing finalized, I will be tracing around the entire thing with a white line, which will really pop off of dark colors, both Jeeps and shirts.

Unread 06-29-2012, 09:20 AM   #246
ChitwnGrnJP
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff88
In order to make that change, I am thinking something like this...
I love it!
Unread 06-29-2012, 09:28 AM   #247
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

One type of shirt for the ladies:

Unread 06-29-2012, 09:32 AM   #248
Griff1918
Web Wheeler
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I like the last one! And you could print in black and in silver for us dark jeep guys.
Griff1918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2012, 09:33 AM   #249
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Someone a few pages back inquired about inverting the logo in Photoshop...

This is why it does NOT work. Yuck.

We are far better off having a white line around it to set it on top of dark colors, there are just some logos using the high res artsy form (like the jeep is) that will not work in reverse.

I could get this to work, but it would take a long time to make fill decisions and format the Jeep into shapes that can be colored, etc.

Hard to think of how to say it... it can be done, but it would lose the integrity of the original.

The other thing I can not demonstrate on a 2d monitor is accurate texture, the logo can be done on a shiny or matte vinyl, and on a black Jeep it would work in matte against a shiny Jeep and in gloss against a flat black jeep.

There will be some further work to determine how to set it up on a black or very dark Jeep.
Unread 06-29-2012, 09:37 AM   #250
ChitwnGrnJP
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff1918
I like the last one! And you could print in black and in silver for us dark jeep guys.
I def want silver too
Unread 06-29-2012, 09:38 AM   #251
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Nevermind. That will take me all day to show that...

It has been awhile since I have done a logo... I am rusty, like my YJ.
Unread 06-29-2012, 09:39 AM   #252
jschulz1720
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff88 View Post
No, I don't have a vinyl plotter or anything like that, so that would be great.

There will be some experimentation when we send it for output, sizes, etc. I do have a guy that can print it, but it will cost per sticker, I am not sure what your brother in law has as far as equipment...

Either way, we can try him first and use my guy as a back up plan!

He can do cut vinyl or printed vinyl. He can add that logo onto other jobs he's running for test samples.
jschulz1720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2012, 09:43 AM   #253
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChitwnGrnJP View Post
I def want silver too
Be a little more descriptive on what part you want to see in silver...

I can't find the words to describe what I mean about the process, but I might be able to show you the possibilities, not sure if I can do it today.
Unread 06-29-2012, 09:52 AM   #254
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschulz1720 View Post
He can do cut vinyl or printed vinyl. He can add that logo onto other jobs he's running for test samples.

From my perspective, and I say this without seeing his plotter, but if we print it on white vinyl and then he can use the plotter to cut around the outer edge of the image. This is where not owning a plotter doesn't let me explore the possibilities.

Cut vinyl for this will be really, really tiny pieces in the Jeep area. I almost doubt a plotter will cut that small and close, but I don't really know. In my mind, It would be a nightmare. If you look close at all the tiny pieces of how the Jeep is constructed.

Printing it and trimming it close, which I have had to do by hand back in the day, but maybe a plotter can do that now, if I provide a clipping path with the artwork.

These are the things I have been keeping in mind as we go, and as I said, there will be some output challenges, but I am pretty confident we can get it correct.
Unread 06-29-2012, 10:09 AM   #255
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Here is another thing I wanted to mention...

The following shows a close up (as you can see paint to me doesn't mean much on the old YJ) but the point is, this is a gloss black vinyl on flat black. Black is black as a color for the most part, but you can see the texture difference shows up just fine. On shiny black you would just reverse the black to be matte and it would have the same feel.

The flag and the Life is good logo are both stickers mounted onto thin magnetic background. I always do this, so I can move them around or remove and reuse on another Jeep. The tiny little bit of height difference also gives the sticker a little but more depth and visual appeal.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.