Interested in jeep club in Shorewood, Joliet, Plainfield area! - Page 15 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Illinois Jeep Forum > Interested in jeep club in Shorewood, Joliet, Plainfield area!

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 06-28-2012, 07:16 AM   #211
Griff1918
Web Wheeler
2003 TJ Wrangler 

How come the meetings are always when I have to work

Griff1918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2012, 10:22 AM   #212
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Jeff88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2012, 10:26 AM   #213
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I had my software fixed at one point, and now I don't. I don't want to go into the long, boring details of what is happening, but it is taking a really long time to do as many versions as I wanted to. The guy who created the particular software told me on the phone yesterday, "it is an anomaly, we have only seen this issue one other time, and we didn't fix it." Great thanks. So... I switched back to an archaic version and had to recreate the logo.

I wanted to provide a whole bunch of choices, because I don't really know anyone that well, and I am unsure of what you guys would like, I suspect we all would choose something different.

In any event, let's start with the above logo and just give me your thoughts, ideas and criticisms. I can handle it if you think it sucks, I really can.

There is a chance if you are too big of a critic, I will send you a virus. Just kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are certain things I can change on the above logo and some things that will just take hundreds of years for my old version to render. So let's discuss... I will check back and see what you guys think.
Unread 06-28-2012, 10:44 AM   #214
kwasiak
2005 TJ Wrangler 

and here is the first one you came up with! Jeff, Thanks for putting all this work into this!

I kind of like the text in the old one better, Not sure about the stars around the jeep,
Unread 06-28-2012, 12:21 PM   #215
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I am actually liking this one! The background fill color which is red now, can be any color. I removed the stars went back to the original script, made the Jeep larger, and filled the background oval.

I personally like the 80/55 shields, because they are identifiable from a distance and it makes the word Crossroads make sense.

Unread 06-28-2012, 01:18 PM   #216
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Color and a little typeface revision and interstate signage moved up.

Unread 06-28-2012, 01:38 PM   #217
lumbee77

I like the one with the signs at the bottom with the black background behind the text. I'm wondering if a white background inside the circle would look cool instead of the red? If we got window decals printed up the inside of the circle could be translucent which may make the jeep pop more?
lumbee77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2012, 01:44 PM   #218
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumbee77 View Post
I like the one with the signs at the bottom with the black background behind the text. I'm wondering if a white background inside the circle would look cool instead of the red? If we got window decals printed up the inside of the circle could be translucent which may make the jeep pop more?
Some of this all depends on what color vinyl the decal or sticker is printed on and what method is used.

I can remove the red and do it in white, some printing methods will print the white circle and some would leave it transparent as you said, if I set up the file that way.

For my Jeeps, I want to have this printed on white vinyl, so that the whole logo has about an 1/8th inch border in white. This will help the whole thing to stand off my Jeep which is black.

We are going to have to figure out something that works for everybody I suppose. That is probably going to be the difficult part. I dont use a top all summer, so I don't really want a window decal, unless I put it on the front windshield, which I don't know about. But some people probably run tops all year... etc.
Unread 06-28-2012, 02:20 PM   #219
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Here it is with no color in the oval, if it were printed on clear, everything that is white would be clear, there is no way to show that on a monitor.

If printed on white, everything that is white would be white, as it appears now.

Unread 06-28-2012, 02:26 PM   #220
Griff1918
Web Wheeler
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Is there any way to inverted the colors for us guys that have black jeeps?
Griff1918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2012, 02:34 PM   #221
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Unread 06-28-2012, 02:35 PM   #222
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff1918 View Post
Is there any way to inverted the colors for us guys that have black jeeps?
Well, the simple answer to this is yes, let me try something.

I have to keep switching computers! I am really limping by right now.

I would be better off just using chalk and some white paper!
Unread 06-28-2012, 02:47 PM   #223
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Here is what it looks like on a black background.

The Jeep image was originally a photograph, then digitized and made into an image. Because it is not line art, it will be difficult to invert the colors of it. It can be done, but it will take a considerable amount of time and more computer power than I have right now.

As long as the white background is kept in the circle, I think it would look okay on black.

Unread 06-28-2012, 03:57 PM   #224
ChitwnGrnJP
2004 TJ Wrangler 

okay, don't take this as mean criticism but I wanted to express my thoughts...I'm not much of a fan of the 55 and 80 shields where they are. or that they are colored when not much else is. maybe shrink them? maybe put them somewhere else?

i liked the direction the very first logo was going...with the X. I thought if we kept a cross/t thing in there and added the shields to it making it look like a map would be neat.

one last thought...I really like the border that was added in the last version. it makes it look more like a crest/shield which is pretty cool. I was wondering if maybe we could see what a colored jeep would look like? all the black blends in together in my eyes.

Again, I'm not trying to be mean or shoot it down...just throwing a few thoughts out there. thanks guys!...and girls! ha
Unread 06-28-2012, 04:10 PM   #225
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Good thoughts!

Don't worry, I have long ago learned if you don't like exactly what I create, there is something wrong with you.

Seriously, here's the thing, the Jeep was originally designed to be a high contrast black and white graphic. If I change the color of it, it will add color to the entire Jeep, meaning the wheels and the tires and everything. So, it will just change the color of everything, and it won't look right. If we wanted to swap out the Jeep graphic for a multi color Jeep, we could do that. I can't draw it, but if someone has one, I can swap it. I would steal one off the web, but I don't want to face the copyright issues or complaints when someone sees it posted online. If anyone has a Jeep drawing that they own the rights to, we can incorporate it in the center.

See, personally I think the shields are cool, and being in color they look good to me. I know this is a personal preference thing.

At some point, when we have enough feedback, we can decide what I guess the majority wants?

I am all for anyone else doing some logos for consideration too. I have zero ego when it comes to making a logo.

I know if I make changes based on every comment, at some point, I will make one million logos that nobody really likes. I can't really do that.

I will post a couple more either tonight or tomorrow morning. I think I will do a version of the original with the shields in b/w and see how that looks.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.