Interested in jeep club in Shorewood, Joliet, Plainfield area! - Page 14 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Illinois Jeep Forum > Interested in jeep club in Shorewood, Joliet, Plainfield area!

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 06-20-2012, 12:00 PM   #196
ChitwnGrnJP
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchd View Post
Want to help me install some parts for my Jeep
Sure! Just PM and let me know what you have to get done. Its always great to have help getting stuff done!

Unread 06-20-2012, 12:11 PM   #197
ChitwnGrnJP
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Okay so one more post while its on my mind. Some of you may remember that I was having some overheating issues last Saturday. So by recommendation of Adam, I bought a new thermostat for the Jeep yesterday. I'm going to put it in tonight...its a 195 degree one instead of the stock 210 degree. I'm hoping this does the trick.

I read on the forum that some guys have problems with their fan clutch not engaging at the right time. I'm wondering if mine is doing the same because I noticed when I revved up the motor, the engine temp dropped back down to about 210 (normal temp) really fast. I'm thinking the faster rotations on the motor spun the fan quicker making it engage and therefore it cooled things down. If I have any more problems this weekend, I'm replacing the fan clutch for sure. Heat is BAD for any motor and I don't want to play around with this issue very long.

I've flirted with the idea of putting one of these on the hood but always held back...maybe this is a reason to do it after all..hmmmm...

Any thoughts for or against?
14-53-010-2.jpg  
Unread 06-20-2012, 02:07 PM   #198
itsybitsy
1977 CJ5 

This looks bad ***. However, when it comes to my Jeep I always put function first and fashion second. I installed an electric fan and it works great keeping my 360 amc cool.
itsybitsy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2012, 05:52 PM   #199
xracer329
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff88 View Post
By early next week I will have 5 logos up for the club to discuss. I have my software issue addressed, now I want to go back and possibly use some of the photos you guys took and manipulate a Jeep or two to add to a couple of the designs. It all depends how they look when I get them into Photoshop. I have a couple of them selected though!

Sorry it has taken so long!

Patience is a virtue, thanks guys!!!!

Looked like a great trip, once I get locked and get my 33s on, I hope to come along and represent the Old YJs!
cmon you dont need no stinkin lockers tires yes. i would like to get a locker atleast for the rear axle
xracer329 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2012, 06:16 PM   #200
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChitwnGrnJP View Post
Okay so one more post while its on my mind. Some of you may remember that I was having some overheating issues last Saturday. So by recommendation of Adam, I bought a new thermostat for the Jeep yesterday. I'm going to put it in tonight...its a 195 degree one instead of the stock 210 degree. I'm hoping this does the trick.

I read on the forum that some guys have problems with their fan clutch not engaging at the right time. I'm wondering if mine is doing the same because I noticed when I revved up the motor, the engine temp dropped back down to about 210 (normal temp) really fast. I'm thinking the faster rotations on the motor spun the fan quicker making it engage and therefore it cooled things down. If I have any more problems this weekend, I'm replacing the fan clutch for sure. Heat is BAD for any motor and I don't want to play around with this issue very long.

I've flirted with the idea of putting one of these on the hood but always held back...maybe this is a reason to do it after all..hmmmm...

Any thoughts for or against?
I dig those, they just got made available for YJs, I will one day add that to mine. I'd love to see some tests on it to prove the effectiveness of it, from an airflow/heat reduction standpoint.
Jeff88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2012, 06:18 PM   #201
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xracer329 View Post
cmon you dont need no stinkin lockers tires yes. i would like to get a locker atleast for the rear axle
Yeah I have already seen how my BFG all terrains fill up and turn into racing slicks in the mud!
Unread 06-20-2012, 06:20 PM   #202
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Ditto Itsy! I love my KM2's.

I broke down and renewed my Jeepforum subscription today. I haven't surfed around on here much in the past year until today. I'm once again blown away by how awesome so many rigs on here are. I guess if I still lived with my parents and didn't have student loans, though, mine would be just as nice.
I personally think you are doing quite well with yours, you've got plenty of time ahead of you, and I think you are on the right track with that beast.
Unread 06-21-2012, 08:10 AM   #203
xracer329
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff88 View Post
Yeah I have already seen how my BFG all terrains fill up and turn into racing slicks in the mud!
Same here was alright at the cliffs but it was dry did manage to work ok backwards in a water hole lol
xracer329 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2012, 09:57 AM   #204
torchd
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Sure! Just PM and let me know what you have to get done. Its always great to have help getting stuff done!
I sent you a PM!!

[b][color=red]2002 Trans Am[/b][/color]
Cam, Full Exhaust, Stock Heads, Stock LS6 Intake and Stock 10 bolt with 3.42s
[b]420 RWHP and 382 RWHTQ[/b]
torchd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2012, 11:54 PM   #205
justinjlynch92
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Thread newb here. I'm in orland park. So pretty close. We got a club as well and meet up at cliffs pretty often. Maybe we will see you guys there some time...
Always down to check out some new rigs and meet new crazy Jeep people like myself. Lol
justinjlynch92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2012, 04:43 PM   #206
ChitwnGrnJP
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinjlynch92
Thread newb here. I'm in orland park. So pretty close. We got a club as well and meet up at cliffs pretty often. Maybe we will see you guys there some time...
Always down to check out some new rigs and meet new crazy Jeep people like myself. Lol
What's your clubs name? If we see you guys around, we'll definitely introduce ourselves. We just got back from the Badlands yesterday and we did the Cliffs we weekend before. I'm not sure if we'll be doing another run this month.
Unread 06-24-2012, 04:48 PM   #207
justinjlynch92
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Gauntlet off-road. If anything I'll let you know when we are going next
Or let me know and I'll tell the guys.
Unread 06-26-2012, 11:18 AM   #208
ChitwnGrnJP
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinjlynch92
Gauntlet off-road. If anything I'll let you know when we are going next
Or let me know and I'll tell the guys.
Great! Definitely let us know. We have plenty of guys and girls eager to wheel at any time! I'll PM you about our next trip once we have plans
Unread 06-26-2012, 11:28 AM   #209
justinjlynch92
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Sounds good.
Unread 06-28-2012, 06:44 AM   #210
kwasiak
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Club meeting at Marks on 59 in Shorewood Ill, July 7th @ 2 P.M. Grab some lunch and talk jeep stuff.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.