Interested in jeep club in Shorewood, Joliet, Plainfield area! - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Illinois Jeep Forum > Interested in jeep club in Shorewood, Joliet, Plainfield area!

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-17-2012, 12:07 PM   #181
itsybitsy
1977 CJ5 

Just made reservation at Attica Family Campground for Friday night the 22nd. Water & electric only $25.

Four people are included with this price...therefore 3 more can stay on this campsite. First come - first serve. I am just pitching a simple pop up tent so there will be plenty of room for other tents. This is Camping Lot #34.

The initial plan is to meet up at Marks on 59 at 5pm & depart at 5:30pm this Friday. However, I am on vacation so there is a slight possibility I may leave earlier so I do not slow people down being I keep Itsy under 65mph.

itsybitsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2012, 12:29 PM   #182
ChitwnGrnJP
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsybitsy
Just made reservation at Attica Family Campground for Friday night the 22nd. Water & electric only $25.

Four people are included with this price...therefore 3 more can stay on this campsite. First come - first serve. I am just pitching a simple pop up tent so there will be plenty of room for other tents. This is Camping Lot #34.

The initial plan is to meet up at Marks on 59 at 5pm & depart at 5:30pm this Friday. However, I am on vacation so there is a slight possibility I may leave earlier so I do not slow people down being I keep Itsy under 65mph.
I'll camp with ya! My sister wanted to go too so there should be two of us.
Unread 06-17-2012, 12:53 PM   #183
Griff1918
Web Wheeler
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Your sister hot??
Griff1918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2012, 12:58 PM   #184
itsybitsy
1977 CJ5 

Sounds good. We can have more than 4 people....we simply need to pay $3.00 to add on per person. I figure we should have enough room for everyone on one lot.
Unread 06-17-2012, 01:03 PM   #185
itsybitsy
1977 CJ5 

Gas:
There are a quite a few gas stations right inside Attica.

Food:
The Badlands™ has Jesses Hideout open on the weekends that serves, hot and cold sandwiches, sides and beverages.

Attica and Surrounding Area:
McDonalds, Short Stop, Subway, Pizza Hut, Pizza King, Crossroads Restaurant, Uncle Bs Family Restaurant, Arnis, Chen Garden Chinese Buffet, Robie's Family Dining, Harrison Hills Country Club, IGA Grovery & Deli - open 24 hours, Historic Hotel Attica - fine food also serving Prime Rib on weekends.
Unread 06-17-2012, 01:04 PM   #186
itsybitsy
1977 CJ5 

Here is a list of Rules & Regs:

All camping fees are non-refundable. Please don't ask for one. We cannot control the weather or your breakdowns.

Speed Limit is 5 MPH of less for everyone's safety and protection

Pets are allowed, however they must be kept on a short leash and you must clean up after your pet. Pets are not
allowed in the buildings and cannot be left on the campground unattended. Barking dogs will not be tolerated and
may terminate your stay.

Campsites have a designated fire pit. DO NOT MOVE ANY FIRE PITS! Please put ALL trash in the dumpsters.
DO NOT DUMP OIL IN THE DUMPSTERS. Place Aluminum Cans in the BLUE BARRELS by the entrance to the main
office.

One camping unit per campsite. Each tenant is responsible for their camping area. They must maintain cleanliness
and are accountable for your site and for children, guests and pets. Children under 17 are to be in their campsite by
10:00 p.m. No children under 16 may be left unattended in the campground for any amount of time. A parent or
guardian must accompany all children under 18 in order to stay at the campground. No one under 18 is permitted to
check-in without a parent or legal guardian here on the property. No other adult may check you in. ID may be
required if age is in question.

Posted rules must be obeyed. We reserve the right to inspect all vehicles and campsites. Glass bottles are NOT
allowed in the Recreation Building and are discouraged for everyone's safety.

No dumping of any waste is allowed on the campground or adjoining properties. No hunting, firearms, explosives,
sling shots, BB guns. ALL weapons are PROHIBITED!

Riding of any vehicle or bicycles are not permitted in the campground, with the exception of the travel between your
campsite and the Badlands Off-Road Park. You may also ride or drive your vehicle between your campsite and the
Main Office until 8:00 p.m. After 8:00 p.m. all vehicles are to be parked. No exceptions.

Anyone required and/or removed from the Badlands Off-Road Park due to violations of their rules will also be
required to leave the Attica Family Campground. No refund will be presented. Excessive noise or other nuisance will
not be tolerated and may terminate your stay with loss of camping fees. Quiet Time is in effect from
10:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. Please be considerate of your fellow campers.

The campground is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged articles of any kind. The campground is not
responsible for accidents to guests' property or persons.

Vehicle or trailer washing is NOT allowed inside the campground. Only at the Pressure Washing Station. Any violent
act to campground equipment will result in prosecution of the offender. Violation of the posted rules will result in
disciplinary action up to and including loss of camping privileges and camping fees. The campground property is
clearly marked and fenced. Anyone found outside the campground trespassing on adjoining property will result in
prosecution. Management reserves the right to refuse service to anyone and the right to assign camping sites and
parking. Any act that interferes with the enjoyment of others will terminate your stay with loss of camping fees.

By Law in the State of Indiana every tent, RV or custom van is deemed an RV-site. Laws of the State of Indiana and
Fountain County are posted in and around the campgrounds. Campgrounds are regulated by hotel/motel statues and
the manager has the right to evict without refunds. Sewer sleeves are required on full hookup sites. If you cut a
tree, we are entitled to collect TWICE the value of the tree.
Unread 06-17-2012, 03:58 PM   #187
kwasiak
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Photos were uploaded to the Snapfish account. Please check your individual email account for link to website and password. Tried to upload photos on this forum, but photo sizes are too large....
Unread 06-17-2012, 05:36 PM   #188
2kdsTj
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I would suggest that if its gonna be hot that someone brings one of thise "pop up tents" because there isn't a lick of shade at that campground... They do have one of those menards steel carports in the middle of the primitive area tho... We usually stay at Summers which is like 6 miles up the road, plenty of shade, swimming pool and bigger/more shower houses..
2kdsTj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2012, 08:34 AM   #189
ChitwnGrnJP
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff1918
Your sister hot??
ok, so my sister bailed on me for the Badlands trip. apparently she's more interested in a Sugarland concert than hanging out with jeepers. It looks like Nick (Nickc944) is going to tag along with me. He's thinking about buying new tires and rims for his JK after the tire blowout he had last Saturday...everyone encourage him! It's a good amount of money but worth it!
Unread 06-19-2012, 09:07 AM   #190
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

By early next week I will have 5 logos up for the club to discuss. I have my software issue addressed, now I want to go back and possibly use some of the photos you guys took and manipulate a Jeep or two to add to a couple of the designs. It all depends how they look when I get them into Photoshop. I have a couple of them selected though!

Sorry it has taken so long!

Patience is a virtue, thanks guys!!!!

Looked like a great trip, once I get locked and get my 33s on, I hope to come along and represent the Old YJs!
Jeff88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2012, 09:16 AM   #191
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChitwnGrnJP View Post
ok, so my sister bailed on me for the Badlands trip. apparently she's more interested in a Sugarland concert than hanging out with jeepers. It looks like Nick (Nickc944) is going to tag along with me. He's thinking about buying new tires and rims for his JK after the tire blowout he had last Saturday...everyone encourage him! It's a good amount of money but worth it!
What kind of tires is he thinking about?
Jeff88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2012, 01:12 PM   #192
nickc144

I have a few ideas in mind. I like the Goodyear duratracs.
nickc144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2012, 02:44 PM   #193
Griff1918
Web Wheeler
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I have duratrak on mine and love them
Griff1918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2012, 10:04 PM   #194
itsybitsy
1977 CJ5 

I have nothing but positive experiences with my BFG Mud Terrain KM2....drove with them to Ohio & back multiple times...rain - snow - mud...they are perfect for me
Unread 06-20-2012, 11:37 AM   #195
ChitwnGrnJP
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Ditto Itsy! I love my KM2's.

I broke down and renewed my Jeepforum subscription today. I haven't surfed around on here much in the past year until today. I'm once again blown away by how awesome so many rigs on here are. I guess if I still lived with my parents and didn't have student loans, though, mine would be just as nice.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.