The Jeep is done! After work today I got the lower control arm bolts tightened back up (which was a pain because I mangled one up with a hammer trying to remove it). Then I put some fluid in the front diff, put on the tires and adjusted the steering. The end result is sooooo nice! The new bushings is the control arms fixed the pull to the left I was getting when I hit the brakes.
The ride is noticeably better too. there aren't any more knocks or rattles either...which I believe was coming from my tailpipe making contact with a shock, the rear bumper, and the loose joints in the control arms. The 4x4 still shifts smoothly even with the locker. I took it up a into a short offroad area in my parents neighborhood today to try the locker a bit. it seems to work just fine! I can tell its there when in 4x4 because it's a bit tougher to turn the wheel than before. No wheel spin at all when crawling up and around some gravel piles and over some waned out crevices in the ground.
All in all, I'm stoked that everything seems to look and function great. I can't wait for Saturday! Tomorrow's to-do list:
1) wash the jeep (yeah yeah, I know I'm just gonna get it dirty again)
2) pack a cooler
3) finish cleaning up the garage. woohoo!
| 3.5" RE Lift | 315/75R16 BFG KM2's | Dana 30 w/ Lockrite | Dana 44 | Metalcloak Front Bumper | Smittybilt Rocker Armor | Knockoff Warn Tire Carrier | Rokmen Shorty Corners |