Interested in jeep club in Shorewood, Joliet, Plainfield area! - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Illinois Jeep Forum > Interested in jeep club in Shorewood, Joliet, Plainfield area!

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 06-06-2012, 06:53 AM   #136
itsybitsy
1977 CJ5 

I reached out to Joseph Gutierrez, president of Twisted Offroaders 4x4 club for the event on the 23rd at the Badlands. He has yet to respond, however all the data I have is that this event is open to the public. Below is what he has posted:

"Our club will be hosting our 6th annual Bender Run at the Badlands Offroad Park in Attica, IN. on June 23rd 2012. The event is being held to promote safe and responsible offroading. The participants will challenge their trucks and themselves over a variety of trail conditions for 2 days. After the first day of trail rides, the participants will be treated to a cookout dinner, awards for the dirtiest truck, most damaged truck, and the most High tech truck judged by the clubs board of directors and concluding the evening events is the raffle. All of the proceeds will be donated to the Riley's Children Hospital."

As soon as I get more info I will pass it along. In the meantime, I will do a little more research on departure time & lodging for those planning on staying.

So far I am down for going to the Cliffs on the 16th.

itsybitsy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2012, 01:09 PM   #137
kwasiak
2005 TJ Wrangler 

To the Crossroads Jeep Club members, Aint a Barbie jeep has a friend that is making her some foot pegs, these are the ones that mount on the outside of the jeep. She asked if anyone else would like some? Everyone should have her E-mail address.
Unread 06-06-2012, 06:06 PM   #138
ChitwnGrnJP
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I posted these on TE Facebook page but realized not everyone is a member of that yet. so here goes...

the front suspension is almost completely pulled. I'm having trouble getting the bolts out that hold the lower control arms at the axle...they're bound up pretty good. the lower control arms are gettig new bushings and a coat of paint. the springs are getting some paint too while they're out.

rear bumper was pulled and is goin under the knife tomorrow. it's getting a proper 2" receiver tube and a place for chains to hook up. it's also getting all it's welds grinded out and redone for strength.

the rear crossmember got a fresh coat of paint too. I'm installing a lunchbox locker this weekend. anyone done it before? anyone want to help? let me know!

Dust
image-2799986086.jpg   image-2171524789.jpg   image-2224907257.jpg   image-1146081166.jpg  
Unread 06-06-2012, 06:39 PM   #139
xracer329
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwasiak View Post
To the Crossroads Jeep Club members, Aint a Barbie jeep has a friend that is making her some foot pegs, these are the ones that mount on the outside of the jeep. She asked if anyone else would like some? Everyone should have her E-mail address.
dont have her email,any idea on how much? very interested in something like this.
xracer329 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2012, 06:42 PM   #140
xracer329
2003 TJ Wrangler 

going to go to the cliffs,and guaranteed i want to go to badlands,so itsy post up the info when you get it.
Unread 06-07-2012, 04:45 AM   #141
torchd
1998 ZJ 

Would love to be a member... However I am little too far north of you guys and maybe 2 or 3 times a month I'm in plainfield.

Plus my Jeep is pretty much stock. 2" BB with 31" Duratracs.

But I do have some things I need to have put on

Front Tow Hooks
V8 TRE Swap (with all the necessary components to go along with it)
99+ Intake
"703" Injectors

[b][color=red]2002 Trans Am[/b][/color]
Cam, Full Exhaust, Stock Heads, Stock LS6 Intake and Stock 10 bolt with 3.42s
[b]420 RWHP and 382 RWHTQ[/b]
torchd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2012, 06:59 AM   #142
kwasiak
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xracer329 View Post
dont have her email,any idea on how much? very interested in something like this.
I'll PM you here address, the latest list has all the updated info.
Unread 06-07-2012, 09:39 PM   #143
bkorn2003
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchd View Post
Would love to be a member... However I am little too far north of you guys and maybe 2 or 3 times a month I'm in plainfield.

Plus my Jeep is pretty much stock. 2" BB with 31" Duratracs.

But I do have some things I need to have put on

Front Tow Hooks
V8 TRE Swap (with all the necessary components to go along with it)
99+ Intake
"703" Injectors
How far north are you? I'm in Bolingbrook and I think we have a couple other members a little farther north. Meetings are just a straight shot down Rt 59. And don't worry about the mods, everyone needs to start somewhere. Besides, most of the other jeeps in the club thus far aren't too far off from stock yet either. As long as you have a jeep, you'll fit right in.
bkorn2003 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2012, 09:41 PM   #144
bkorn2003
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry guys, I won't be able to make the trip to the cliffs next weekend. Really wanted to though, haven't had the Jeep off road all season yet Maybe next time.
bkorn2003 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2012, 09:49 PM   #145
torchd
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkorn2003 View Post
How far north are you? I'm in Bolingbrook and I think we have a couple other members a little farther north. Meetings are just a straight shot down Rt 59. And don't worry about the mods, everyone needs to start somewhere. Besides, most of the other jeeps in the club thus far aren't too far off from stock yet either. As long as you have a jeep, you'll fit right in.
Im in the Brookfield / LaGrange area

I really need to get these parts on haha

Unread 06-07-2012, 09:57 PM   #146
torchd
1998 ZJ 

I think I am the only full size vehicle too being in a ZJ

Unread 06-08-2012, 07:45 AM   #147
Ironhead
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchd View Post
Im in the Brookfield / LaGrange area

I really need to get these parts on haha
I'm in Westchester and there's atleast one other from Lyons. its all good, just finding good guys with similar interests and experience

Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2012, 11:41 PM   #148
jeffreybomb
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'm up in Des Plaines; wish this was closer! I don't think anything like this is going on up in this area. Congrats to you guys for putting a new group together and actually getting it to stick.
Unread 06-09-2012, 07:48 PM   #149
kwasiak
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Everyone is welcome to join us on our outings, On monday I'll send out a trail list that i thought i allready sent,the list is on the computer at work though.... so soon as i get there on monday i'll send it out. i'll also need a head count as to who is going to Cliffs this coming Saturday.
Unread 06-09-2012, 09:13 PM   #150
xracer329
2003 TJ Wrangler 

im in,gonna need to borrow a radio though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.