Interested in jeep club in Shorewood, Joliet, Plainfield area! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Illinois Jeep Forum > Interested in jeep club in Shorewood, Joliet, Plainfield area!

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?

Unread 03-15-2012, 07:29 AM   #1
kwasiak
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Interested in jeep club in Shorewood, Joliet, Plainfield area!

Thinking about starting a Jeep Club in Shorewood, Joliet, plainfield and surrounding areas. is anyone interested?

Unread 03-15-2012, 10:56 AM   #2
ChitwnGrnJP
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'm game! My buddy just picked up a JK and he lives in Bolingbrook. He may be interested too.
Unread 03-21-2012, 11:13 AM   #3
kwasiak
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thats it! no one else?
Unread 03-21-2012, 12:21 PM   #4
GPERSCREEPERS99

Already a lot of Jeep/4x4 clubs in the area. CORE, Terra, Great Lakes, Firewalkers, Mud Turtles, Jeeps Gone Wild etc

I am a board member of Terra Jeep Club...Club activity has died off over the years while the economy and gas prices have hurt. I was a Board Member from 04-08...kind of lost interest and now I am back on the board hoping to resurrect the club.
12 Grand Cherokee Wife's Daily Driver
GPERSCREEPERS99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2012, 05:46 PM   #5
bkorn2003
2003 TJ Wrangler 

No fees and I'm in.
bkorn2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2012, 06:42 AM   #6
kwasiak
2005 TJ Wrangler 

That's the thing, I don't want any Fees, I know some clubs you have put I so may hrs in before you’re an official member! I just want a club that people can get together and hang out, talk jeep stuff, set up outings and have fun!
Unread 03-23-2012, 07:15 AM   #7
GPERSCREEPERS99

Terra has never charged fees and once you sign up on the web and our webmaster approves it your a member. WE do this only to cut down on spammers. Terra will take donations to help offset cost of website but never any fees.

With that said we haven't been an really active club in recent years. I am hoping to change that. Our next "meeting" april 10th @ portillos @ 7pm in Batavia. Just gonna hang out eat a bit and talk Jeep If anyone is interested. We are a Jeep enthusiast club and have always been gear more to the novice. Not to say we don't hit the trails and I will run any trail in my TJ...its got the battle scars to prove it.
Unread 03-23-2012, 08:38 AM   #8
kwasiak
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I was interested in Terra a while back, i did notice that you had no fees, I did try to Email somone from the club but never heard back. but if the club went dormant, that would explain that. Batavia is 30 north of me, still a pretty good drive. I'll keep april 10 in mind, maybe I'll see you then.
Unread 03-23-2012, 11:59 AM   #9
GPERSCREEPERS99

The guy who started the club moved out of state and he will still "Own" the club and is starting to run a Wisconsin branch but I am trying to revive the original club. Clubs not totally dead we have a group going to the Badlands this weekend. We still have some active members its just that much of the leadership has lost interest over the years. Thats why I stepped recently and offered to run it.

I know 30 miles is kind of far but really you got to keep in mind you will see us mostly at Badlands or Cliffs anyway. THe meetings aren't really meetings its just a location for everyone to meet and eat something and hang out. We have members in Wisconsin, Illinois and Indiana. Terra is a Batavia based club. We've tried in the past to switch up meets to make it fair for everyone but we always have had the best turnouts when we stick to the hometown of the club and meet in the middle which is close to Batavia. So thats what I am sticking with now. FYI Its about a 15 mile ride for me.
Unread 03-23-2012, 04:48 PM   #10
xracer329
2003 TJ Wrangler 

id be interested if some other old peeps were involved,dont wanna be the only old man there
xracer329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2012, 05:54 AM   #11
itsybitsy
1977 CJ5 

Im in Plainfield and looking for Jeep Fanatics. I'm tied up all week with long hours but most weekends are free. Getting a Club started down here is a great idea.

Let's make it happen!
itsybitsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2012, 06:44 AM   #12
jd1969
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xracer329 View Post
id be interested if some other old peeps were involved,dont wanna be the only old man there
I'm from the same town, but not sure if I'm considered old. I'm 37 but feel a lot older due to my kids running me ragged all the time.
jd1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2012, 07:06 AM   #13
itsybitsy
1977 CJ5 

Hah...I'm days away from being 38. Plus, have 2 kids as well. Lets start shooting some ideas out. The first 2 weekends of the month are best for me being I usually do not work them. In addition, I'm typically off almost all Sundays.
itsybitsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2012, 07:27 AM   #14
jd1969
1999 WJ 

I'm off Sundays as well, soon Saturdays too. I have a few other friends with Jeeps, but I'm not sure if they are interested in a "club", but they will go wheeling anytime.
jd1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2012, 09:10 AM   #15
kwasiak
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsybitsy View Post
Hah...I'm days away from being 38. Plus, have 2 kids as well. Lets start shooting some ideas out. The first 2 weekends of the month are best for me being I usually do not work them. In addition, I'm typically off almost all Sundays.

38!! i was that 10 years ago!! We should get together somewhere and see how many people show up. see if we can get this ball rolling.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.