Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana Mod Party - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Illinois Jeep Forum > Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana Mod Party

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDRear Disc Brake Conversion Kit- TJ,YJ,XJSWAG 50 Cal Ammo Can Mount With M2A1 Can

Reply
Unread 02-18-2012, 12:44 AM   #1
Nickit1981
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Champaign, Illinois
Posts: 380
Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana Mod Party

Please reply in one of the threads here if you plan on attending. We want to get a rough head count to see how many people are coming.


Nickit1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2012, 01:32 PM   #2
Mojo51
Registered User
2012 WK 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 85
That's really cool of them to do that. I don't have mods planned but I'll try to stop by for sure.
Mojo51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2012, 02:48 PM   #3
Nickit1981
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Champaign, Illinois
Posts: 380
yep.. Kyle Wenzel is a buddy of mine that I pretty much wheel with every time I go. We have been talking about doing this for a long time. Most shops charge an arm and a leg to get any work done so we figured we would do this and see how good of a turn out we get. Lately it seems like the offroad community is getting even more segregated than normal and this is a first attempt to kind of change that. I dont have any difficult parts to put on.. but I'm treating it as more of a meet n greet kind of thing. It also is a good chance for people to see other peoples mods up close in case they are thinking of buying something soon.
Nickit1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2012, 01:13 PM   #4
Mojo51
Registered User
2012 WK 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 85
Having a brand new WK2 there not much out there yet for my truck. I'm headed to Moab in it in April. I'd to get some rock sliders installed. I'll see what's available my truck
Mojo51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2012, 02:30 PM   #5
Nickit1981
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Champaign, Illinois
Posts: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo51 View Post
Having a brand new WK2 there not much out there yet for my truck. I'm headed to Moab in it in April. I'd to get some rock sliders installed. I'll see what's available my truck
thats cool. Even if there isnt much on the market for ya.. there may be a couple guys there that have fabbed up their own sliders and skids.. at the very least you can maybe talk to them... and meet some local guys to wheel with.
Nickit1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2012, 07:23 PM   #6
lionseye
Registered User
2005 KJ Liberty 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Mundelein, IL
Posts: 25
(...deep breath...humbling moment here) Ok, I figure we all have to start somewhere so I'm hoping that y'all will take this in that spirit... I bought some new A-Arms for the KJ and have almost nil wrenching skills, but WANT to learn. If it's not totally out of line for me to ask, would any of you all be willing to help me/teach me? I won't be offended if you all say no since I'm still new to this forum. Either way, I look forward to meeting you all and checking out the Jeeps you all have built!
lionseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2012, 12:39 AM   #7
Nickit1981
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Champaign, Illinois
Posts: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionseye View Post
(...deep breath...humbling moment here) Ok, I figure we all have to start somewhere so I'm hoping that y'all will take this in that spirit... I bought some new A-Arms for the KJ and have almost nil wrenching skills, but WANT to learn. If it's not totally out of line for me to ask, would any of you all be willing to help me/teach me? I won't be offended if you all say no since I'm still new to this forum. Either way, I look forward to meeting you all and checking out the Jeeps you all have built!
Thats the point of this party man. So everyone learns.. makes some new wheeling buddies... If you have them already.. theres a good possibility we could get them put on at the party. I am not sure how long that would take.. but as of right now we are at like 12 or 13 jeeps going to be there. Obviously we wont be working on all the jeeps at once.. so your looking at 3 to 4 bodies on a vehicle at one time.. we should be able to fly through stuff.
Nickit1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2012, 05:21 PM   #8
lionseye
Registered User
2005 KJ Liberty 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Mundelein, IL
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickit1981 View Post
Thats the point of this party man. So everyone learns.. makes some new wheeling buddies... If you have them already.. theres a good possibility we could get them put on at the party. I am not sure how long that would take.. but as of right now we are at like 12 or 13 jeeps going to be there. Obviously we wont be working on all the jeeps at once.. so your looking at 3 to 4 bodies on a vehicle at one time.. we should be able to fly through stuff.
Right on. See you all on the 3rd.
lionseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2012, 12:34 PM   #9
Nickit1981
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Champaign, Illinois
Posts: 380
Bump... less than a week away.
Nickit1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 04:56 PM   #10
Mojo51
Registered User
2012 WK 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 85
Looks like I'm stuck working until 4. I'll never make it up there in time.
Mojo51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 05:35 PM   #11
Nickit1981
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Champaign, Illinois
Posts: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo51 View Post
Looks like I'm stuck working until 4. I'll never make it up there in time.
If you leave work right at 4 you could prolly make the last hour or so. Then at 6 is when we are going for pizza and beer at a place called Anastashias in Waukegan. Then there are some of us going out bar hoping afterwards if you were up for it. Youd still have plenty of time to come hang out at least and meet some people to wheel with.
Nickit1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2012, 02:35 PM   #12
Ekia
Registered User
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Waukegan, IL
Posts: 1
I'd like to swing by. I've got a new stock JK and no plans for it yet, but I'd like to meet people who know more of what they're doing and get some ideas.
Ekia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2012, 02:48 PM   #13
1999TJRED85000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 611
I'm gonna try to swing by if I get back in town early enough. I also have some extra parts I can donate that are lying around that I'll throw in a box and bring if anyone needs them ... and extra set of 1999 TJ mirrors, a full set of stock lug nuts, the housing and mainshaft - parts left over from when I added my SYE, my old driveshaft, and maybe a Teraflex spare tire extension bracket. They've all been sitting in a box with no activity on Craigslist. lol If anyone needs them, let me know.
__________________
F U
1999TJRED85000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2012, 05:40 PM   #14
Nickit1981
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Champaign, Illinois
Posts: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999TJRED85000 View Post
I'm gonna try to swing by if I get back in town early enough. I also have some extra parts I can donate that are lying around that I'll throw in a box and bring if anyone needs them ... and extra set of 1999 TJ mirrors, a full set of stock lug nuts, the housing and mainshaft - parts left over from when I added my SYE, my old driveshaft, and maybe a Teraflex spare tire extension bracket. They've all been sitting in a box with no activity on Craigslist. lol If anyone needs them, let me know.
Thats nice of you to offer parts. if you feel like bringing them.. go for it. I was going to bring some parts I have for sale but I am going to be struggling for room seeing I have to do a little moving as well so I am just going to make a list and if anyone wants some of it we can make arrangements for a later date.
Nickit1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2012, 05:54 PM   #15
Nickit1981
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Champaign, Illinois
Posts: 380
so right now it looks like 14 Jeeps will be there.. not including the maybes or the couple people I may have forgot.. should be a good turn out.
Nickit1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.