Help in Central Illinois? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Illinois Jeep Forum > Help in Central Illinois?

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-07-2010, 09:46 PM   #1
jrbrannan
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Help in Central Illinois?

Hey all,
I bought a 04 Rubicon recently and I am trying to track downa shimmy that I have at low speeds.
1st I noticed that the rear and front axles were not lined up with the axle, the rear was 8 degrees off, and the front was 6. They are now plus or minus 1 each. It is better but not fixed.
2nd I thought it may have been the front drive shaft because it has a ding in it. I disconnected it and still the shimmy was there.
I THINK it is the long arm bushing that need to be replaced. The problem is that the long arm kit is from FULL TRACTION and it requires taking off the entire skid plate (I think) in order to replace all the bushings. This is a bit more than I want to chew myself.

Any way someone would want to help, I pay all the beverages you want plus a bit of cash. I am a full time grad student and a dad of a 1 year old so I can not throw a ton of cash around but I will make it worth your while. Please someone with a little time I need help, do not mind traveling up to an hour if needed.

THANKS
JOE

jrbrannan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2010, 11:20 AM   #2
jrbrannan
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone?
jrbrannan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2010, 10:13 AM   #3
King520
2003 WJ 

I live in Peoria, and have yet to find a Jeep guy. Got towed by a flatbed after trans problems, and started chatting with the guy about Jeeps. His buddy works at Uftring in East Peoria and I guess does some stuff on the side at his house. I have been kicking myself for not getting his contact info. My uncle knows some guys there so Im going to see if I can work my way in to find this guy. I will let you know in the mean time if I meet anybody around here that works on Jeeps....only people around here are women and suit wearers in Wranglers. I laughed the other day because I was on my way to work on mine when I passed a guy in a suit driving his lifted and spotless JK down the interstate.
King520 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2010, 04:35 PM   #4
Seabastion
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I live in the middle of bolth of you, Id love to help but alas I work till next week.
Unread 09-01-2010, 08:15 PM   #5
sparkyB34
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Scott's automotive in bartonville. he does alot of my work and love to work on jeeps.
sparkyB34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2010, 06:45 PM   #6
TSEJEEPERS
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I can not promise you anyone to work on your Jeep but there are other Jeepers in your area.
Check out Mid-Illini Jeep Club

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.