Great lakes "thundersnow" run @ the cliffs 2/5/2011 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Illinois Jeep Forum > Great lakes "thundersnow" run @ the cliffs 2/5/2011

CurrieSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 02-01-2011, 11:39 AM   #1
B2CARPEN
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

"thundersnow" run @ the cliffs 2/5/2011

Hey all you Great Lakes wheelers...

Yes I did say "THUNDER SNOW" in the thread title but it's no joke, here's what the weather advisory says for our area...

* THUNDERSTORMS... ISOLATED SNOW PRODUCING THUNDERSTORMS ARE EXPECTED TO DEVELOP TONIGHT... RESULTING IN LOCALLY VERY INTENSE SNOWFALL RATES. IT IS NOT UNCOMMON TO SEE SNOWFALL RATES IN EXCESS OF 4 INCHES PER HOUR IN THUNDERSNOW MAKING TRAVEL NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE.

* ACCUMULATIONS... SNOW WILL BE HEAVY AT TIMES WITH ACCUMULATION RATES OF 1 TO 2 INCHES PER HOUR LIKELY. STORM TOTAL SNOWFALL OF 10 TO 18 INCHES IS LIKELY TOWARD ROCKFORD AND DIXON. THE HEAVIEST SNOWFALL TOTALS ARE LIKELY DOWNWIND OF LAKE MICHIGAN IN THE CHICAGO METROPOLITAN AREA INTO NORTHWEST INDIANA WHERE 12 TO 20 INCHES OF SNOW IS LIKELY... WITH ISOLATED AMOUNTS OF AROUND 2 FEET POSSIBLE.

So what does this mean for us?? It means that we should take advantage of this incredible snowfall and do some wheeling this Saturday at the Cliffs Insane Terrain Park! I will definitely be there and I can guarentee it will be a badass time!! Who else is down for some THUNDERSNOW action?!?!

IndyORV
B2CARPEN is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2011, 11:53 AM   #2
RescuedJK
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Dude! I wanna go! But my buddy john (he was with me at the cliffs) and I are going xj hunting
Unread 02-01-2011, 11:57 AM   #3
B2CARPEN
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Dude Pete! You are gonna miss out on an amazing time man!! XJs will always be there but this amount of fresh snowfall won't be... you guys should come out wheeling this Saturday and search for XJs Sunday or next weekend

It was great wheeling with you last time and it would be fun to wheel together again.

IndyORV
Unread 02-01-2011, 02:55 PM   #4
B2CARPEN
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

BUMP!!

UPDATE: The **** has hit the fan out here!! Complete white out and blizzard conditions and it's only just the begining! I'm excited, I hope we get majorly dumped on! It's only gonna get worse and will last until Wed afternoon. Anyone else excited about this??

IndyORV
Unread 02-01-2011, 03:25 PM   #5
RescuedJK
2001 XJ Cherokee 

yeah we totally would but...he is selling his tj on saturday morning and doesn't have a 4x4 to get to work in...he has a really nice s2000 for the nice weather...but he is screwed when it comes to winter...so its gotta be on saturday! We found some really decent xj's out there and he now has the bug from when he went wheeling with us
Unread 02-04-2011, 04:14 PM   #6
B2CARPEN
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Bump - Anyone going to be there?

IndyORV
Unread 02-05-2011, 08:46 PM   #7
supersport126
1984 CJ7 

I hope you post some pics
supersport126 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2011, 10:58 AM   #8
B2CARPEN
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Well, I ended up not going since all of my "hardcore" wheeling buddies bailed because it might be too much snow and we'll just be stuck the entire time. I also believed this would prob end up happening, and with all the snow removal this week it was nice to just lay around and relax.

I will be heading out there soon, after all the rigs on 40s have cleared some of the trails lol. I will def post pics afterward.

IndyORV

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.