Go topless day - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Illinois Jeep Forum > Go topless day

Free Flowmaster Gear from Black Friday to Cyber Monday!!!!FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueCorbeau Seats & Harness from CCOR!

Unread 05-22-2012, 04:23 PM   #46
jlaudio_jeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Well I've only lived in this area for 3 years. I live in Blue Ridge. That is pretty much just a grain elevator that is no longer in operation, 2 houses, and railroad tracks north of Mansfield. I don't go through Farmer City all that often and I work nights. We just bought a house in Bloomington so ill be gone before July. I go through Farmer City to pick up my friends son and to buy Caseys pizza. That's about it.

jlaudio_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2012, 06:07 PM   #47
StealthItself
2004 TJ Wrangler 

There's going to be another actual Jeeper in Bloomington? It's about time!
Unread 05-22-2012, 06:11 PM   #48
jlaudio_jeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Yes sir! JUST bought a house in Bloomington on East Emerson. We will be moving shortly. We still have to build a decent garage.
Unread 05-22-2012, 06:16 PM   #49
StealthItself
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Tell me about it! I'm in an apartment with a rented 1-car garage, it is packed to the gills with parts and tools and the bike and junk. Saving up for a house but it's slow going!
Unread 05-22-2012, 06:20 PM   #50
jlaudio_jeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthItself
Tell me about it! I'm in an apartment with a rented 1-car garage, it is packed to the gills with parts and tools and the bike and junk. Saving up for a house but it's slow going!
Well, we have 4 people going in on this house. I am taking the apartment in the basement and they are sharing the upstairs.
Unread 05-22-2012, 06:59 PM   #51
StealthItself
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Ah well that would certainly make it bearable
Unread 05-22-2012, 07:12 PM   #52
jlaudio_jeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthItself
Ah well that would certainly make it bearable
With the way things are going in the world I'm sure a lot more people will be sharing houses. I get a full apartment but they have to share a kitchen upstairs. It's going to be nice to be in town but I hate that I'm moving 30 miles further away from Badlands. I get to design and build my own garage though so that will be nice. I'm thinking a 3 1/2 car garage with 3 separate doors and a lift in it. The lift will come later but I need to plan the garage so it will fit one. I will only get one bay, the extra 1/2, and the lift. The other 2 bays will go to the other people in the house. I get the old 1 car garage though. I will probably park my Jeep in that one. It will be 1-2 years before its completely done and has a lift in it but it will be worth the wait.
Unread 05-22-2012, 07:31 PM   #53
StealthItself
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah its a lousy drive to the Badlands from here, but it will be so freaking sweet to have your own lift in the garage! Totally worth it.
Unread 05-22-2012, 07:50 PM   #54
jlaudio_jeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I agree! It's only going to be one of those $1,400 lifts but it will be the best thing ever to me! I don't have any vehicles that are over its lift limit so I should be fine. I might just build a 3 car to save some yard space. If I pay for most of it I'm sure I could get 2 bays and let them have the old garage. Then the new garage would be for the Jeep and the classics. I like that idea. I will miss the extra space though.
Unread 05-22-2012, 07:55 PM   #55
jlaudio_jeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

At first I was wanting this but a little taller to accommodate a lift.
http://www.menards.com/main/mobile/p...443-c-9891.htm

Then maybe this one to save some yard space. Again it will be taller to accommodate a lift.
http://www.menards.com/main/mobile/p...447-c-9891.htm
Unread 05-22-2012, 10:44 PM   #56
turpehar
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlaudio_jeep View Post
Well I've only lived in this area for 3 years. I live in Blue Ridge. That is pretty much just a grain elevator that is no longer in operation, 2 houses, and railroad tracks north of Mansfield. I don't go through Farmer City all that often and I work nights. We just bought a house in Bloomington so ill be gone before July. I go through Farmer City to pick up my friends son and to buy Caseys pizza. That's about it.
I ran that grain elevator from 84-87. I know it well. If you go south from Casey's one mile, then turn right at the cemetary, then go two miles, I'm the first house on the left after the two 90 degree turns.. Just look for a bunch of Jeeps sitting around.

(Trial + error)*Upgrades) - $ = (mac-n-cheese/hot dogs)+experience

https://www.facebook.com/CentralILOffRoad

http://centraliloffroad.com/
turpehar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2012, 12:37 AM   #57
jlaudio_jeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by turpehar

I ran that grain elevator from 84-87. I know it well. If you go south from Casey's one mile, then turn right at the cemetary, then go two miles, I'm the first house on the left after the two 90 degree turns.. Just look for a bunch of Jeeps sitting around.
Nice! I was born in 85. haha! I love the little elevator they had in there. It's a wood platform just big enough for a person with a rope and pulleys to pull yourself up. I wish it still worked! I would love to see what it looks like up there!
Unread 05-23-2012, 09:29 PM   #58
Nickit1981
2007 JK Wrangler 

see.. theres all kinds of central, illinois jeepers.
Nickit1981 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2012, 01:04 PM   #59
MarkC73

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Speaking of Central Illinois Jeepers.......... Had a chance to do some edit work on photos and such from the Badlands trip on Topless Day....anyone???
Sienna Jeep Club: Member #70
MarkC73 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2012, 01:06 PM   #60
jlaudio_jeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I already posted mine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.