GLJT Newbie Run 2011 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Illinois Jeep Forum > GLJT Newbie Run 2011

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 03-07-2011, 06:56 PM   #1
kkuntz01
2012 JK Wrangler 

GLJT Newbie Run 2011

It's no surprise that it's a new year, with a new year comes newbies, and with newbies comes a GLJT Newbie Run! :bounce:

This years Newbie run will be held Saturday, May 7th at the Badlands in Attica, IN. If you have just bought a Jeep or have been wheeling for years, this is an event for you. The Newbie Run is where the members of GLJT set aside a day to teach anyone new to the sport preparation before wheeling, techniques of wheeling, wheeling habits to best avoid damage or rolls, and recovery strategies for if/when it happens.

We will be meeting at the McDonald's off I394 (1350 E Steger Rd, Crete, IL, 60417), at roughly 6:30am. If you are uncertain you are going to see it, once you are heading South on 394, take a right at the 2nd light. Leaving McDonald's at 7am to convoy to the Badlands. We will be arriving at the park roughly at 10am EST. Be prepared for instruction to last until lunchtime depending on questions and such.

Before this run, please make sure your vehicle is up to the requirements listed Here.

If you have any questions/comments/concerns please feel free to post up. We would love to see everyone there, and can try to make time in our schedules to lend a hand before hand.

Unread 03-07-2011, 07:41 PM   #2
kbarwall
1985 CJ7 

I would probably be down that weekend...im going in april as well but I will be to head another weekend to test my off-road trailer for my senior design project..
kbarwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2011, 07:57 PM   #3
johncsmith711
1997 ZJ 

I'm going in April for the first time, if all goes well maybe I could make this one too. I'm pretty new to wheeling in groups so no CB yet. Do the have any hand held CB radios? Thats about all I'm missing from you list of must have's
Unread 03-08-2011, 01:27 PM   #4
kkuntz01
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncsmith711 View Post
Do the have any hand held CB radios? Thats about all I'm missing from you list of must have's
Unfortunately we do not have HH CB's to provide those who do not have them.

Though we strongly recommend having a CB for any trail ride, for newbie run we don't make it a requirement.

Hope to see you out there.
Unread 03-11-2011, 10:25 AM   #5
kkuntz01
2012 JK Wrangler 

Correction.

Updated with correct date.
Unread 03-11-2011, 01:09 PM   #6
johncsmith711
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkuntz01 View Post
Unfortunately we do not have HH CB's to provide those who do not have them.

Though we strongly recommend having a CB for any trail ride, for newbie run we don't make it a requirement.

Hope to see you out there.
I was asking more like is their a HH model I can buy. Not really wanting to mount a cb unit in my zj? And if so any one have any good info on witch brand/model?
Unread 03-11-2011, 05:32 PM   #7
kkuntz01
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncsmith711 View Post
I was asking more like is their a HH model I can buy. Not really wanting to mount a cb unit in my zj? And if so any one have any good info on witch brand/model?
Sorry, I misinterpreted what you were asking.

You can pick up a HH from most Radio Shacks maybe possibly Walmart. Cobra has a few HH models, though you'll have to scout around for them.
Unread 05-05-2011, 09:46 PM   #8
mylilyj

this sat woo hoo

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.