Driveshaft Shop? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Illinois Jeep Forum > Driveshaft Shop?

Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank SkidTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 12-02-2012, 07:06 PM   #1
zarnold
1998 ZJ 

Driveshaft Shop?

Has anybody done work with Midwest Driveshaft?

http://www.mdsdriveshaft.com/index.htm

zarnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2012, 06:06 AM   #2
TheHeilis
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I use Surge Friction in South Holland Ill. They been there since the 1950's and have a good reputation. Not sure on Midwest but I'm sure they aren't bad.
White Jeep Club Member #117
TheHeilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 06:14 AM   #3
Rugby_3
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Head down to Villa Park at Surburban Driveline. Great shop and are very knowledgeable.
Rugby_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2012, 10:36 AM   #4
BRay

I use Midwest driveshaft regularly for vehicles and equipment at work mostly because its convenient with then being 2 miles down the road.
Another shop I have used a lot over the years is Drivetrain Service in Bensenville IL. These guys are great and are my first choice but not easy to get to for me being I'm to the west and hate driving in the Jungle. (Jungle = city area)
BRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2012, 08:26 AM   #5
zarnold
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRay
I use Midwest driveshaft regularly for vehicles and equipment at work mostly because its convenient with then being 2 miles down the road.
Another shop I have used a lot over the years is Drivetrain Service in Bensenville IL. These guys are great and are my first choice but not easy to get to for me being I'm to the west and hate driving in the Jungle. (Jungle = city area)
Thanks for the info.

I ended up going to Suburban Driveline. They did a excellent job and are open on Saturday.
Unread 01-29-2013, 08:31 PM   #6
1990JPYJ
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarnold View Post
Thanks for the info.

I ended up going to Suburban Driveline. They did a excellent job and are open on Saturday.

What did you get done? I use them for some bearings that I use a work that need to get pressed in or pulled. Good guys.
Unread 01-29-2013, 09:25 PM   #7
zarnold
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990JPYJ

What did you get done? I use them for some bearings that I use a work that need to get pressed in or pulled. Good guys.
I swapped a 242 TC in for my 249, so I needed the driveshaft shortened. They cut and balanced it, did a great job, all on a Saturday morning.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.