Driveshaft rebuild... - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Illinois Jeep Forum > Driveshaft rebuild...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Reply
Unread 09-20-2011, 07:47 AM   #1
CHI JPR
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sweet Home Chicago
Posts: 262
Driveshaft rebuild...

Looking for a place in the Chicagoland area, (more specifically the western burbs, just outside of Chicago), to rebuild my Tom Woods CV shaft.

I know Suburban driveline, and they quoted me close to $325, and that just seemed really high.

Any chitown Jeepers out there know of another place that you would recommend?

Thanks!

CHI JPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2011, 06:02 PM   #2
Nickit1981
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Champaign, Illinois
Posts: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHI JPR View Post
Looking for a place in the Chicagoland area, (more specifically the western burbs, just outside of Chicago), to rebuild my Tom Woods CV shaft.

I know Suburban driveline, and they quoted me close to $325, and that just seemed really high.

Any chitown Jeepers out there know of another place that you would recommend?

Thanks!
doesnt a new woods drive shaft only run about 350? also.. dont woods shafts have a lifetime warranty? Have you talked to Tom about sending it in to him? a buddy of mine sent his off to get rebuilt and had it back like 3 days later.
Nickit1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2011, 07:14 PM   #3
CHI JPR
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sweet Home Chicago
Posts: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickit1981 View Post
doesnt a new woods drive shaft only run about 350? also.. dont woods shafts have a lifetime warranty? Have you talked to Tom about sending it in to him? a buddy of mine sent his off to get rebuilt and had it back like 3 days later.
I was thinking about that.... If I do get it rebuilt around here, they will use Spicer ujoints and NOT TW gold seal ujoints, which will effectively void the lifetime warranty. I'm going to call TW tomorrow. Thanks Nickit.
CHI JPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2011, 04:06 PM   #4
Nickit1981
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Champaign, Illinois
Posts: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHI JPR View Post
I was thinking about that.... If I do get it rebuilt around here, they will use Spicer ujoints and NOT TW gold seal ujoints, which will effectively void the lifetime warranty. I'm going to call TW tomorrow. Thanks Nickit.
I think Tom will rebuild the shaft with spicer joints if you request it.
Nickit1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.