The Cliffs Difficulty? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Illinois Jeep Forum > The Cliffs Difficulty?

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 06-08-2009, 10:27 AM   #1
Ryan2003TJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

The Cliffs Difficulty?

I haven't been to The Cliffs in Marseilles Illinois yet but I'd like to check it out since its only 70 miles from me. How crazy are the trails there? Would I be ok in a TJ with a 2" BDS lift and 31" Destination A/T tires and open diffs? How about my buddy's stock Ranger FX4? He's on the stock 31" BFG A/Ts and I think he has a rear posi.

Ryan2003TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2009, 10:32 AM   #2
carenza
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Talking

I really dont think your going to have an issue at all. Just stay out of the deep stuff. Plus when its really muddy there its actually quite easy... When its dryer there everything can be a challenge...

Id be willing to trip out there with you both if you going soon. I haven't gone in awhile. Im right in naperville
carenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2009, 11:24 AM   #3
Ryan2003TJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the info. I may go this weekend, Ill let you know if I do. What makes it more difficult there when it's dry?
Ryan2003TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2009, 06:04 AM   #4
Brook
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Tj

I've been curious about the Cliffs also, we might be able to join you depending on when you guys go.
Brook is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2009, 10:31 AM   #5
snwchris

Depending on what trails you run, when it's muddy (which is most of the time) it can make things interesting. I've only been there once when it was dry and most of the trails were pretty easy then.

Some of the trails are tight & technical as well and the trail map is kindof hard to read & follow.

Chris
snwchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2009, 09:11 PM   #6
zuki-ron
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by carenza View Post
Just stay out of the deep stuff. Plus when its really muddy there its actually quite easy... When its dryer there everything can be a challenge...
Maybe take that and flip it around.

When the Cliffs is dry, I find it to be a hoot.

When it's muddy though, those hills can be quite the challenge, and the muddy areas are getting deeper.

-Ron
Unread 06-14-2009, 11:28 AM   #7
AuroraJeep
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuki-ron View Post
Maybe take that and flip it around.

When the Cliffs is dry, I find it to be a hoot.

When it's muddy though, those hills can be quite the challenge, and the muddy areas are getting deeper.

-Ron
Second that, when it's really muddy its close to impossible to get out of the ruts .

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.