The Cliffs 3/24/12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Illinois Jeep Forum > The Cliffs 3/24/12

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 03-23-2012, 12:42 PM   #1
Wood82ABN
2010 JK Wrangler 

Jk The Cliffs 3/24/12

I am heading to The Cliffs tomorrow, saturday 3/24/12. Kind of a late notice but is anyone getting out there?

This is my first time getting off-road with my newly purchased, 2010 jkur. I plan on taking it fairly easy. I do not have a winch... I do not want to get stranded. If anyone is there and would like to take a "cruise," I will be there.

First time out!

Afghanistan 2003 - Iraq 2004
Wood82ABN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2012, 07:42 PM   #2
yobub
2012 JK Wrangler 

How was it? I have a brand new 2012 JKUR, but decided not to go because i thought it might be too wet. I dont have a winch yet, and im new to offroading, so i thought i might wait for it to dry up. Maybe next weekend!
yobub is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2012, 09:33 PM   #3
Nickit1981
2007 JK Wrangler 

me and some guys will prolly be at the cliffs the 14th of next month if you guys are interested.. then on the 19th of May its national go topless day at the badlands.. have a big after party in champaign, Il if youre interested..
Nickit1981 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2012, 03:49 PM   #4
1murderedjeep
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yobub
How was it? I have a brand new 2012 JKUR, but decided not to go because i thought it might be too wet. I dont have a winch yet, and im new to offroading, so i thought i might wait for it to dry up. Maybe next weekend!
He didn't go and the reason I know was because he was going to join up with me and my group. Btw it wasn't to muddy there however the main trail wasn't smoothed out. But the stock yj that went with us did just fine. And nick I'm down to go the 14th I can probably get two other jeeps to join in on the fun to. I want redemption on this hole. haha
image-3179404148.jpg   image-1484631292.jpg  
1murderedjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2012, 05:10 PM   #5
Wood82ABN
2010 JK Wrangler 

Yeah, I did not end up going. My wife actually got a call from a friend of hers, whos husband has been to the Cliffs, and told her war stories of them banging up their jeep. Wife wasn't having any of that with our jeep since it is my daily driver... *damn friends!* I am going to try and plan something out when it dries out a little bit...
Afghanistan 2003 - Iraq 2004
Wood82ABN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2012, 06:02 PM   #6
1murderedjeep
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood82ABN
Yeah, I did not end up going. My wife actually got a call from a friend of hers, whos husband has been to the Cliffs, and told her war stories of them banging up their jeep. Wife wasn't having any of that with our jeep since it is my daily driver... *damn friends!* I am going to try and plan something out when it dries out a little bit...
Dude I'm not going to lie to you it was pretty dry last time I went maybe the driest I have ever seen, but the cliffs are always sloppy. However you don't even need a steering wheel there. The jeeps wheel base stays in the ruts and keeps you away from the trees. Good luck man
1murderedjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.