Cliffs - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Illinois Jeep Forum > Cliffs

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Reply
Unread 03-05-2013, 12:55 AM   #1
scott90wrangler
Registered User
1990  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: elpaso, il
Posts: 23
Cliffs

Any one going to cliffs july 12 -15 for the jeep thing 2 ?

scott90wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 02:44 AM   #2
nickcee47
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: oaklawn, illinois
Posts: 43
I wanted to go but wasn't it like pretty pricey? Where is the link again?
__________________
Some of the best parking spots are only obtainable by jeeps.
nickcee47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 01:30 AM   #3
scott90wrangler
Registered User
1990  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: elpaso, il
Posts: 23
i got mine off face book
scott90wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 04:54 PM   #4
RevZJ
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Larkspur, CA
Posts: 41
How are the Cliffs???? I hope to beat up my ZJ when I move back there.
__________________
MECP Advanced
RevZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 10:16 PM   #5
2kdsTj
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Marseilles, Il
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevZJ
How are the Cliffs???? I hope to beat up my ZJ when I move back there.
The Cliffs is fine, it gets a bad rap from time to time but as long as you hook up with someone who knows the park to keep you out of trouble until you learn the park it's a great place to wheel.
2kdsTj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2013, 09:57 PM   #6
peter7675
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: addison, il
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kdsTj View Post
The Cliffs is fine, it gets a bad rap from time to time but as long as you hook up with someone who knows the park to keep you out of trouble until you learn the park it's a great place to wheel.
its not that the place gets a bad rap from time to time its that the place gets old quick for people in this area. this is the only park that is within an hour or two from the chicagoland area and its a small park. most of us dont have much of a choice considering its not practical to drive 5 hrs to get to the badlands, etc..

as far as the jeep thing going on its way too much money for this park. i was just there and it took three+ hours to get around trail one. this is because half the trails are so poorly maintained that most stock rigs will get stuck every 100-200 yards. if its not a rig getting stuck from your group its the group ahead of you that you are waiting for, etc... park is poorly maintained for jeeps. might be good for quads as most the trails are that narrow. again this is due to crappy maintenance, ruts get too deep, trees only get trimmed back by your rig and the slimy clay is always a blast to wash off the next day... best of all they raised their prices this year too because they got a new dozer to maintain the trails with... however that dozer is not even operational. go figure... this place would get a good rap if they actually cared about jeeps half as much as they do for their quad business. i have a couple of friends with jk's and they will not go there anymore due to the un necessary amount of scratches your rig will get there. i get that off roading you risk that sort of stuff however within reason... owning a park does require a bit more maintenance, instead of the owners son playing world of warcraft in the office... driving down a trail and worrying about branches hitting you in the face is not the way it should be...

Last edited by peter7675; 05-27-2013 at 10:56 AM.. Reason: tiepows
peter7675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2013, 03:29 PM   #7
Rubicon06TJ
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: arlington heights, IL
Posts: 40
yeah I was just there sunday. Trail one took us 2 hours to get thru everyone kept getting stuck from our group and everyone around us too. That is suppose to be for stock jeeps too
Rubicon06TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2013, 10:39 AM   #8
peter7675
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: addison, il
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon06TJ View Post
yeah I was just there sunday. Trail one took us 2 hours to get thru everyone kept getting stuck from our group and everyone around us too. That is suppose to be for stock jeeps too
that is just it.. when you spend 95% of your time recovering it takes away from enjoying your time actually wheeling. lack of maintenance at this park has been the biggest complaint. dont get me wrong i enjoy a challenge here and there but it gets crazy there spending almost all your time waiting for your party or the one in front of you to finish up a recovery.
peter7675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2013, 06:54 PM   #9
Rubicon06TJ
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: arlington heights, IL
Posts: 40
Yeah exactly trail 1 was just a huge mess didnt even bother with any other trails
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter7675 View Post
that is just it.. when you spend 95% of your time recovering it takes away from enjoying your time actually wheeling. lack of maintenance at this park hasbeen the biggest complaint. dont get me wrong i enjoy a challenge here and there but it gets crazy there spending almost all your time waiting for your party or the one in front of you to finish up a recovery.
Rubicon06TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2013, 09:05 PM   #10
2kdsTj
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Marseilles, Il
Posts: 35
Well I was there Sunday too, spent all day runnin inner trails, trail 3, 13,2 and 6..and spent most of that time cutting back overhang on the trails.. Trail 1 was grated with the dozer 3 times up by the power lines but when you get 4+ inches of rain one week and then 2 inches a week for the last month its kinda hard for them to get the dozer back on it.... Add to the fact that everyone stays on trail 1 on the east side of the park and it doesn't stand a chance.

For the last 3 weekends a group of us (CORE) have been cutting open some of the existing trails so people will/can get off trail 1 and see more of the park.. 2 weekends ago we were on 2 and 6 for 5 hours and in that entire time we seen zero jeeps...

There is a lot of that place that people don't venture out to see, we want to change that..trying to make/mark/color the trails/routes (and rate them for difficulty) so people have a better experience..
2kdsTj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2013, 09:51 AM   #11
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?
 
Tanimal's Avatar
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bartlett, IL
Posts: 1,450
I'll be there as a trial guide.
__________________
-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY JK BUILD THREAD-=-

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2013, 05:06 PM   #12
2kdsTj
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Marseilles, Il
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanimal
I'll be there as a trial guide.
(?) P.M. me since I am the coordinator for the guides and don't know who you are.
2kdsTj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2013, 05:45 PM   #13
alc60560
Registered User
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: IL
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kdsTj View Post
Well I was there Sunday too, spent all day runnin inner trails, trail 3, 13,2 and 6..and spent most of that time cutting back overhang on the trails.. Trail 1 was grated with the dozer 3 times up by the power lines but when you get 4+ inches of rain one week and then 2 inches a week for the last month its kinda hard for them to get the dozer back on it.... Add to the fact that everyone stays on trail 1 on the east side of the park and it doesn't stand a chance.

For the last 3 weekends a group of us (CORE) have been cutting open some of the existing trails so people will/can get off trail 1 and see more of the park.. 2 weekends ago we were on 2 and 6 for 5 hours and in that entire time we seen zero jeeps...

There is a lot of that place that people don't venture out to see, we want to change that..trying to make/mark/color the trails/routes (and rate them for difficulty) so people have a better experience..
And you are doing a great job also. By the way got my junk fixed again
alc60560 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2013, 08:20 PM   #14
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?
 
Tanimal's Avatar
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bartlett, IL
Posts: 1,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kdsTj View Post
(?) P.M. me since I am the coordinator for the guides and don't know who you are.
PMed and I'm in group 2 with Nick, CB channel 2, Orange trail in the morning and Red trail at night. You've been sending me emails so you must know who I am on the interwebz.
__________________
-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY JK BUILD THREAD-=-

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2013, 08:54 PM   #15
Filthy-Beast
Web Wheeler
 
Filthy-Beast's Avatar
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Palatine, IL
Posts: 2,334
I registered for the event, looking forward to it. As stated venture off of trail 1.
__________________
13 JKUR Build thread

For Sale: 2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks

97 TJ: daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
98 TJ: Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
06 LJ Rubicon: mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
13 JKU Rubicon: Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.