Chicago off-road? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Illinois Jeep Forum > Chicago off-road?

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Poison Spyder DeFenders™ - "Tubeless" Jeep FendeSanta Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!

Unread 06-28-2011, 10:04 AM   #1
mmini1990
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Chicago off-road?

im near chicago, (park ridge), and am looking for a place to go other then the cliffs or bad lands. is there such a place? preferably legal please. i cant even find any place over in wisc. thats relatively close 1-3 hours. also if anyones near me feel free to pm

mmini1990 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2011, 10:05 AM   #2
KillaBeave
2013 JK Wrangler 

Silver Lake Sand Dunes in Michigan?
Unread 06-28-2011, 10:07 AM   #3
mmini1990
2003 TJ Wrangler 

ill check it out thanks
Unread 06-28-2011, 04:25 PM   #4
ChicagoRod
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Silver Lake is a blast to play on and to watch. Bring the family and picnic next to your Jeep on the beach. I went last summer and can't wait to go back. 4 hour drive from Chicago.

It's the Jeepforum, you WILL understand or someone will help you!

Does your gas tank overflow at the pump? [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/have-fuel-spill-problems-like-many-us-submit-complaint-force-recall-974337/"]SUBMIT FORMAL COMPLAINT HERE! [/URL]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj-tech-boot-camp-must-read-new-tj-owners-forum-members-722109/"]New to the JeepForum? First TJ/LJ? Click here.[/URL]

[URL="https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Jeep-Wrangler-LJ-Unlimited/238153862870221"]
FaceBook Page for LJ Owners[/URL]
ChicagoRod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2011, 04:41 PM   #5
mmini1990
2003 TJ Wrangler 

nice thanks guys sounds good!
Unread 06-30-2011, 02:48 AM   #6
juliana
1999 TJ Wrangler 

keep in mind that Silver Lake is just sand, there are no challenging trails, you just drive up and down the dunes making your jeep fly on occasion. it's fun at first, but can become boring real fast! lol
juliana is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2011, 04:36 PM   #7
SecondTJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Silver Lake is a good time, but after 2-3 days it can become a bit boring. Keep it short and enjoy it! Always been a fun trip, I go every couple of years.

Nothing really in the area for parks. It's Michigan, Indiana and Missouri that have them. A fairly new one opened up not too far from Silver Lake, so you can hit 2 parks on that trip.

There is also Redbird park in Indiana

Gone - 2000 Sport, 1987 YJ, 1997 SE
SecondTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2011, 02:01 AM   #8
Nickit1981
2007 JK Wrangler 

yep..

there is also Redbird in Indiana.. its about an hour and a half south of the Badlands. A lot of the guys I jeep with in Champaign head there a lot. I have never been.. it always seems when the redbird trip is planned im always busy. anyways.. ive seen pics and it looks like a good time. its cheap as well. the trails look like there is a lot of off camber stuff. I cant remember if i saw any rock gardens in the pics.
Nickit1981 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.