central illinois jeepers must unite!! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Illinois Jeep Forum > central illinois jeepers must unite!!

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*ExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire CarrComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 06-25-2011, 07:46 PM   #16
vt98xj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Mid-illini jeepers? based out of Peoria/Pekin

http://www.mijc.org/

Pretty good group of guys and gals

vt98xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2011, 11:55 PM   #17
TSEJEEPERS
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vt98xj View Post
Mid-illini jeepers? based out of Peoria/Pekin

http://www.mijc.org/

Pretty good group of guys and gals
X2 you are more than welcome to wheel with us if you are a member or not.
Check out our scheduled events.
Very non political. We just want to wheel, wrench and eat!
Unread 06-28-2011, 03:29 PM   #18
XJ57
2001 WJ 

Im in normal,il not to far from most of you guys. we should all try to meet somewhere sometime.
Unread 06-29-2011, 09:59 AM   #19
jmonier
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSEJEEPERS
X2 you are more than welcome to wheel with us if you are a member or not.
Check out our scheduled events.
Very non political. We just want to wheel, wrench and eat!
Great! I will have to cruise down and check you guys out!
jmonier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2011, 10:00 AM   #20
jmonier
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ57
Im in normal,il not to far from most of you guys. we should all try to meet somewhere sometime.
Thats what im tryin to do, whats cooler than a parking lot full of jeeps? Or a road lined with a convoy of jeeps? Not much... sounds like peoria might be the hub for a lot of us.
jmonier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2011, 12:25 PM   #21
TSEJEEPERS
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ57 View Post
I work at Bridgetone/Firestone OTR in Normal. (tire plant)
Sounds good. Again check out our shedule.
http://www.mijc.org/schedule/
We have cruise ins in the summer normally on the first Saturday of the month.
In the winter, we have our meetings at Goodfellows in Pekin. First Saturday of the month.
We also have at least one wheeling trip a month.
Unread 07-01-2011, 04:10 PM   #22
whowey
1988 MJ Comanche 

I cant remember what the name was of the club in Princeton any more, sorry. I remember one member having a CJ-5 that had an MG body stuffed on it. And he was a great big guy, so it was pretty darn funny watching him wedge himself in it.
whowey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2011, 12:28 AM   #23
Nickit1981
2007 JK Wrangler 

Hey everybody! figured id chime in here. i wheel with Dirtman usually and normally found on another forum to not be named here. I am actually setting up a wheeling event over Labor day weekend in Streator and Marseilles, Illinois. There is a car show sats night called roamer cruise night and draws about 18,000 people and about 600 cars. I worked out a deal with a bar on the main drag where the show is held that will hold their parking lot for us jeeps and other 4x4's. I have also gotten donations from quite a few sponsors to raffle off there which include t shirts, gift certificates, day passes to an offroad park, grab bags, etc.. The following day (sunday) we will be wheeling at The Cliffs Insane Terrain in Marseilles. I have worked out reduced admission and camping prices for us there as well. We are contemplating on setting up a night run that evening. Then since Monday is a holiday many people will be wheeling again that day. Any of you guys interested?
Nickit1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2011, 04:36 PM   #24
cheffin13
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickit1981 View Post
Hey everybody! figured id chime in here. i wheel with Dirtman usually and normally found on another forum to not be named here. I am actually setting up a wheeling event over Labor day weekend in Streator and Marseilles, Illinois. There is a car show sats night called roamer cruise night and draws about 18,000 people and about 600 cars. I worked out a deal with a bar on the main drag where the show is held that will hold their parking lot for us jeeps and other 4x4's. I have also gotten donations from quite a few sponsors to raffle off there which include t shirts, gift certificates, day passes to an offroad park, grab bags, etc.. The following day (sunday) we will be wheeling at The Cliffs Insane Terrain in Marseilles. I have worked out reduced admission and camping prices for us there as well. We are contemplating on setting up a night run that evening. Then since Monday is a holiday many people will be wheeling again that day. Any of you guys interested?
Wish I could make it! But, I have to work all weekend. Let me know if you guys are planning a trip on a Sunday anytime soon.
Unread 07-23-2011, 05:36 PM   #25
Nickit1981
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheffin13 View Post
Wish I could make it! But, I have to work all weekend. Let me know if you guys are planning a trip on a Sunday anytime soon.
we will be wheeling that sunday if you just wanna come down for that.
Unread 07-28-2011, 01:32 PM   #26
TRLWGN1
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Howdy

I am down by Springfield
work in Springfield and live 30 miles north
I will second Stink Bait on TRJC. Been a member there for years. Great trails on private property in Pike County.

I have been meaning to make it up to Peoria to meet up with the Mid-Illini group just hasn't worked out yet.

I also have some trails on our property near my house that some friends and I hit up once in a while, when we aren't wheeling with TRJC.
TRLWGN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2011, 11:19 PM   #27
XJ_Renegade
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I moved to Champaign a few months ago. Don't know of any local clubs or organizations. I'll probably get a lot more involved when I get my XJ off the ground.
[COLOR=White] White Jeep Club Member #108 [/COLOR]
[COLOR=Blue]R.I.P. Troy Edwards[/COLOR]

My Build Thread: [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/99-xj-project-arctic-wolf-1126101/"]Project [color="white"]Arctic Wolf[/color][/URL]
XJ_Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2011, 11:56 AM   #28
turpehar
Web Weiner

1977 CJ5 

I live in Farmer City and work in Champaign. Wheel regularly at the Badlands.

(Trial + error)*Upgrades) - $ = (mac-n-cheese/hot dogs)+experience

https://www.facebook.com/CentralILOffRoad

http://centraliloffroad.com/
turpehar is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2011, 03:56 PM   #29
Nickit1981
2007 JK Wrangler 

yep. and I live in champaign and work in bloomington. The guys I wheel hit all kinds of places.. usually the badlands.. we were at the cliffs this past weekend.. and we are going to hit up redbird early next month if any of you guys are interested. I was going to make a thread about it this weekend. Probably going to make it on the 8th i think...
Unread 09-10-2011, 09:50 AM   #30
jeepjocky
1999 TJ Wrangler 

hey guys, i'm from over by purdue..bout 30-40 min from badlands, but my gf lives in leland, il a lil ways west of plano...i'm over there quite a bit on the wknds and her and i would love to hook up with a group and do a little wheeling..unfortunately nothing too crazy for me (for now) as i'm still stock susp. w/ 31's and its my dd...but let me know..we're easy to get along with and enjoy pilsners ha
()_)-()_)-o-()_)
jeepjocky is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.