Body shop northern IL - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Illinois Jeep Forum > Body shop northern IL

CurrieSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 10-22-2012, 12:42 PM   #1
mschi772
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Body shop northern IL

My Jeep has some rust developing, and I'd like to know if anyone can recommend a body shop within some decent distance of Antioch. Quality work is important to me, but it doesn't need to be super expensive show-quality paint work cuz it's just a Jeep after all.

mschi772 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2012, 09:00 PM   #2
02JEEP
1999 TJ Wrangler 

KDX Auto Painting in Lakemoor 27992 W IL Rt 120 Suite 29 Lakemoor IL (815) 363-6886 The owners name is David York. He does amazing work and is a good guy. https://www.facebook.com/pages/KDX-A...38165922900438 He did my buddys Wrangler and it looks awesome. DJ
Unread 10-23-2012, 09:24 PM   #3
mschi772
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02JEEP View Post
He did my buddys Wrangler and it looks awesome. DJ
That black over green TJ on their FB page the one? Just curious. I greatly appreciate the recommendation and will check them out if I can ever scrape together enough cash; I'm moving for my girlfriend's job, so I'm still looking for work in the area myself.
Unread 10-24-2012, 09:46 AM   #4
02JEEP
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Here's a quick pic of his. Like a burnt orange color. https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...89977268_n.jpg DJ
Unread 10-28-2012, 09:43 AM   #5
Busyman

Depending on what you are looking for. There are some other cost effective options that you may be able to do. I actually live in Antioch also. I have a window tint business and I deal with WeB Waxin a lot and they have made good things happen with my 99TJ. They have a lot of vehicles there that they have just lined the bottoms of the doors with a rust prohibitor and a bedliner material. It looks really good. Tell them that Joe the tinter sent you and he should take care of you. His name is Chad. If you have any questions pm me and I will pm you my cell#.

Good luck,
Busyman
Busyman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2012, 09:20 AM   #6
mschi772
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks, Busyman, but I need more than a protective coat. The rust I have isn't very bad YET, but I want to make sure it is done right from the start, so there will likely be some cutting, welding, and painting involved. I need someone who won't try to take shortcuts and won't try to screw me. My #1 priority is stopping this rust before it becomes a real problem; I plan on keeping my XJ for a very long time, and I don't want it rotting away around me.
Unread 11-06-2012, 06:46 PM   #7
gmc01redtj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

you can talk to brian at custom classics i work with him through my work he is the owner of the company i can vouch for his work it is the best hands down http://www.customclassics.net/
gmc01redtj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2012, 04:32 PM   #8
DavidC
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc01redtj View Post
you can talk to brian at custom classics i work with him through my work he is the owner of the company i can vouch for his work it is the best hands down http://www.customclassics.net/
99 Sahara D30/44 w ARB's and 4.10's, Warn 9.5TI,AA SYE & Wood's shaft,Raingler nets,Jeeperman trail skids,Warn gas tank and steering box skid's, BDS 2" springs, Currie control arms,32" MTR's,AEV Bridger wheels, custom made tire carrier bumper,Dynomax cat back JKS quicker disco's.PSC Trail Cage,Banks header,LiteDots.PSC Trail Corners.
92 CDN M101 trailer, 33" TSL Swampers,camo paint. Original camo tarp.
DavidC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2012, 10:32 AM   #9
mschi772
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks, gmc & David. Keep the recommendations comin'! Choices are good. I just hope I can find decent-paying work in the area otherwise nothin' will be getting done.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.