Beware of CL - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Illinois Jeep Forum > Beware of CL

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippSwag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Unread 07-10-2011, 08:23 PM   #1
1murderedjeep
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Beware of CL

This lady by the name of Jessica Genton is attempting to scam people she has a 99 TJ that she is trying to sell for $1800 on CL that she will deliver to you for no charge through the Army. She uses eBay motor to make it seem legit but then wants to use western union to pay. I started to go through the deal then noticed it seemed scratchy and asked if could have a friend that lives do their look at it and she asked if I could pay first I didn't pay or reply and now just saw it on CL again in a different location. Just be careful guys. And sorry I'm no English major. Here's a pic of the jeep and one of the tires that tread even looks different to me.

image-489768.jpg   image-3198739199.jpg   image-988691446.jpg  
1murderedjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2011, 08:34 PM   #2
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

These scams always have some weird stuff like a strange method of delivery (the Military doesn't transport private vehicles), no license plates, endless reasons/excuses why you can't have a look or test drive, a price that is absurdly low, or the background in the picture is wrong (like a Desert scene when the Jeep is allegedly in Boston).

It's simple to avoid getting screwed, never pay anything down or as a deposit, never pay anything until you see and drive the Jeep, and make sure that the title details match the owners details.

If you buy on eBay, pay with PayPal.

Requests for Western Union payments are always a scam.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problem; Government is the problem.

CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2011, 08:26 PM   #3
Nielubie
2006 TJ Wrangler 

This is nothing new. CL has these scams all the time, I search CL once a week for "Jeep Wranglers" and I run into 2-3 of them and just flag them.

Funny story is when I bought mine from a Dealer in Texas, I was having it shipped and I was waiting for the transport truck. I kept checking CL and saw the exact photos the dealer had listed on ebay and CL of my jeep being sold for like $2800. I called the dealer up and asked what this was about and he explained that it happens all the time. Best of all, the ZIP code of the seller was the same as my parents zip code. lol
Nielubie is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.