Badlands? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Illinois Jeep Forum > Badlands?

JK Front Axle TrussARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan KitsPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 08-16-2012, 12:39 PM   #1
labbayk
2012 JK Wrangler 

Badlands?

A TJ and I are going down to Attica this weekend. He is camping starting tomorrow night with his crew and I am heading down Saturday morning and staying through Sunday. I have another buddy who might be joining in a caravan Sat morning for the ride down. We are hoping to meet off 294 at the border since we're all scattered. Anyone out there interested in tagging along? It's a very chill group and we always have a lot of fun. Plus, I went 3 weeks ago and there was a pretty bad dry spell out there. Hopin to break that this weekend haha!

Experience level: This will be my 4th time wheeling stock but my buddy and his friends have nice tall rigs and he's a great spotter so you won't be bored and stuck waiting on me on the green trail ha.

and when you wanted blood i cut my veins
and when you wanted love i bled myself again [/FONT]

[FONT="Arial Narrow"][B]then a vision came to me
when you came along
i gave you everything but then you wanted more[/B]
[/FONT]
I am a slave to grunge \m/
labbayk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2012, 07:46 AM   #2
Schwinn
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I am thinking about heading down tomorrow for the first time. If I do, I'll be looking for a group to tag along with.
Schwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2012, 10:33 PM   #3
labbayk
2012 JK Wrangler 

ok! if you do...I can get you in touch with someone like a name and number. I just got back from Attica and I didn't end up camping because I gotta be with the family tomorrow since Ramadan is over today. He's in a group with some buggies and a couple jeeps. They're out there camping now. Reply if you want more info.

when you came along
[/FONT]
Unread 08-22-2012, 06:58 PM   #4
Nickit1981
2007 JK Wrangler 

if you guys are still anxious after this weekend.. theres a group of about 15 of us hitting a car show in central illinois.. then wheeling and camping out at the cliffs next weekend. Its about an hour south of Dekalb.
Nickit1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2012, 08:24 PM   #5
Schwinn
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks! I didn't end up going down last weekend. Got lazy and hung around here for the air show. I'm going on vacation Sunday the 2nd so can't make it but post up when you make a return trip.
Schwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2012, 09:14 AM   #6
labbayk
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickit1981 View Post
if you guys are still anxious after this weekend.. theres a group of about 15 of us hitting a car show in central illinois.. then wheeling and camping out at the cliffs next weekend. Its about an hour south of Dekalb.
You wheelin this weekend comin up? I've never hit the Cliffs but a lot of people say it's no place for a stock ride. Always wanted to try that place out. I'll skip the car show haha and would like to wheel if you don't mind a stock jku. Let me know.

when you came along
[/FONT]
Unread 08-23-2012, 01:27 PM   #7
2kdsTj
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Lubb, just the opposite about the cliffs as of now. The lack of rain has the place all dried up. There isnt anywhere in the park that you cant get to. Even the hardest runs are what i would consider doable without lockers or big tires because the lack of mud/clay/slime.

Go out and check it out, you will have a blast.
2kdsTj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2012, 01:51 PM   #8
labbayk
2012 JK Wrangler 

Cool I want to go before work gets into its grind! I went to Attica late July and I was just came home dusty. Not a drop of mud anywhere. Recently went again and there was tons of muck everywhere. The green trail was pretty slippery too. I have no idea why none of my friends who are experienced wheelers ever suggest the cliffs when it's closer. Do you consider "doable" as in coming home absolutely covered in pinstripes? I'm not emotionally ready for that yet haha shes only a few months old.

when you came along
[/FONT]
Unread 08-23-2012, 05:47 PM   #9
Nickit1981
2007 JK Wrangler 

The Cliffs get a bad rep from "wheelers" who are afraid to get their rigs dirty. I wont lie.. after a good rain.. the cliffs can be a nasty place if you hit the wrong trail... I work there.. I have guys and gals with stock rigs out with us all the time. The car show is sats night.. we are wheeling sunday during the day.. then shooting some guns there after the park closes.. then doing night runs after dark... and then camping out. You are more than welcome to join if youd like. there is supposed to be a few other girls with jeeps there wheeling with us so you wont feel like the odd ball.
Unread 08-23-2012, 05:48 PM   #10
Nickit1981
2007 JK Wrangler 

and this wheeling trip isnt this weekend.. but next... so you have time to plan.
Unread 08-24-2012, 03:33 AM   #11
labbayk
2012 JK Wrangler 

oh ok great. nice to hear something good about the place. I don't mind dirt at all; I just don't want to be filing an insurance claim out there for busting my jeep on purpose. I got the impression that without a lift and good tires I'd get clawed all over and prob stuck. I have recovery pts but no winch yet. Not sure if I can camp that weekend but Sunday works for me so far. If anyone in your crew is headin down from northwest chi city on Sunday, maybe I can caravan with em to Marseilles? I'll get the word out with my buddies too.

when you came along
[/FONT]
Unread 08-24-2012, 04:24 PM   #12
Nickit1981
2007 JK Wrangler 

as far as I know.. there are about half coming sats for the car show.. and hald sunday just for wheeling and camping. There are 4 Jeeps i know rolling down together from your area. PM me and ill send you some info to get in contact with them. I will also give them the heads up you will be getting in touch.
Unread 08-27-2012, 12:13 AM   #13
Chase08
1999 WJ 

I know about 4 guys rollin to the cliffs next weekend. I may go also, sound like it will be busy next weekend..

Nick- you can shoot guns there? I was thinkn if i go i was gonna bring the AR and head to buffalo rock for a bit..
Chase08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2012, 06:10 PM   #14
Nickit1981
2007 JK Wrangler 

Chase.. you can if you work there and will have the owner/manager with you. They let people hunt there in the winter. It also depend son how many people will be there camping out/doing night runs. I believe CORE is doing their night runs on sats night.. we do ours on sunday. We do this trip every year.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.