Aurora machine shops - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Illinois Jeep Forum > Aurora machine shops

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 04-18-2011, 11:49 PM   #1
jhurt
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Aurora machine shops

Has anyone used any or know of any reputable machine shops in the Aurora/Naperville area? I need to have the bore in the center of the flywheel on my tow rig machined out for a bigger bearing...needless to say it has to be perfect or the transmission will tear itself apart. I hate to just flip open the yellow pages and roll the dice..this thing would be EXPENSIVE to replace if it was done improperly.

Unread 04-19-2011, 01:40 AM   #2
sh_or_ty7
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I've taken a few flywheels to carquest in aurora to be resurfaced. I think they have a machine shop in house. My flywheels turned out fine but I don't know how he would do on a custom application. Might be worth a call though. Good luck
sh_or_ty7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2011, 06:47 AM   #3
jhurt
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Alright I'll give 'em am call, thanks. FYI the Napa in Lisle right on Ogden Ave at River St. (Mac's Auto Supply) also does resurfacing using the grind technique. I had the flywheel refaced there and it turned out nicely. The work I need done now though is a bit too advanced for them.
Unread 04-24-2011, 12:00 AM   #4
sh_or_ty7
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Any luck?
sh_or_ty7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2011, 02:13 PM   #5
jhurt
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Unfortunately no. Found several places that can do the resurfacing. Everyone says the flywheel is too big to fit in a lathe. I think I'm going to drive it to South Bend Indiana and have the company it came from do it (South Bend Clutch). Can get there, have the machining done and get home all in one day and it would probably cost less than shipping the thing (I think it weighs about 70 lbs.) At least they cant claim it wasn't done properly if something goes wrong...If I don't get this thing back together soon the wife is going to kill me. Its blocking her spot in the garage for 3 weeks now!
Unread 05-03-2011, 10:22 AM   #6
kjdad
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I have used PER engines in Plainfield to do some engine work for me on my mustang. Randy has always done good work. Not sure this would be in his wheelhouse though.
kjdad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.