Anyone Planning on a cliffs trip soon? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Illinois Jeep Forum > Anyone Planning on a cliffs trip soon?

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 12-11-2012, 02:38 PM   #1
Boss_hog
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Anyone Planning on a cliffs trip soon?

I was at the cliffs for the first time about two months ago just to find out I had a Transfer case issue. It was hella muddy and I only had 2wd but I decided to wheel anyway since I was all the way out there. Bad Idea

I finally got finish rebuilding the case and I am ready to test the jeep out. Do alot of people still go to the cliffs in the winter? Also, I work most weekends and have mostly weekdays off. The cliff says its open by appointment during the week anyone gone wheeling thro the week? If your making any plans to wheel soon and dont mind a newbie tagging along PM me.

Boss_hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2012, 06:40 PM   #2
Nickit1981
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss_hog View Post
I was at the cliffs for the first time about two months ago just to find out I had a Transfer case issue. It was hella muddy and I only had 2wd but I decided to wheel anyway since I was all the way out there. Bad Idea

I finally got finish rebuilding the case and I am ready to test the jeep out. Do alot of people still go to the cliffs in the winter? Also, I work most weekends and have mostly weekdays off. The cliff says its open by appointment during the week anyone gone wheeling thro the week? If your making any plans to wheel soon and dont mind a newbie tagging along PM me.

i work at the Cliffs.. if you are going to want to wheel during the week you will have to have a group.. i think they require like 10 or more vehicles.. but id have to double check.. people still wheel in the winter.. but not as much as in the spring summer and fall. The cliffs is closed after this weekend until the first of the year... there is a run on new years day i believe and quite a few people show up to wheel.. you may want to check it out.
Nickit1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2012, 06:42 PM   #3
Bighurt
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I will be home from school from dec. 20th till jan 13th. As long as I get my lockers working, I'd be down for a cliffs trip, I have yet to wheel there.
Bighurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2012, 08:16 PM   #4
rattlinwrangler

I think the cliffs is closed the weekends before Christmas and new year, but open on new years eve. You might want to check on that.
rattlinwrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 03:00 PM   #5
project88xj

Im trying to go this weekend i have a grand cherokee on 31s
project88xj is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.