Anyone in Northern IL? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Illinois Jeep Forum > Anyone in Northern IL?

Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank SkidTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 03-01-2012, 07:07 PM   #16
Nickit1981
2007 JK Wrangler 

02 Jeep.. your mail box is full so I couldnt reply to ya.. but this is what I sent..
"Well some of us will be there at 10. Most people i think are plannin gon coming around noon. We will be there until at least 6. Which lift did you get? We are putting a rock krawler 2.5 max travel lift on a jk first thing.. shouldnt take too long. We put a 3.5 inch rough country lift on a JK 2 weeks ago in roughly an hour. So its very possible we could get it done that day. The JK we are lifitn is waiting for his tires to come in since they are on back order. Im one of those people who prefer to get it done and deal with the goofiness instead of having to wait to do it later."

Nickit1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2012, 08:01 PM   #17
lionseye
2005 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickit1981 View Post
02 Jeep.. your mail box is full so I couldnt reply to ya.. but this is what I sent..
"Well some of us will be there at 10. Most people i think are plannin gon coming around noon. We will be there until at least 6. Which lift did you get? We are putting a rock krawler 2.5 max travel lift on a jk first thing.. shouldnt take too long. We put a 3.5 inch rough country lift on a JK 2 weeks ago in roughly an hour. So its very possible we could get it done that day. The JK we are lifitn is waiting for his tires to come in since they are on back order. Im one of those people who prefer to get it done and deal with the goofiness instead of having to wait to do it later."
I should be there around 11am/noon. See y'all on Saturday.
lionseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2012, 08:05 PM   #18
Nickit1981
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionseye View Post
I should be there around 11am/noon. See y'all on Saturday.
Cool. We will be there. Just got word that a bunch more people may show up.. and looks like we will be giving away some stuff too.
Unread 03-01-2012, 10:41 PM   #19
02JEEP
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Sorry about that, I emptied it. I ended up going with the Rough Country N2 4". I'll do my best to make it over. Would I need to bring my own tools? I have pretty much everything I'll need but I would have to find everything in the garage first. LOL And thanks for the invite, I appreciate it. DJ
Unread 03-01-2012, 11:14 PM   #20
Nickit1981
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02JEEP View Post
Sorry about that, I emptied it. I ended up going with the Rough Country N2 4". I'll do my best to make it over. Would I need to bring my own tools? I have pretty much everything I'll need but I would have to find everything in the garage first. LOL And thanks for the invite, I appreciate it. DJ
I would bring as many of your own tools as you can. With so many people there and not knowing a lot of people real well (no offense) they dont want anyone running off with their expensive tools. Seeing how a lift is one of the more intensive projects we would be doing.. we would end up using the impacts and all of that and have your jeep up on a lift.. but if you dont get your jeep in right away.. or the lifts are all taken when you show up.. we could get a head start. With how many bodies are going to be there more than likely there will be 4 guys on each vehicle getting stuff done.
Unread 03-02-2012, 07:38 AM   #21
02JEEP
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I would bring as many of your own tools as you can. With so many people there and not knowing a lot of people real well (no offense) they dont want anyone running off with their expensive tools. Seeing how a lift is one of the more intensive projects we would be doing.. we would end up using the impacts and all of that and have your jeep up on a lift.. but if you dont get your jeep in right away.. or the lifts are all taken when you show up.. we could get a head start. With how many bodies are going to be there more than likely there will be 4 guys on each vehicle getting stuff done.
I completely understand about the tools. I'll try my best to make it over there but have to see how things go. DJ
Unread 03-02-2012, 08:30 PM   #22
02JEEP
1999 TJ Wrangler 

You guys still doing this with the new snow? DJ
Unread 03-02-2012, 10:48 PM   #23
Nickit1981
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
You guys still doing this with the new snow? DJ
yep.. its still on with the snow. We have 3 indoor bays.. so snow is no big deal. The snow is already melting here... no big deal. see ya tomorrow.
Unread 03-02-2012, 10:51 PM   #24
02JEEP
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
yep.. its still on with the snow. We have 3 indoor bays.. so snow is no big deal. The snow is already melting here... no big deal. see ya tomorrow.
Unread 03-03-2012, 10:13 PM   #25
02JEEP
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry I couldn't make it over. Funeral and other commitments ran longer than i wanted. How did everything go? Any pics of the newly lifted rigs? DJ
Unread 03-03-2012, 10:18 PM   #26
Nickit1981
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Sorry I couldn't make it over. Funeral and other commitments ran longer than i wanted. How did everything go? Any pics of the newly lifted rigs? DJ
It was actually really awesome. had a lot of fun.. a lot of people. We have pics.. wont be up until tomorrow though.
Unread 05-14-2012, 06:17 AM   #27
kumar94

Im in Libertyville.
kumar94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2012, 04:57 PM   #28
Nickit1981
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar94 View Post
Im in Libertyville.
I used to live in libertyville near austins fuel room. we have a group of guys with jeeps in that area that make regular offroad park runs if youre interested.
Unread 05-21-2012, 08:18 PM   #29
labbayk
2012 JK Wrangler 

hey sorry to post all late and off topic. I'm in Lincolnshire, a little south of you guys. Anybody planning anything? I bought another JKUS that I have to build from the ground up (lift, tires, body armor). I had a 2 door JK that I only took hunting, to sand pits in central Wisco, and on mud runs downhill. No rocks and no serious flexing. I had 32's on a BB lift. If I'm not too much of a n00b, could I join this crew?
and when you wanted blood i cut my veins
and when you wanted love i bled myself again [/FONT]

[FONT="Arial Narrow"][B]then a vision came to me
when you came along
i gave you everything but then you wanted more[/B]
[/FONT]
I am a slave to grunge \m/
labbayk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2012, 08:42 PM   #30
lionseye
2005 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
I used to live in libertyville near austins fuel room. we have a group of guys with jeeps in that area that make regular offroad park runs if youre interested.
Which group? I've seen a bunch of lifted Jeeps running around recently and am always looking for new folks to meet up with. I'm up by 21 & 45.
lionseye is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.