any chicago jeeps? - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Illinois Jeep Forum > any chicago jeeps?

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Spartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.850" LED Light Bar with Overhead Mounting Brackets $69

Unread 10-18-2011, 08:05 PM   #181
ChicagoRod
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeroo View Post
Hey, I was just referred to this thread by someone in "my" thread. I'm in the city of Chicago, on the northside, Lincoln Square area. I'm in need of a rear Dana 35 with 3.07 ratio for my 93 YJ. You can see my thread here(video on page 2)... http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/1...-yoke-1269775/

Any help would be IMMENSELY appreciated. This is my only vehicle and the cold weather is coming! Thanks.
just found this..

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/pts/2645811814.html

You would need to find someone with a welder.

It's the Jeepforum, you WILL understand or someone will help you!

Does your gas tank overflow at the pump? [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/have-fuel-spill-problems-like-many-us-submit-complaint-force-recall-974337/"]SUBMIT FORMAL COMPLAINT HERE! [/URL]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj-tech-boot-camp-must-read-new-tj-owners-forum-members-722109/"]New to the JeepForum? First TJ/LJ? Click here.[/URL]

[URL="https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Jeep-Wrangler-LJ-Unlimited/238153862870221"]
FaceBook Page for LJ Owners[/URL]
ChicagoRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2011, 09:26 AM   #182
B2CARPEN
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I have a D35 w/ open carrier and 3.07 gears under my jeep right now but I'm swapping in my JK D44 within the next few weeks. This axle is in great condition and I just replaced all the brake components a few months ago. All you would need to do is cut off all the brackets and have someone weld in leaf spring perches.

If you don't find anything by the time I'm done with my axle swap you can have my D35 for $100.

Side note, it would be wise to think about a D44 or ford 8.8 with 4.10s, then you would just need to regear your front axle. Just a thought.
Unread 10-19-2011, 12:57 PM   #183
snakeroo
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Heyas, thanks for the replies! Why a D35? Just trying to find the fastest way to get my Jeep going again, before the weather gets stupidly cold. I do not drive it offroad at all. So, I figure another D35 should be okay. It's a D35C with the 3.07 ratio. I've never welded, so I don't know about that? I have never done the swap before, so if someone could lend a hand (once I find an axle), I would be eternally grateful.
Unread 10-29-2011, 10:58 AM   #184
eleazar

I am out in Joliet IL and I do not no were to the trail are to go offroad can somebody give me some address
eleazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2011, 11:09 AM   #185
SaharryMoe
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleazar View Post
I am out in Joliet IL and I do not no were to the trail are to go offroad can somebody give me some address

The closest places are The Cliffs Insane Terrain or Badlands in Indianer...
SaharryMoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2011, 11:33 AM   #186
eleazar

Were are all the trail in IL can I get some address
eleazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2011, 11:45 AM   #187
need4speedtonka
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleazar View Post
i dont think there is any..lol.
Unread 10-29-2011, 12:00 PM   #188
SaharryMoe
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I wasnt very good in English class either... but I did go get this link for you. The cliffs is not far from Joliet and its a good time.

http://www.thecliffsinsaneterrain.com/
SaharryMoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2011, 01:44 PM   #189
chitownEMT
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleazar
They should mandate proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation on posts or else they get deleted. They could say it increases literacy, but really it's just so we don't have to attempt to decipher what people are trying to say.

Edit: That's not just regarding Eleazar either. Some of the English you see on this forum, and many others, is downright ghastly.

In the long run men hit only what they aim at. Therefore, though they should fail immediately, they had better aim at something high.
- Thoreau

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that there was, within me, an invincible summer.
- Albert Camus

[B]Disclaimer:[/B] The advice given on this forum is free; however, its value may be much less than you paid for it.
chitownEMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2011, 06:32 PM   #190
1SlowStang

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownEMT View Post
They should mandate proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation on posts or else they get deleted. They could say it increases literacy, but really it's just so we don't have to attempt to decipher what people are trying to say.

Edit: That's not just regarding Eleazar either. Some of the English you see on this forum, and many others, is downright ghastly.
Amen to that!

On a different note, is there anything going on soon other than the cliffs? I was thinking of trying to get out and see what my Compass can do. Prolly get stuck lol. Im on crappy all seasons and a stock ride so I'm guessing it can't end too well
1SlowStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2011, 09:37 PM   #191
Nickit1981
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SlowStang View Post
Amen to that!

On a different note, is there anything going on soon other than the cliffs? I was thinking of trying to get out and see what my Compass can do. Prolly get stuck lol. Im on crappy all seasons and a stock ride so I'm guessing it can't end too well
this coming sats at the badlands.. 4wd.com customer appreciation day. im sure it will be busy.
Nickit1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2011, 08:35 AM   #192
keithert
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Amen to that!

The first time I went to the Badlands I was in a stock Geo Tracker with street tires. I was following a Honda Element for part of the trail. If conditions are dry you would be able to do some basic trails with the Compass. The perimeter trail at the Cliffs in dry weather should be do-able.
Unread 10-31-2011, 09:12 AM   #193
1SlowStang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickit1981 View Post
this coming sats at the badlands.. 4wd.com customer appreciation day. im sure it will be busy.
I work saturday, which is pretty normal for me.
1SlowStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2011, 09:38 AM   #194
Nickit1981
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I work saturday, which is pretty normal for me.
well.. if you have sunday off.. im sure a lot of the guys will be there as well. A lot of guys who have to drive a small amount to get to the badlands usually come down for a weekend at a time.
Nickit1981 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.