1st timer for offroading - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Illinois Jeep Forum > 1st timer for offroading

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBaseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiSpartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 02-27-2012, 05:24 PM   #1
redjeep326
2004 TJ Wrangler 

1st timer for offroading

I just bought my 04 wrangler not too long ago, and I was wondering can you drive the cliffs or badlands by your self or do you always have to go in a group of 3 or more jeeps? Also, do people usually just drive for one day, or stay there a couple of days? How much does it cost for both places?

redjeep326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2012, 05:33 PM   #2
roadcrew
1999 WJ 

You can go by your self, but what happens when you get stuck....
I went to the cliffs by my self. I expected to meet someone there, which I did. Most people will let you jump in on a run around. There was lots of mud and going solo the first run I had to flag some one down twice. Went back to parking lot to eat and recoup. Went out for another round, this time with a few guys I met there. Much better of a time. Still need a yank once in a while but didn't have to wait for someone to drive by.
roadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2012, 05:44 PM   #3
Nickit1981
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjeep326 View Post
I just bought my 04 wrangler not too long ago, and I was wondering can you drive the cliffs or badlands by your self or do you always have to go in a group of 3 or more jeeps? Also, do people usually just drive for one day, or stay there a couple of days? How much does it cost for both places?
Its never a good idea to wheel alone. its not as bad when you arent doing too serious of rock climbing and what not.. but when you get stuck in a puddle and have no one around to help you.. it sucks pretty bad. We are having a big mod party this saturday in Winthrop Harbor which isnt too far from you. You should come.. It will give you a chance to meet a bunch of guys in your area who offroad regularly. Also.. we are planning a run to the badlands on March 24th if youre interested in going.. There will be stock jeeps up to huge rock crawlers going. The mod party is from 10am to 6 pm. Going to grill for lunch during the day and go out for pizza and beer afterwards as well. There are threads on here about it that have all the info on it if you want to come.
Nickit1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 12:59 PM   #4
redjeep326
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Great! Thanks for all the info! That event on Saturday sounds awesome, but unfortunately I have to work. Hopefully I can get off from work, and I'll definitely come check it out!
redjeep326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 05:37 PM   #5
Nickit1981
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjeep326 View Post
Great! Thanks for all the info! That event on Saturday sounds awesome, but unfortunately I have to work. Hopefully I can get off from work, and I'll definitely come check it out!
as I just told someone else.. we will be at the shop until 6.. then going out for beer and pizza at a place called Anastashias in Waukegan. prolly be there a couple hours.. and then a few of us are going bar hoping that night.. so you will at least have plenty of time to come meet a few new wheeling buddies and check out some rigs.
Nickit1981 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.