Southern Wisconsin Off Road Trails - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Wisconsin Jeep Forum > Southern Wisconsin Off Road Trails

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 05-29-2012, 06:21 AM   #16
lord-steezus
2002 WJ 

(sorry for bringing back a dead thread)

Im not really part of a club, just a group of redneck friends is all i have.

lord-steezus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2012, 01:34 PM   #17
gergdees

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverJeepTJ View Post
Ive been Looking for a few years, sad answer is that there really isnt any where open to the public, the nearest place is the "pipeline" in lakewood,wi but I hear that is being shut down by the DNR. There are some roads up north in the nationl forest that you can drive on, but make sure you get a motor vehicle use map from a ranger station, wouldnt wanna be cought by those guys on a closed trail.

If you find any where local please let me know too, thanks
I did some searching for any info about the "pipeline" being closed and I found this info which indicates that it hasn't been closed and supposedly never will.

"The Pipeline", as it is commonly referred to, is actually Forest Service Road #55552 on the Lakewood-Laona Ranger District located in the Eastern Chequamegon/Nicolet National Forest. You can find FS #55552 on their website.

I live just south of Madison and I would love to find some local trails within 30-60 minutes from here so I'm pretty interested in what GLHTay found in the Broadhead / Avon area.
gergdees is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2012, 03:14 PM   #18
theshaolin
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gergdees View Post
I did some searching for any info about the "pipeline" being closed and I found this info which indicates that it hasn't been closed and supposedly never will.

"The Pipeline", as it is commonly referred to, is actually Forest Service Road #55552 on the Lakewood-Laona Ranger District located in the Eastern Chequamegon/Nicolet National Forest. You can find FS #55552 on their website.

I live just south of Madison and I would love to find some local trails within 30-60 minutes from here so I'm pretty interested in what GLHTay found in the Broadhead / Avon area.
From wi4x4.com:

Quote:
Just came back from a ride on the Pipeline.

There were a few folks with big trucks looking for mud to dig in(those areas have been signed or gated). They found none and were trying to play in everything which had moisture in it. All the play holes I saw were closed. It appears the NFS isn't playing nice anymore.

Also, for trail riders, if you approach from W and want to go north to Thunder MT, you can't get to Thunder MT via the Pipeline, that corridor has been closed. Instead once you get to the last closure on the south end (I counted 5) where 2323A meets 5552, you must drive all the way back to Clam lake and pick up 2102 to take you north to 2102L.

All in all, of the 13 miles of trail that the Pipeline 4X4 Challenge trail is supposed to be, only about (maybe) 3 miles are left, and those 3 miles are not joined together.
1991 Chevrolet K1500 - 4x4 5.7L 5spd - For Sale (Cheap!)
theshaolin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2012, 04:25 PM   #19
the_deadhead
1999 TJ Wrangler 

The Pipeline

See "Wisconsin Trail Day" thread posted on this forum for information on tomorrow's Trail Day on The Pipeline.

John "deadhead" Schnorr
Legislative Director, WOHVA
the_deadhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2012, 05:18 PM   #20
lord-steezus
2002 WJ 

are there any new trail days i can go to? or any trails i can drive around out here?
lord-steezus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2012, 04:54 PM   #21
AlumaDoo
2000 WJ 

Gonna be real tough finding any decent play areas in WI, especially big enough for any decent number of vehicles. Farmers need all the land they can get to farm on around here. It seems it's either farmed land, or state owned. Not much for play. It's hard enough to get permission to run snowmobile trails through private lands nowadays.
AlumaDoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2013, 01:40 PM   #22
delgajac000
1995 YJ Wrangler 

so im thinking of going to cliffs insane terrain tomorrow and need a partner. mine couldn't make it. it would be light trail ridding just to check trails for future rides.
ill be taking my 95 wrangler almost all stock to test it out. inbox me if your interested.
delgajac000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.