Southern Wisconsin Off Road Trails - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Wisconsin Jeep Forum > Southern Wisconsin Off Road Trails

Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-Gear2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Black (Paint to Match) Grille2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Black Sun Shade (Rugged Ridge)

Unread 11-11-2010, 05:33 PM   #1
WI_JeepNutz
2006 FSJ Cherokee 

Southern Wisconsin Off Road Trails

I'm not asking you guys to give up your secret unmarked off road trails. Just wondering where there are some off road trails that I can test my ride on. I live in Brown Deer, WI so anywhere within an hour or two would be great.

WI_JeepNutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2010, 11:10 PM   #2
DallastheJeeper
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I am going to have to add to this PLEASE I NEED TRAILS
Thanks
|____________________/||__/----|
|(@)(@)"""""""""""|(@) (@)***|(@)

#5-06 Salvage Rebuild LJ
Metalcloak Bumper, Overline fenders and Corner guards.
3.5" Sus Lift
1'' Body lift and engine lift

#4-98 TJ Sahara RIP :(
#3-42 GPW Project. Currently on hold Sand blasted the body and it was held together by screen and bondo so new Tub needed
#2-88 Comanche Currently getting a frame off rebuild and a 4bt.
#1-1994 Power Wheels Wrangler
DallastheJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2010, 06:25 PM   #3
DustinS
2011 JK Wrangler 

I'd like an answer to this as well. I'm in Baraboo and although there's an abundance of walking, biking, skiing, hunting access, and snowmobile trails, there doesn't seem to be anything for the Full-size offroad enthusiast.

My family owns some land that I bomb around on, but 40 acres doesn't leave much for trail length.
Unread 12-03-2010, 06:41 PM   #4
warrior99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallastheJeeper View Post
I am going to have to add to this PLEASE I NEED TRAILS
Thanks
x2
[z] . [z]--O-[z]
warrior99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2011, 08:15 PM   #5
nseaman
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Well you guys are not alone. I'm in the Watertown area, and I have been in this state for three years and have not found a single trail. I am originally from California and was able to go out every weekend. Surely there has to be something around here thats not some old guys farm. I have taken just about every dirt road I find in hopes of it turning into something promising. But haven't had luck yet.
nseaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2011, 11:16 PM   #6
subtlez28
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Bummer, I was really hoping to see some ideas here.

DallastheJeeper, where is Wisconsin, Wisconsin? lol
[B]02 Z28[/B] Hardtop LS1/T56 SOLD-reason for screen name
subtlez28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2011, 06:09 PM   #7
SilverJeepTJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Ive been Looking for a few years, sad answer is that there really isnt any where open to the public, the nearest place is the "pipeline" in lakewood,wi but I hear that is being shut down by the DNR. There are some roads up north in the nationl forest that you can drive on, but make sure you get a motor vehicle use map from a ranger station, wouldnt wanna be cought by those guys on a closed trail.

If you find any where local please let me know too, thanks
SilverJeepTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2011, 08:09 PM   #8
yotefever
1987 YJ Wrangler 

For a thousand dollars I can send you a map with all the secrete trails in southern WI. Unfortunately not much for trails down here in southern WI.

I have lived here all my life but am new to jeeps and offroading.
I found a jeep club having meetings right in my town and joined and they have some private land to wheel but it's a five hour ride for me.
The pipeline is still open but I would advise going with someone responsible that will stay on trails and not do things to irritate the dnr.
I found and joined WOHVA which is involved with the Jeep Jamboree and is working with groups from around the state to get a ohv park started here in WI. There is some encouraging news on their website about it.
I have gone on some rides with some great people from WI4X4.com and they just had a ride last weekend that I couldn't make but sure wish I could have. They have a bunch of pics up on the web site.
There is also the brew city crawlers in se wi and damage inc which has a fund raiser coming up in Feb in Brookfield at a comedy club.
Brew City Crawlers also go to Indiana at the Badlands but I have never been there.
yotefever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2011, 05:52 PM   #9
rovernev

Southern Wisconsin Off-Road Vehicle Trails

Hi..... I'm probably going to upset everybody here by telling you that I do NOT have a Jeep, but I have a Range Rover......(2003 HSE). I am an ex-Brit, moved to Madison a few years ago, and I need some off-road therapy. I have driven around in Southern Wisconsin's rural areas, trying to find the elusive perfect off-road rocky swamp, but without any luck. Show me the MUD! Simon.
rovernev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2011, 10:11 AM   #10
Hesher420
2006 LJ Wrangler 

There really are no public trails in southern WI. You're best bet is to join a club who has access to private lands that they wheel on.

Two groups I know of in WI are WI4X4.com and lcjs.org/

**'06 Blacked Out LJ**

> > > LJ Owners Group < < <

Black Jeep Society
"We are one. One society. Digitless."
"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

Hesher420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2011, 10:21 AM   #11
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Find and join a 4x4 club, start here -> http://mw4wda.org/

Google Apple Valley Farms, Flat Fender Farms, North Woods Off-Road, Ma and Pa Rockers, and Dresser Memorial. Individual or 4x4 Club Members of the Midwest4wda can use the Dresser trails on membership weekends.

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, AR-15 sporting rifles account for nearly 20% of all U.S. firearms sales.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2011, 07:06 PM   #12
GLHTay
2006 LJ Wrangler 

This thread makes me . I have a lead on a place in the Broadhead / Avon area that I will be checking out this week. I will report back hopefully with good news.
GLHTay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2011, 07:07 AM   #13
theducksguts
2000 XJ Cherokee 

It's not far to the Cliffs in Illinois. The Badlands in Indiana is also a worthwhile trip.

Check out my Classifieds
theducksguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2011, 06:39 PM   #14
frogman200
2003 TJ Wrangler 

The Cliffs are insane! Tons of good mud and climbs.
frogman200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2011, 10:25 AM   #15
theducksguts
2000 XJ Cherokee 

It's been awhile and I have since moved away from WI but joining a club is really the best bet. You have to know people with land, that helps a lot.

Apple Valley Farms is a great trip, along with the Dresser events.

Check out my Classifieds
theducksguts is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.