Need help with Repair ASAP Rear main seal - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Wisconsin Jeep Forum > Need help with Repair ASAP Rear main seal

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!

Unread 08-14-2012, 09:37 PM   #1
Stud_man50
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Need help with Repair ASAP Rear main seal

I have recently started the project of the rear main seal on my 05' wrangler, I have removed everything including the old seal, I just can't get the new seal into place correctly. I'm pretty sure I ruined the first one so I just picked up a second and I'm willing to pay someone to come over and install just the seal. I can button everything else back together. I just got re-stationed and now live in Racine, WI. if anyone can help or knows a good "come to your house" repair guy please text

P.S. I'll buy beer and have snacks waiting...

Stud_man50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2012, 05:44 PM   #2
WhiteMtnJeep
The Punk Made My Day.....

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I'm too far away to come over. But have you been to Stu Olsen's website? I believe he has a nice write up there on how to do it.

Journeyman Polyphase Meterman IBEW Local 387

Work with enthusiasm as though you were working for the Lord rather than for man.

http://www.treadlightly.org/

Siena Jeep Owner's Member 25

/l ,[____],
l---L -0lllllll0-

()_) ()_)-O-)_)
WhiteMtnJeep is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2012, 09:29 PM   #3
Stud_man50
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I checked out his site, didn't find anything on there? Guess I should have started this project before I left florida, could have made a mini vacation, I lived in Cocoa, FL.
Unread 08-17-2012, 04:40 PM   #4
Stud_man50
2005 TJ Wrangler 

*BUMP* I guess I have to take another stab at this saturday after I get off watch. My wife finally has a job interview next week so I need to start driving the jeep again. I'm thinking of loosening the rest of the bolts holding the crank just to give me some wiggle room, this time im gonna soap the outside of the seal and oil lube the inside, last time I just shot soap into the groove. Is this how the bottom seal is suppose to sit?? the one I took out was flush on both sides.
Unread 08-18-2012, 04:48 PM   #5
Stud_man50
2005 TJ Wrangler 

All done with the rear main seal, I found a guy local that has over 20 years experience and can pretty much do anything. MR.GURU is highly! recommended. only charged be $60 to put in the seal and get the oil pan back on. Which I thought was fair for 2.5 hours of work. Now I just have to heat and beat the bolt stud I broke at the rear exhaust flange and put it all together. Hopefully down the road I can get my dream 8" lift and he can help me put it on.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.