NE Wisconsin and the Northwoods - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 05-10-2012, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
bmxboy809
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Question NE Wisconsin and the Northwoods

I have been looking at a lot of old threads about wheeling in norther wisconsin. In the past few years there has been a lot of rumors and such floating around about great spots up there.

I havent seen any recent posts giving the status of any public places to wheel. From what I have gathered McCaslin Mtn has been shut down for good. I have personally heard rumors about the pipeline in crivitz area as well. Has wheeling on the Pipe line been shut down for good as well?

I just moved to the fox valley and would like to join a 4x4 club. Anyone know of one and could tell me when and where the meetings are? Also is there anywhere to go wheelin in this area? I know there are no public trails but anyone have private land near menasha/appleton/neenah?

anything anyone has to contribute is great! PM me if you wanna go out wheelin!

1999 Wrangler TJ 4.0 5spd -- 6" LA , 35" MTZ's , Ford 8.8 , 4.88 gears , SYE , Tom woods CV shaft
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 07-25-2012, 10:37 AM Thread Starter
bmxboy809
1999 TJ Wrangler 

really? no one knows about wheeling in northern WI?

1999 Wrangler TJ 4.0 5spd -- 6" LA , 35" MTZ's , Ford 8.8 , 4.88 gears , SYE , Tom woods CV shaft
post #3 of 11 Old 07-25-2012, 11:29 AM
Weiss
2013 JK Wrangler 

There is a thread about an the GNTR event that you can check out.
post #4 of 11 Old 07-25-2012, 11:33 AM
Mud Machine
Jeep Addict

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Sent you a P.M.

Build Thread

BDS Springs, MetalCloak Arms, Fox Shocks, Warn Winch, Savvy Ft Bumper, Antirock, GenRight Fenders, GR8 Top, Rock Hard Cage, 5.13's, Revolution Axle Shafts, LS-III, 4L80e

'76 CJ-7, 33" Swampers, 6-Point Cage, 4-Speed, Dana 300 Twin Stick
post #5 of 11 Old 07-26-2012, 12:55 AM
Lancair007

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Machine
Sent you a P.M.
Hey, I am in Appleton and wheel the pipeline. It is open, but with some areas that are closed. My sons and I are going to off road park in northern Minnesota from August 27 to 30th, if you are interested. The Iron Range Off Road Park is awesome. Send me a private message.

Picture is from pipeline. South of county W.

409636_10151023011122779_1574272871_n.jpg
post #6 of 11 Old 08-10-2012, 03:07 PM
tuckinauster

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxboy809 View Post
I have been looking at a lot of old threads about wheeling in norther wisconsin. In the past few years there has been a lot of rumors and such floating around about great spots up there.

I havent seen any recent posts giving the status of any public places to wheel. From what I have gathered McCaslin Mtn has been shut down for good. I have personally heard rumors about the pipeline in crivitz area as well. Has wheeling on the Pipe line been shut down for good as well?

I just moved to the fox valley and would like to join a 4x4 club. Anyone know of one and could tell me when and where the meetings are? Also is there anywhere to go wheelin in this area? I know there are no public trails but anyone have private land near menasha/appleton/neenah?

anything anyone has to contribute is great! PM me if you wanna go out wheelin!
Last I heard, about 80% of the pipeline has been closed off.

I'm in Oshkosh, and there really isn't much for 4x4 clubs in the area. Unfortunetly the best way to do any wheeling around here is to get permission to use private property.

Sorry to be a debbie downer, but thats kind of the way it is around here.

Sniper Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.J. O'rouke
"The Jeep is a manly device. And a womanly device. An American device. Itís a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."
post #7 of 11 Old 08-18-2012, 10:16 AM
oestreich84

I am also newish to the area and looking for a group to get to know and go offroading with. The only place, other than private land with puddles, I have wheeled in Wisconsin is at Dresser on Memorial weekend. Would really like to get out and explore some new areas.
post #8 of 11 Old 09-07-2012, 12:41 PM
normjeeper
1997 ZJ 

Also new to the area and have been searching for some place to wheel. Planning a wheeling/camping trip the weeked of Sept. 15 and 16, 2012 and it looks like the closest place is going to be Cliffs Insane off road park just west of Chicago. Anyone out there got any better places? Anyone wanna go?
post #9 of 11 Old 03-26-2016, 10:44 AM
GreenbayTJ06
2014 JK Wrangler 

Ok a couple things. First i have searched all over and cant find anything on exactly where the "pipeline" is. I can find forest roads for days and thats it. I even scaned through the nicolet nat'l forest on satellite. I want to stay in that area. I know out in crandon is the offroad park and there may be trails in the chemiquen nat'l forest but im not looking for that. Would like to find something around Breed, Mountain, Suring, Lakewood. Something with rocks and stuff to crawl. No begginer dirt road crap. Sorry if I am coming off as an *** but its a bit frustrating.

Next, do people in Wisconsin come on here anymore? For the last three months I have been watching the forums and posting on threads and get no response. Are there no jeepers here??

Jeep is life
post #10 of 11 Old 04-02-2016, 11:26 PM
Night_Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenbayTJ06 View Post

Next, do people in Wisconsin come on here anymore? For the last three months I have been watching the forums and posting on threads and get no response. Are there no jeepers here??
This site has been going downhill fast over the last few years. I know of several pretty cool JF members that have left for various reasons and aren't looking back.
post #11 of 11 Old 04-03-2016, 10:40 AM
Lancair007

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Xj Wheeling near pipeline or Upper Michigan?

Hey GreenbayTJ06, I haven't been up to the pipeline lately, but if you are interested in going wheeling there or up in Upper Michigan, please send me a message at flylancair007@gmail.com. I live in Neenah and I get together with a group of Jeep Wrangler owners several times per year. Some of them were in the Jeep off roading group Legendary Civilian Jeepers.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Bruce
2001 Jeep XJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenbayTJ06 View Post
Ok a couple things. First i have searched all over and cant find anything on exactly where the "pipeline" is. I can find forest roads for days and thats it. I even scaned through the nicolet nat'l forest on satellite. I want to stay in that area. I know out in crandon is the offroad park and there may be trails in the chemiquen nat'l forest but im not looking for that. Would like to find something around Breed, Mountain, Suring, Lakewood. Something with rocks and stuff to crawl. No begginer dirt road crap. Sorry if I am coming off as an *** but its a bit frustrating.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.