NE Wisconsin and the Northwoods - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Wisconsin Jeep Forum > NE Wisconsin and the Northwoods

Steinjager TJ tube doorsIntroducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-10-2012, 12:31 PM   #1
bmxboy809
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Question NE Wisconsin and the Northwoods

I have been looking at a lot of old threads about wheeling in norther wisconsin. In the past few years there has been a lot of rumors and such floating around about great spots up there.

I havent seen any recent posts giving the status of any public places to wheel. From what I have gathered McCaslin Mtn has been shut down for good. I have personally heard rumors about the pipeline in crivitz area as well. Has wheeling on the Pipe line been shut down for good as well?

I just moved to the fox valley and would like to join a 4x4 club. Anyone know of one and could tell me when and where the meetings are? Also is there anywhere to go wheelin in this area? I know there are no public trails but anyone have private land near menasha/appleton/neenah?

anything anyone has to contribute is great! PM me if you wanna go out wheelin!

Unread 07-25-2012, 10:37 AM   #2
bmxboy809
1999 TJ Wrangler 

really? no one knows about wheeling in northern WI?
Unread 07-25-2012, 11:29 AM   #3
Weiss
2013 JK Wrangler 

There is a thread about an the GNTR event that you can check out.
Weiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2012, 11:33 AM   #4
Mud Machine
Jeep Addict

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Sent you a P.M.

Quote:
Does your gas tank overflow at the pump?
SUBMIT FORMAL COMPLAINT HERE!

2005 Rubicon LJ Unlimited - 4 1/2" BDS Suspension - 285/75/16 Toyo M/T's - 12,000# Winch - Ground Pounder Fab Rear Bumper - FabRieckAtions Custom Front Bumper - Overkill Engineering Tube Fenders - GR8 Half Top - Rock Hard Cage - Banks Monster Exhaust - 5.13 Gears - High Performance Flux Capacitor

1976 CJ-7 - 33" Super Swampers - BDS 4" Suspension - 6 Point Roll Cage
Mud Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2012, 12:55 AM   #5
Lancair007
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Machine
Sent you a P.M.
Hey, I am in Appleton and wheel the pipeline. It is open, but with some areas that are closed. My sons and I are going to off road park in northern Minnesota from August 27 to 30th, if you are interested. The Iron Range Off Road Park is awesome. Send me a private message.

Picture is from pipeline. South of county W.

409636_10151023011122779_1574272871_n.jpg
Lancair007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2012, 03:07 PM   #6
tuckinauster
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxboy809 View Post
I have been looking at a lot of old threads about wheeling in norther wisconsin. In the past few years there has been a lot of rumors and such floating around about great spots up there.

I havent seen any recent posts giving the status of any public places to wheel. From what I have gathered McCaslin Mtn has been shut down for good. I have personally heard rumors about the pipeline in crivitz area as well. Has wheeling on the Pipe line been shut down for good as well?

I just moved to the fox valley and would like to join a 4x4 club. Anyone know of one and could tell me when and where the meetings are? Also is there anywhere to go wheelin in this area? I know there are no public trails but anyone have private land near menasha/appleton/neenah?

anything anyone has to contribute is great! PM me if you wanna go out wheelin!
Last I heard, about 80% of the pipeline has been closed off.

I'm in Oshkosh, and there really isn't much for 4x4 clubs in the area. Unfortunetly the best way to do any wheeling around here is to get permission to use private property.

Sorry to be a debbie downer, but thats kind of the way it is around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.J. O'rouke
"The Jeep is a manly device. And a womanly device. An American device. Itís a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."
tuckinauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2012, 10:16 AM   #7
oestreich84

I am also newish to the area and looking for a group to get to know and go offroading with. The only place, other than private land with puddles, I have wheeled in Wisconsin is at Dresser on Memorial weekend. Would really like to get out and explore some new areas.
oestreich84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2012, 12:41 PM   #8
normjeeper
1997 ZJ 

Also new to the area and have been searching for some place to wheel. Planning a wheeling/camping trip the weeked of Sept. 15 and 16, 2012 and it looks like the closest place is going to be Cliffs Insane off road park just west of Chicago. Anyone out there got any better places? Anyone wanna go?
normjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.