JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Wisconsin Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f322/)
-   -   NE Wisconsin and the Northwoods (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f322/ne-wisconsin-northwoods-1367365/)

bmxboy809 05-10-2012 12:31 PM

NE Wisconsin and the Northwoods
 
I have been looking at a lot of old threads about wheeling in norther wisconsin. In the past few years there has been a lot of rumors and such floating around about great spots up there.

I havent seen any recent posts giving the status of any public places to wheel. From what I have gathered McCaslin Mtn has been shut down for good. I have personally heard rumors about the pipeline in crivitz area as well. Has wheeling on the Pipe line been shut down for good as well?

I just moved to the fox valley and would like to join a 4x4 club. Anyone know of one and could tell me when and where the meetings are? Also is there anywhere to go wheelin in this area? I know there are no public trails but anyone have private land near menasha/appleton/neenah?

anything anyone has to contribute is great! PM me if you wanna go out wheelin!:thumbsup:

bmxboy809 07-25-2012 10:37 AM

really? no one knows about wheeling in northern WI?

Weiss 07-25-2012 11:29 AM

There is a thread about an the GNTR event that you can check out.

Mud Machine 07-25-2012 11:33 AM

Sent you a P.M.

Lancair007 07-26-2012 12:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mud Machine
Sent you a P.M.

Hey, I am in Appleton and wheel the pipeline. It is open, but with some areas that are closed. My sons and I are going to off road park in northern Minnesota from August 27 to 30th, if you are interested. The Iron Range Off Road Park is awesome. Send me a private message.

Picture is from pipeline. South of county W.

Attachment 440415

tuckinauster 08-10-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmxboy809 (Post 13547597)
I have been looking at a lot of old threads about wheeling in norther wisconsin. In the past few years there has been a lot of rumors and such floating around about great spots up there.

I havent seen any recent posts giving the status of any public places to wheel. From what I have gathered McCaslin Mtn has been shut down for good. I have personally heard rumors about the pipeline in crivitz area as well. Has wheeling on the Pipe line been shut down for good as well?

I just moved to the fox valley and would like to join a 4x4 club. Anyone know of one and could tell me when and where the meetings are? Also is there anywhere to go wheelin in this area? I know there are no public trails but anyone have private land near menasha/appleton/neenah?

anything anyone has to contribute is great! PM me if you wanna go out wheelin!:thumbsup:

Last I heard, about 80% of the pipeline has been closed off.

I'm in Oshkosh, and there really isn't much for 4x4 clubs in the area. Unfortunetly the best way to do any wheeling around here is to get permission to use private property.

Sorry to be a debbie downer, but thats kind of the way it is around here.

:(

oestreich84 08-18-2012 10:16 AM

I am also newish to the area and looking for a group to get to know and go offroading with. The only place, other than private land with puddles, I have wheeled in Wisconsin is at Dresser on Memorial weekend. Would really like to get out and explore some new areas.

normjeeper 09-07-2012 12:41 PM

Also new to the area and have been searching for some place to wheel. Planning a wheeling/camping trip the weeked of Sept. 15 and 16, 2012 and it looks like the closest place is going to be Cliffs Insane off road park just west of Chicago. Anyone out there got any better places? Anyone wanna go?

GreenbayTJ06 03-26-2016 10:44 AM

Ok a couple things. First i have searched all over and cant find anything on exactly where the "pipeline" is. I can find forest roads for days and thats it. I even scaned through the nicolet nat'l forest on satellite. I want to stay in that area. I know out in crandon is the offroad park and there may be trails in the chemiquen nat'l forest but im not looking for that. Would like to find something around Breed, Mountain, Suring, Lakewood. Something with rocks and stuff to crawl. No begginer dirt road crap. Sorry if I am coming off as an *** but its a bit frustrating.

Next, do people in Wisconsin come on here anymore? For the last three months I have been watching the forums and posting on threads and get no response. Are there no jeepers here??

Night_Crawler 04-02-2016 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenbayTJ06 (Post 34619857)

Next, do people in Wisconsin come on here anymore? For the last three months I have been watching the forums and posting on threads and get no response. Are there no jeepers here??

This site has been going downhill fast over the last few years. I know of several pretty cool JF members that have left for various reasons and aren't looking back.

Lancair007 04-03-2016 10:40 AM

Wheeling near pipeline or Upper Michigan?
 
Hey GreenbayTJ06, I haven't been up to the pipeline lately, but if you are interested in going wheeling there or up in Upper Michigan, please send me a message at flylancair007@gmail.com. I live in Neenah and I get together with a group of Jeep Wrangler owners several times per year. Some of them were in the Jeep off roading group Legendary Civilian Jeepers.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Bruce
2001 Jeep XJ



Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenbayTJ06 (Post 34619857)
Ok a couple things. First i have searched all over and cant find anything on exactly where the "pipeline" is. I can find forest roads for days and thats it. I even scaned through the nicolet nat'l forest on satellite. I want to stay in that area. I know out in crandon is the offroad park and there may be trails in the chemiquen nat'l forest but im not looking for that. Would like to find something around Breed, Mountain, Suring, Lakewood. Something with rocks and stuff to crawl. No begginer dirt road crap. Sorry if I am coming off as an *** but its a bit frustrating.

Next, do people in Wisconsin come on here anymore? For the last three months I have been watching the forums and posting on threads and get no response. Are there no jeepers here??



The time now is 02:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.