McCaslin Mtn trail repair help, Nov 13-15 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Wisconsin Jeep Forum > McCaslin Mtn trail repair help, Nov 13-15

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 11-11-2009, 09:30 PM   #1
Zach571
1993 YJ Wrangler 

McCaslin Mtn trail repair help, Nov 13-15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudhunter
Quote:
Quote:
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, November 09, 2009 7:47 PM
To: mccaslin@cybrzn.com
Subject: Jeff Olson

Hello Smiths

I stopped in tonight but nobody was home.

I am sending this e-mail to shed some light on so many rumors that are floating around in regards to Mc Caslin Campgrounds and trails closing down.

Could you please let me know what is happening? Who is involved? (DNR-NFS-......etc...) Are you closed down?
If you are closed down, why? Is there anything I/we can do to help?

Jeff Olson

Hi Jeff,
Yes, the trails are closed down for now. The DNR is involved as we understand some of the 40's are in Forest Crop. We haven't found out yet which 40's they are and we are waiting to see what they
say about the trails. Also, the DNR told the Trust Co. ( who is in charge of the Dumke property now) that there is some violations in regard to ruts in the roads due to ATV's and trucks running the trails.
Mike is back there now smoothing out some of the trails and ruts. Some of the ruts were made by the loggers when they logged the property but until we find out what the siuation is for sure we have
shut down the trails. Hopefully we will be able to open at least some of them again soon but it all depends. As soon as we find out what's what we will let you know.

Edith Smith

Thank you Edith

I have access to heavy equipment such as skidstear, backhoe, bulldozer, etc......
Remember I only live 30 minuets away and If I can help in any way at all PLEASE LET ME KNOW.
I can get large groups of people with shovels also.
ALL OF US ARE WANTING TO DO SOMETHING TO HELP YOU

Jeff Olson
715-587-3341
Quote:
Ok, I have updated news for those seriously interested in helping out:

Quote:
Hi Jeff,
I just talked to Mike and he and Paul both said if anyone wants to come and help repair the roads they are welcome to come any time. If anyone wants to come and camp this weekend we will have
free camping for them and also we would have a free lunch of sloppy joes or something.

Ediith Smith
I have been in contact with them and if you want to come up to help out Please P.M. me (or post here) so I can let Edith know how many to expect
They are busy with this and other things also (regular life) try to keep from contacting them directly.

Update: 11/11/09-9:16PM
With limited communication to the party's that are not directly involved, the consensus is that the DNR is looking into the logging that was done there, some of it may have been done when it was still in the forest crop management system.
Main access roads have been rutted up and in need of repair.

What to bring (shovels, dozers, skidstears, work gloves, chains for dragging big rocks and logs, dump trailer) :j:
Looking to be filling in ruts and blocking off some areas with boulders, etc.......
(The plow lift hydraulics on Gillian's Jeep can pick up a good size bolder :twisted: )
They have some campers with heat

More details here:

WI4x4.com • View topic - Mc Caslin Campground trail repair help Nov 13-15

Zach571

www.wohva.com
Zach571 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.