Help! Need mechanic 4suspension!! Death wobble! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Wisconsin Jeep Forum > Help! Need mechanic 4suspension!! Death wobble!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 09-17-2013, 01:13 PM   #1
o11111o
2007 JK Wrangler 

Help! Need mechanic 4suspension!! Death wobble!

Living in Milwaukee and need a mechanic that is close!!! 2007wrangler x unlimited w/death wobble! The dealership said nothing wrong and the guy today told me I needed shocks, steering damper and smaller tires!!
I don't agree!!
Need some one to HELP me and not try to gouge me w/$$$$ band aides!!!
Any ideas r very helpful!!!

o11111o is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2013, 05:25 PM   #2
o11111o
2007 JK Wrangler 

Had to stop on my way up and call aaa before the right wheel fell off, but the answer to this question is Mooses 4x4 in Hartford if anyone needs them....
Unread 10-07-2013, 06:17 PM   #3
its-me-B
2002 WJ 

I have not heard of them...I don't know of any shops the specialize in 4x4, have you checked the tie rod ends and other steering components? Sounds like something is worn like ball joint or something, I would start looking into that. Do you work on it yourself?
Zombie Outbreak Response Unit #396
its-me-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2013, 02:26 PM   #4
o11111o
2007 JK Wrangler 

teraflex trackbar, axle u joints, tire rod ends, wheel bearing, wheel, lug bolts, ball joints, steering dampener.... pretty sure its all here... and no i didnt do all this work myself, mooses did. i told several places something was wrong but, NO, dont listen to the blonde girl!! the front end should be good for another 90000 miles... now i just want some new wheels and tires, and need some brakes and shocks soon... will definately take my jeep back to mooses 4x4
Unread 10-29-2013, 04:36 PM   #5
its-me-B
2002 WJ 

You should post a pic of your jeep...
Zombie Outbreak Response Unit #396
its-me-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2013, 12:07 PM   #6
jmichaelsjeep
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by o11111o View Post
teraflex trackbar, axle u joints, tire rod ends, wheel bearing, wheel, lug bolts, ball joints, steering dampener.... pretty sure its all here... and no i didnt do all this work myself, mooses did. i told several places something was wrong but, NO, dont listen to the blonde girl!! the front end should be good for another 90000 miles... now i just want some new wheels and tires, and need some brakes and shocks soon... will definately take my jeep back to mooses 4x4
How much lift and did they use a drop pitman arm?

I'm going through the process of removing my drop pitman arm for this reason. I'm also upgrading a bunch of other stuff, but I'd check the steering linkage for correct geometry and mounting... there is a diagram on the forum here somewhere if you do a search.
Unread 12-05-2013, 06:30 PM   #7
o11111o
2007 JK Wrangler 

i really need to put up a pic,but i havnt yet lifted it... this was just to get it ready.... need more $ for wheels, tires n lift kit..... soon

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.