Great Northern Trail Ride - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Wisconsin Jeep Forum > Great Northern Trail Ride

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 06-14-2012, 11:38 AM   #1
the_deadhead
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Great Northern Trail Ride

The Wisconsin Off-Highway Vehicle Association’s 5th Annual Great Northern Trail Ride

The Wisconsin Off-Highway Vehicle Association (WOHVA) is happy to announce that our 5th Annual Great Northern Trail Ride (GNTRV) will held on the Mole Lake Indian Reservation on August 16th, 17th, 18th & 19, 2012. The Mole Lake Lodge & Conference Center serves as the host site for this outstanding event. If you can only get out on the trail once this year, you’re gonna want to make this the event you attend!

Before the French made contact with them, the Ojibwa were spreading out into Wisconsin in small groups in search of food and furs. Clan chiefs sent runners to find the right spot for their people. The resulting settlements later came to be called “bands.” Today, the Lake Superior Chippewa Tribe is made up of a number of smaller bands living in Wisconsin, Minnesota and Michigan. Mole Lake is home to the Sokaogon (Mole Lake) Band of Lake Superior Chippewa.

In August of 2007, the Sokaogon-Chippewa Tribal Council passed a Resolution which granted WOHVA exclusive access to Tribal Lands for OHV recreational events! The Mole Lake Reservation is located in Forest County, Wisconsin (deep in the heart of the Northwoods). These trails are available only for private riding events and are not open to public recreation. The result is an area that few have ever seen and even fewer have been able to access with OHV’s!

The GNTRV offers numerous trails which explore the Mole Lake Indian reservation (in and around Mole Lake). Trails are available for 4-Wheel Drives, ATV’s, UTV’s and OHM’s. They range in difficulty from novice to extreme. There is quite simply, “Something for everyone!” on possibly the most beautiful track of land in the Badger State.

The GNTRV includes guided trail rides, event t-shirt, prizes & meals (breakfast and dinner are served at the Mole Lake Lodge & Conference Center each day, while lunch is served on the trail). Mark your calendars now and join us for this truly awesome, all-inclusive event!

For more information on WOHVA or the GNTRV visit our web site at www.WOHVA.com or email us at info@wohva.com

John "deadhead" Schnorr
Legislative Director, WOHVA
the_deadhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2012, 06:56 PM   #2
o11111o
2007 JK Wrangler 

what exactly is inside of a WOHVA certified spill kit?
the agenda states the 17 & 18th... so what happens on the other dates listed above
and fyi the registration form says August 16th, 17th, 18th & 20th, 2012 ;-)
thx
o11111o is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2012, 01:31 PM   #3
the_deadhead
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Information regarding WOHVA Spill Kits (including materials and purchase information) is available at the WOHVA Web Store. Click the "Store" tab at www.WOHVA.com

John "deadhead" Schnorr
Unread 06-15-2012, 05:34 PM   #4
o11111o
2007 JK Wrangler 

store tab? i do not see one... if i had a list i could just recreate or see if i have what i need...
Unread 06-15-2012, 07:45 PM   #5
the_deadhead
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Site Registration

You need to be a registered user on the web site to access the WOHVA Web Store and to have access to other restricted features. It only takes a minute to register.

All kits are packed, sealed and registered with WOHVA. WOHVA Spill Kits are endorsed and recommended by Del Albright (Access Ambasador) of the BlueRibbon Coalition. Home made do not meet our standards and would require detailed inspection by WOHVA prior to our events. We just don't have the volunteers needed to accomplish or even attempt this task.

Kits are capable of capturing 3.75 gallons of liquid, come self-contained in a handy carrying case and include the following:
2 - Absorbent Mats
2 - Haz Mats
5 - Scrubs® Green Cleaning Wipes
2 - Absorbent Pillows
1 –Safety Glasses
5 - Pairs Sani-Gloves
1 - Large Disposal Bag
1 - Pig Putty
1 - Package Assorted Zip Ties
2 - Small Disposal Bags
1 – MSDS Packet
1 - Quick Reference Instructions
1 – 42” Absorbent Sock
10 - Spill Wipes
1 - Radiator Stop Leak

John "deadhead" Schnorr
Unread 06-16-2012, 11:12 AM   #6
o11111o
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_deadhead View Post

All kits are packed, sealed and registered with WOHVA. WOHVA Spill Kits are endorsed and recommended by Del Albright (Access Ambasador) of the BlueRibbon Coalition. Home made do not meet our standards.
and now you have just lost me w/ your condescending remark...
i had no intention a rolling my jeep and i ddnt notice this kit in the jjusa paperwork... so i guess i will not be driving northeast
Unread 06-16-2012, 01:15 PM   #7
the_deadhead
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Confusion

I think you're confused. The Great Northern Trail Ride is not a Jeep Jamboree USA event. Perhaps you're referring to the Northwoods-Mole Lake Jeep Jamboree USA?

Just an FYI to responsible off-road enthusiasts. Nobody plans to roll their Jeep. Just as nobody plans to punch a hole in their radiator or oil pan. Nobody plans to tear off a brake line or have their Jeep over heat. Nobody plans to accidentally spill a quart of motor oil, power steering or brake fluid. Life is full of unplanned problems.

WOHVA Spill Kits help to safely and responsibly address those unplanned accidents. Our kits are vacuum wrapped to be as compact as possible, while still having all the materials you'll need to clean-up your unplanned spill. Once opened and used, they require reburbishing (which WOHVA will do for you). This helps assure that no only the Kit is complete, but more importantly that it is up to task if the unplanned occurs.

John "deadhead" Schnorr
Unread 06-16-2012, 01:49 PM   #8
o11111o
2007 JK Wrangler 

no i do not think i am confused.. jamboree for $600 w/ no attitude or your event for $150 w/ your kit required -- same trails-- just 2 different months... right?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.